View Full Version : Hello from Tails N' Trails

Tails N' Trails
01-03-2007, 03:47 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to say hello.We are Tails N' Trails - Shawn, Laura, Finnish Spitz Taylor and Doberman Guinevere! We spent the last year (of almost 3 away from Maine) in Louisiana working with the EPA on the hurricane Rita cleanup. We started Geocaching down there in our spare time and can't wait to dive right in back here in the state we love!
We have a few finds under our collective belt in Louisiana and as of now one in Maine working on two or three today.
We cant wait to get settled back in and meet some fellow cachers so drop us a line!
Didn't want to wait for the welcome waggon thought we would jump right in hope you dont mind!

WhereRWe?
01-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Didn't want to wait for the welcome waggon thought we would jump right in hope you dont mind!

LOL! The "Welcome Wagon" (me) just got home from the store and has just emailed you.

And if you like to "jump right in", you'll fit into this group real well! LOL!

;) ;)

firefighterjake
01-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Welcome to geocachingmaine.org TNT!

d’76
01-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Welcome aboard, Great folks and great resources are aviliable here so take advantage of them. Enjoy it here.

Again, Welcome

Dave

Tails N' Trails
01-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanx everyone!

hollora
01-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Welcome - consider coming to the event later this month - would love to meet - face to face. Until then - enjoy caching in Maine and enjoy this resource.

brdad
01-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Welcome back to Maine - the way caching should be!

Team2hunt
01-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Welcome back to Maine and home. As you can see we are from all over this beautiful state. Was just out caching last night with Ordinary Shark in your backyard. :eek: Not literally. :rolleyes: We are having an event closer to home the 12th in Biddeford. I am bringing my son 1manteam. Hope to see you on the caching trails.

Haffy
01-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Welcome back to Maine and home. As you can see we are from all over this beautiful state. Was just out caching last night with Ordinary Shark in your backyard. :eek: Not literally. :rolleyes: We are having an event closer to home the 12th in Biddeford. I am bringing my son 1manteam. Hope to see you on the caching trails.

You mean the MGA is having an event. Not GC Maine.

Cache Maine
01-03-2007, 08:18 PM
We are having an event closer to home the 12th in Biddeford.

You mean the MGA is having an event. Not GC Maine.

Events are open to everyone regardless of who puts them on. I think the term, "we" means all geocachers in Maine, collectively. Especially in this context, when a new cacher has come on board, and Team2Hunt is introducing them to the idea of going to an event, "we" as an entire state should welcome them to any event that is being held.

Mainiac1957
01-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Events are open to everyone regardless of who puts them on. I think the term, "we" means all geocachers in Maine, collectively. Especially in this context, when a new cacher has come on board, and Team2Hunt is introducing them to the idea of going to an event, "we" as an entire state should welcome them to any event that is being held.

Ya what you said

Haffy
01-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Didn't mean anything derogatory by that statement. Just wanted to clarify about what organization was putting it on that's all. I hope everyone gets to go to events no matter who puts it on. Don't take my statement so personally Cameoooooo.

Cache Maine
01-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Don't take my statement so personally Cameoooooo.

Ha! Nice Haffy. :rolleyes:

Welcome to Tails N' Trails!

Tails N' Trails
01-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Sounds good, where do I find the details on the biddeford event?
Also is there a way to show the total of cache finds in LA and here, the LA finds are under another name on geocaching.com?
Thanks again,
Tails N' Trails

Haffy
01-04-2007, 08:37 PM
The details of the Biddeford event you can find here: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=95a05a17-99a4-4ada-806c-f2230ad333f2

I'm not sure what you are referring to on the LA caches,can you be a little more specific?

Tails N' Trails
01-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Simply put how do I show the caches found in Louisiana under another name on geocaching.com together with the ones in Maine under the name Tails N' Trails? Cache total here on this profile. Thank you

Tails N' Trails
01-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Mainiac1957 shows a total here

Haffy
01-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Ok I understand what you mean as I also have a stats bar in my signature as well. I don't know of a way to use 2 different names to combine both totals but I'm sure there is a way around that.

brdad
01-05-2007, 07:48 AM
You can't combine them unless you made yourself a custom image and edited it every time you found another cache. But, you could post two images.

Cache Maine
01-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Simply put how do I show the caches found in Louisiana under another name on geocaching.com together with the ones in Maine under the name Tails N' Trails? Cache total here on this profile. Thank you

Why wouldn't you use the same name you had in LA instead of creating a new one? :confused:

Tails N' Trails
01-05-2007, 11:08 AM
It was an oversite on my part I guess I could create a new Id here using my Geocaching.com Id. Shawn_S Then I just need to know how to put up the stat bar here.

Shawn_S
01-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Ok so now Tails N' Trails is now Shawn_S so all I need to know is how to get the stat bar here. thank you all for your patience and help as we settle in.:)

Cache Maine
01-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Ohhh.....Now I'm confused. So when caching in LA you logged all your finds at geocaching.com under Shawn S. Then you moved to Maine. You are still logging all your finds at geocaching.com under Shawn S.

Here at geocachingmaine.org, you are known as Tails & Trails. Now you have created a second user name here at geocachingmaine.org as Shawn S.

These are two separate things. The two user names don't have to be the same. I thought you had created a second user name for geocaching.com to log your Maine caches under, but actually, you are still using the same one you had in LA.

Your question is how do you get that little white box down under your posts that has a little picture and your hides and finds right?

Take a look at this thread.....

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1581

Haffy
01-05-2007, 02:38 PM
You can't change your user name on GC.com,that ability was taken away this past summer. What you can do though is all your Maine caches that you used Tails and Trails just go back and log all those on the same date with your Shawn s name. That will then give you the total caches for Maine and La. if you used the Shawn S name in La. I know it sounds confusing but it should reflect all your cache finds in both states using the Shawn s name.

For some stat bar help you might want to check out this thread on the GC.forums: http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=150367&hl=

Team2hunt
01-05-2007, 08:57 PM
And use the filter to get your Maine finds. Who's counting anyways.

Shawn_S
01-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Quick test.