View Full Version : What to do on Valentine's Day in a Blizzard

WhereRWe?
02-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Can someone help me on this? RULOST2? called in today - didn't want to go in to work because of the nasty weather - so what do we do?

I thought of a couple of things that might be interesting, but thought someone else could come with a few suggestions.

I tried washing her face in the snow - then licking it off - and she hit me.

I suggested rolling around in the snow (naked) then coming in to warm up. She rolled her eyes and told me to act my age.

I even offered to buy her candy and/or flowers yesterday, and she said she's rather have a 6-pack of Diet Coke.

Sheesh!

brdad
02-14-2007, 11:07 AM
When Lee and I are alone and locked in, we like to play house. That's where I make a mess, and she cleans it up.

Today, I'm alone, so I just have to take it easy and hang out in the chat room and surf the net and think about cleaning the cellar.

Hiram357
02-14-2007, 11:11 AM
Well, personally I know my wife very well, I know all the things she loves! So I'm going to give her all those things today! I know how much she loves to do dishes, so I'll make plenty of dirty ones, and she loves picking up after me, so I'm going to put out lots of clothes and beer cans around the apartment. And most of all she loves to vacuum!!! So I made extra sure that today when I went to clean the snow off the Jeep that I didn't take my boots off when I came back in! (I'm also going to help her clean the fridge, I'm going to eat all the leftovers while I'm playing video games today so she can have more dishes to do!)

Beach Comber
02-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Can someone help me on this? RULOST2? called in today - didn't want to go in to work because of the nasty weather - so what do we do?

I thought of a couple of things that might be interesting, but thought someone else could come with a few suggestions.

I tried washing her face in the snow - then licking it off - and she hit me.

I suggested rolling around in the snow (naked) then coming in to warm up. She rolled her eyes and told me to act my age.

I even offered to buy her candy and/or flowers yesterday, and she said she's rather have a 6-pack of Diet Coke.

Sheesh!

awwwwwwwwwww - that just plain stinks Bruce!! :(

Beach Comber
02-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Well, personally I know my wife very well, I know all the things she loves! So I'm going to give her all those things today! I know how much she loves to do dishes, so I'll make plenty of dirty ones, and she loves picking up after me, so I'm going to put out lots of clothes and beer cans around the apartment. And most of all she loves to vacuum!!! So I made extra sure that today when I went to clean the snow off the Jeep that I didn't take my boots off when I came back in! (I'm also going to help her clean the fridge, I'm going to eat all the leftovers while I'm playing video games today so she can have more dishes to do!)

Can't you give her a plastic rose or something too? lol
Maybe you could evenjust regive her the one you already gave her......again :eek:

Beach Comber
02-14-2007, 11:24 AM
When Lee and I are alone and locked in, we like to play house. That's where I make a mess, and she cleans it up.

I'm not going to ask what kind of mess that might be. :o

Foxgloves
02-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Happy Valentines Day Everybody!
I see we have some hopeless romantics in this group... LMAO!
(read as H O P E L E S S romantics)

What are the snow conditions there? It started snowing at midnight and I have probably 10" or more and its coming down fast.
I have not been plowed out yet and I don't think the predictions of 2-3 ft are too far fetched.
I feel like I'm in a snow globe!!!! I love it!!!!!
What a beautiful Valentines Day!!!!;)

brdad
02-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Here in Bangor it started coming down around 8 AM and we now have an inch I guess. I think they're forcasting 8" for here.

WhereRWe?
02-14-2007, 12:32 PM
Here in Bangor it started coming down around 8 AM and we now have an inch I guess. I think they're forcasting 8" for here.

Wow! Didn't start until 8??? We're only 50 miles west of there, and it started at 6:00 here. And we have about 5 inches so far.

What a difference a few miles makes! :D :D

(The carpenters finished yesterday - FINALLY - and RULOST2? is upstairs arranging her sewing materials in the cabinets they built for her. Works for me!)

