View Full Version : Ammo cans to get rid of...

Foxgloves
02-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Is anyone interested in ammo cans?
I have archived my 3 caches in VT because I may be moving to Maine this year if everything goes as planned...
I don't plan on placing any caches in the near future and I need to clean out the basement. These ammos are in good condition and the seals are good. I am willing to spray a coat of camouflage paint on them too.
I have (2) 50 cal and (1) 30 cal I think :confused: and am willing to give them to the first person who contacts me via email.

I may be coming to Maine Presidents Day weekend (Feb 17-19th) and will be in the Portland area and can meet you somewhere.

I'm also looking for someone to cache w/ that weekend if anyone is free. Preferably would like to do a nice hike somewhere. Or if anyone wants to get together for coffee that would be great too.

I'd like to meet some of you Maineiacs....
Katahdin Goddess...Beach Comber....Haffy....Ye Old Prospector....and the list goes on....

pjpreb
02-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Well we're all set with ammo cans but welcome to Maine! :)

Cache Maine
02-01-2007, 04:18 PM
I could use a few but I'm up in Bangor. You might want to try and attend the event in Winslow on the 17th, we will AAAALLLLLLLLLL be there!

Welcome to Maine!

hollora
02-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Yes, welcome to Maine!

tat
02-01-2007, 06:49 PM
If you can make it to Waterville on the 17th, there's a good chance you'll get to meet a lot of people from Maine. There's a bunch of great caches along the way!

WhereRWe?
02-01-2007, 07:25 PM
I may be coming to Maine Presidents Day weekend (Feb 17-19th) and will be in the Portland area and can meet you somewhere.

Remember that the WWWWWW3 geocaching event will be in Winslow (Waterville) on Feb 17, and you can be sure to meet MANY Maine geocachers!

:D :D :D

Cache Maine
02-01-2007, 08:02 PM
I think there is an echo in here.

Haffy
02-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Echo echo echo echo echo echo....................

Foxgloves
02-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanx everyone!
I didn't realize there was an event that weekend. Not sure where Winslow Maine is but I have a GPS and maps and I'm sure I can figure it out.:D
I'll check out the cache page...

anywho...
The ammo cans are spoken for and Cache Maine is the lucky winner! ;)

I could use a few but I'm up in Bangor. You might want to try and attend the event in Winslow on the 17th, we will AAAALLLLLLLLLL be there!

Welcome to Maine!

Haffy
02-01-2007, 10:42 PM
There are a few cachers from the Portland area who will be coming up this way to the event so maybe you can hook up with one of them for the day. Just a thought.

WhereRWe?
02-02-2007, 11:24 AM
I think there is an echo in here.

LOL! That's what you get when you respond to a message without going through the entire thread first! :o :o

Team2hunt
02-03-2007, 10:08 AM
I have had the opportunity to cache in Vermont. It's a great place for hiking and caching. My favorite though had a short hike. " whale tail " virtual. Welcome to Maine. If you need directions just ask. If you need a lift, or want to go caching, the Team is always ready, and willing to head out and go caching.

Cache Maine
02-03-2007, 08:21 PM
If you need a lift, or want to go caching, the Team is always ready, and willing to head out and go caching.
I need help with the Delorme Challenge. :p

Team2hunt
02-04-2007, 09:38 AM

Haven't we had this discussion before. You pay for the gas and I will drive you right to the caches. No navigating needed on your part. :cool: We will be on the road for 1 week, camping in all the remote places in No. Maine, where there are NO hotels. Or rest stops. Just plenty of trees. This is the easy way to complete the DeLorme. Then there's the hard way................6 trips over 6 weekends and over 4000 miles. :eek: You choose. :rolleyes:

Team2hunt
02-04-2007, 09:39 AM

Try The Rhode Island Challenge. Only 12 caches in one day trip. :D

Cache Maine
02-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Try The Rhode Island Challenge. Only 12 caches in one day trip. :D

Okay, let's do that one on the way to Raleigh! LOL ;):p:)