View Full Version : gc.com notification

d’76
01-29-2007, 08:06 AM
Is any one else having trouble getting your notifications from gc.com. I was looking to go caching in the winterport area yesterday and I am very sure that I got all the caches in the area, until I got home when the new cache listing shows a new multi placed on the 27th which I know wasnt their. This has been happening for a couple of weeks. It happened to me the other day when Mainiac1957 calls and says Dave lets go grab that new cache down to Frankfort and I went to look and I couldnt find anything and he had to send me the link so that I could veiw it. When I was not using the link that he sent me I couldnt find it.:confused:

THis seems very weird.

OBTW

I went and checked all my settings for notifications and they are all set up the right way.

brdad
01-29-2007, 03:48 PM
There are a few threads posted at gc.com discussing this problem. Part of it was from Yahoo throttling it's email from gc.com., but it goes beyong that and some members are having problems and some are not. Supposedly they are working on it.

It's most likely growing pains at gc.com. I remember it happening often when I first started. Every holiday or other reason for people to get GPSRs as gifts, and the whole site would slow down or die. That was one good thing that happned when they moved the cg.com forums to it's own servers, so if the web site went down you could still check the forums to see what was happening.