Mainiac1957
02-14-2007, 01:46 PM
I too am home today, and ready to go play in the snow. Any takers?:rolleyes: You guys are too funny however.:p :p

Hiram357
02-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Can't you give her a plastic rose or something too? lol
Maybe you could evenjust regive her the one you already gave her......again :eek:

LOL!!! YOURE A GENIUS!! I gave her the flowers again and said they still havent died! and she thought it was cute!! :D

Hiram357
02-14-2007, 02:07 PM

it started around 7am here and weve got close to 8"

FuddsGirls
02-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Snow started here in Bowdoinham around 4am and we have about 7 inches so far. Is it Valentine's Day? That's why he bought me soem beer last night and cracked open a few home brews:D . We just got in from our first round of plowing (I like to ride the tractor with him) and now he is making my lunch and doing the dishes. Don't say it either T2H. Its what I deserve.:rolleyes:

Foxgloves
02-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Let it snow...Let it snow.... Let it snow!!!!! http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/EMSDudette/W_PRAY16.gif

As of right now I have gotten with no exageration about 2 feet of snow and its still coming down hard...visibility is "0" The snow is up to the top of my railing on my deck..
If this continues throughout the night we will have the 3 feet predicted... this is the biggest snowstorm I have seen in years!!!
It is gorgeous out there!!!! I may just hop on my snowshoes tonight and head out the back door....

It figures though that we get all this new snow just days before I'm headed out of town for the weekend. :rolleyes:

Team2hunt
02-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Snow started here in Bowdoinham around 4am and we have about 7 inches so far. Is it Valentine's Day? That's why he bought me soem beer last night and cracked open a few home brews:D . We just got in from our first round of plowing (I like to ride the tractor with him) and now he is making my lunch and doing the dishes. Don't say it either T2H. Its what I deserve.:rolleyes:

I may not be the smartest, but I know better than to make that assumption on Valentine's Day. I'll save it for Saturday. Is Fudd coming too?

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. We are not going to venture in town tonight for the Banff Film Festival. So I guess I'll just hang out. Maybe I'll try out the new snowshoes tonight. Thanks for mentioning it.

Hiram357
02-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Let it snow...Let it snow.... Let it snow!!!!! http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/EMSDudette/W_PRAY16.gif

As of right now I have gotten with no exageration about 2 feet of snow and its still coming down hard...visibility is "0" The snow is up to the top of my railing on my deck..
If this continues throughout the night we will have the 3 feet predicted... this is the biggest snowstorm I have seen in years!!!
It is gorgeous out there!!!! I may just hop on my snowshoes tonight and head out the back door....

It figures though that we get all this new snow just days before I'm headed out of town for the weekend. :rolleyes:

We have about the same conditions here in waterville! Stef and I took the snowshoes on a nice hike after one of Haffy's caches, but logged a DNF(inish) because the cold killed the batteries after we hiked about 2 miles to the cache location (I think I was within 200' of it too) But the conditions were great for shoeing!! Etna Bog is definitely on the TO DO list this weekend!! :D :D :D

Hiram357
02-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Maybe I'll try out the new snowshoes tonight. Thanks for mentioning it.

Strap em on and get used to em! I think this snow is gunna be here for a while!!! (woo hoo!!) :D :D :D

d’76
02-14-2007, 07:21 PM
For those of you that have met Girlmate you know she is not a girly girl so I gave her a glock about 2 years ago and it brought tears of joy to her eyes. Its not chocolates and its not roses but it is a tool she can use forever. And have a hell of a time shooting the S*** out of things.

This year we decided to save the money we would have blown on each other and decided to buy a couple of things that we both would enjoy while at camp next week.

Haffy
02-14-2007, 07:33 PM
For those of you that have met Girlmate you know she is not a girly girl .

On the contrary Dave I think she is one HOT girly girl and you can tell her I said so too. ;) :D

hollora
02-14-2007, 07:49 PM
Dave - just because one likes to do things like shoot the heck out of stuff, paddle, hike, fish maybe and generally not care about 4 walls and the most recent decorating ideas - doesn't mean you you can't be a girly girl...and/or maybe the description should rather be ... a confident, composed and contented woman! I would be inclined this might be more the description of Constance :-) May both of you have a Happy Valentine's Day along with all the folks on this board. Hug your sweetie whoever it may be!

d’76
02-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Dave - just because one likes to do things like shoot the heck out of stuff, paddle, hike, fish maybe and generally not care about 4 walls and the most recent decorating ideas - doesn't mean you you can't be a girly girl...and/or maybe the description should rather be ... a confident, composed and contented woman! I would be inclined this might be more the description of Constance :-) May both of you have a Happy Valentine's Day along with all the folks on this board. Hug your sweetie whoever it may be!

