View Full Version : More Snow Predicted

Foxgloves
02-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Sounds like we have a lot of snow coming this week...Whoo Hoo!!!
They are saying 6-12 inches where I live...

I was hoping to do a lot of caching while I am in Maine for the long weekend...I guess it'll just add to the challenge and I"ll have to come prepared for those micros in the woods....:D

Can't wait to meet everyone at the event!

Team2hunt
02-13-2007, 06:22 PM
I made the stop at L.L.Bean's today on my way home from work. The Team was down to only one pair of snowshoes. With the impending 2' - 3' of snow coming. That was my justification for the purchase. I bought a new pair of Tubs. Marked down from 199.00 to 79.95 with all of my L.L.Bean discounts, the final price was around 50.00. Woohoo! Can't wait to try them out. See yah at the event. If anyone wants to carpool or convoy from So.Maine. I will be leaving from the Gray Exit #63 Saturday morning. I can be flexible on the time of departure.

Foxgloves
02-13-2007, 07:13 PM
If anyone wants to carpool or convoy from So.Maine. I will be leaving from the Gray Exit #63 Saturday morning. I can be flexible on the time of departure.

I thought about carpooling but I am bringing all my gear and want to have my car with me.
I am also planning on doing some of the caches in the area after the event if anyone else wants to tag along w/me I'd welcome the company.
I will be in Portland the rest of the weekend thru Monday if anyone from the southern tier or northern tier wants to dig out caches in the snow.;)
I can give you my cell number at the event.
Let me know...

Hiram357
02-13-2007, 07:19 PM
I made the stop at L.L.Bean's today on my way home from work. The Team was down to only one pair of snowshoes. With the impending 2' - 3' of snow coming. That was my justification for the purchase. I bought a new pair of Tubs. Marked down from 199.00 to 79.95 with all of my L.L.Bean discounts, the final price was around 50.00. Woohoo! Can't wait to try them out. See yah at the event. If anyone wants to carpool or convoy from So.Maine. I will be leaving from the Gray Exit #63 Saturday morning. I can be flexible on the time of departure.

If the snow comes as predicted I was hoping to snowshoe the Etna Bog cache. If you or anyone else is interested I'll bring the shoes along to the event. :D

Team2hunt
02-13-2007, 07:57 PM
If the snow comes as predicted I was hoping to snowshoe the Etna Bog cache. If you or anyone else is interested I'll bring the shoes along to the event. :D

I'm in! I'm in! (there the message is long enough now) :rolleyes:

Hiram357
02-13-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm in! I'm in! (there the message is long enough now) :rolleyes:

This just means you should only order 1/2 a sandwich now.;)

For anyone else interested, the cache is GC3D79. :D

Let's hope for some more snow!

Team2hunt
02-13-2007, 09:05 PM
This just means you should only order 1/2 a sandwich now.;)

For anyone else interested, the cache is GC3D79. :D

Let's hope for some more snow!

I'll take the other half with me. That'll be 1 Gerry Garcia, whole wheat, mayo. Thank you.

Hiram357
02-13-2007, 09:57 PM
I'll take the other half with me. That'll be 1 Gerry Garcia, whole wheat, mayo. Thank you.

lol, good idea, bring provisions in case we get stranded. ;) :D

Hiram357
02-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Just an update... Etna Bog was a great hike! strenuous on those of us breaking the trail, but it was good fun!! and with good company! :D :D :D

Hiram357
02-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Just downloaded the track from the GPS...

we hiked 1.6 Miles
with an average speed of 1.2 mph
which took us 1hr and 20minutes

:D

hollora
02-18-2007, 06:07 PM
If you have a track on going to that cache could you send it to me. bgrffdave and I are trying to do whatever we can to pick an access route to appease the locals. The track would help. Thanks!

Glad you all made it - my Becka, Francis Family, said if there was anyone besides her brother she felt comfortable to trek with - it was all of you! Me too but we didn't plan on it for Saturday.

Glad you had a great treck - there will be another time and another place - there is certainly nothing like caching with friends!