Did you hear that Brad. Hug your sweetie:D

Mainiac1957
02-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Did you hear that Brad. Hug your sweetie:D

She's laying right next to me. As well as Jock.:rolleyes:

attroll
02-14-2007, 09:10 PM
We got bored sitting around the house and we hopped on our three snowmobiles and started cruising the roads this evening.

FuddsGirls
02-15-2007, 07:54 AM
I may not be the smartest, but I know better than to make that assumption on Valentine's Day. I'll save it for Saturday. Is Fudd coming too?
We won't be able to make this one and its the one we really wanted to go to. We'll be in CT be dubbed the new godparents of our niece. Hope you all have a great time.

Foxgloves
02-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Well after all was said and done I got a total of 3 ft of snow at my house from yesterdays blizzard....I was so happy about that till I got up this morning and my neighbor who plows me out called and said his plow truck was stuck and he didn't know when he would be up to get me out. This is 24" of fresh snow since he last plowed me out Wednesday morning...
So I told him, "don't worry about it" Just get here whenever you can...
Here comes the good part..I decided to go out and start shoveling my car out and figured it wouldn't take me too long so I threw on some sweatpants and some rain boots and went outside...I had been out there for a half hour and went to open my door and I had locked myself out of my house!!!! :mad:
The key that I normally have outside for these types of emergencies, I had just brought it in the morning before because I knew it would get buried in this snowstorm in its secret location and I wanted to put a new keychain on it and put it back in a different place NEXT time I went outside. When I realized my spare key was on my kitchen counter and there was no way I could get in my house without breaking an expensive window, I hiked down to my neighbors in 2 ft of snow up to my thighs down a 500 ft driveway and I was cold! I called a locksmith from my neighbors and he said he wouldn't come to my house until it was plowed out...I said well do you have snowshoes? He said " I'm 70 years old and I'm not throwing on snowshoes. Just call me when you get plowed out and I will gladly come up and unlock your door for you"...
5 hours later I was able to get plowed out and locksmith was able to get me in my house in all of two minutes.....It was an expensive morning!

But I learned some valuable lessons this morning...regardless of how long you plan to be outside..dress warmly and leave a spare house key in your glove compartment...(where I live there is no need to lock my car at night so that should work out for me in the future)

Although this morning I was not a happy camper, when it all boils down I'm healthy and I'm alive...and thats all thats important...and this snow is so beautiful!
Life is Good!

As long as there are no more of these setbacks I'll see everyone Saturday at 12:00. Looking forward to it.

hollora
02-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Our Postmaster did the same this - lock herself out. If you are not comfortable with hiding a key outside or leaving it in an unlocked car - a company by the name of Supra makes a locking mountable container with a changable push button combination to put a key in. It is similar with what the real estate people put on a door knob to show a house except it is mountable to the side of a building. At less than $25 well worth the investment.

When we were shown our house before we bought it - there was one here. We just changed the combination when we bought the house and put in our new key (we did have the locks changes). No duplicates for the kids, neighbors watching the dog, etc - we love it.

Hiram357
02-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Well after all was said and done ....

LOL!! That sounds like some kinda mishap adventure I would have!!

Today when I woke up there was a 4ft pile of snow around my jeep! (stupid plows) so in 4lo i backed up and bit and rammed it a couple of times... (it was hard packed snow too) on the 3rd hit I broke through, and half in and half out... all 4s came down to ice!! so I shoveld out around the pumpkin and the jeep was able to take it from there. I LOVE WINTER!

WhereRWe?
02-16-2007, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=Hiram357;28238]so I shoveld out around the pumpkin and the jeep was able to take it from there. QUOTE]

Shoveled out around the pumpkin??? :confused: :confused:

brdad
02-16-2007, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=Hiram357;28238]so I shoveld out around the pumpkin and the jeep was able to take it from there. QUOTE]

Shoveled out around the pumpkin??? :confused: :confused:

pumkin = differential = that big round thing under the car on the pipe between the two rear tires.

And I understand... if you don't have a Jeep, it's hard to understand what a shovel is for as there is little need.

Hiram357
02-16-2007, 08:42 PM
[quote=WhereRWe?;28243]

pumkin = differential = that big round thing under the car on the pipe between the two rear tires.

And I understand... if you don't have a Jeep, it's hard to understand what a shovel is for as there is little need.

As I understand, "tow truck" is the term the rest of you use... :p