View Full Version : RE: For better (according to my wife) or for worse (according to me) Spring is coming

firefighterjake
02-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Yesterday I thought I was seeing things (kind of like Hiram thinking he saw me at the WWWWW event ;) :D ) . . . but when I called my wife over she saw it too -- a robin pecking away on my front lawn where I had plowed the snow away. I guess Spring is right around the corner . . . which makes my wife happy, but it means my sledding days are numbered (thank goodness for geocaching!!!)

vicbiker
02-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Not necessarily,last year I watched a robin all winter long.He or she was feeding on those red berries that you find in the bogs.The ones that are there for the birds to find in the spring on their return.One wonders if the robin surviving by eating the berries jepodized some other bird in the spring.All part of natures plan?

With the water dripping off my roof today Jake ,you are probably right that the snowmobiling is coming to a close,sadly so is the snowshoeing.With spring comes all the other things we enjoy including more geocaching.

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
02-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Think Spring
Think Spring
Think Spring
Think Spring
Think Spring

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

becket
02-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Think Spring
Think Spring
Think Spring
Think Spring
Think Spring

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :DYES! i agree!

firefighterjake
02-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Think Spring
Think Spring
Think Spring
Think Spring
Think Spring

I think I saw you at the WWWWW event . . . did you make a cell phone call from your truck before heading off to work?

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
02-26-2007, 02:06 PM
I think I saw you at the WWWWW event . . . did you make a cell phone call from your truck before heading off to work?

It very well may have been me as I did make a call on my cell phone. I drive a Black Toyota Pickup covered in road salt and sand with the back full of snow.:rolleyes:

WhereRWe?
02-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Yesterday I thought I was seeing things (kind of like Hiram thinking he saw me at the WWWWW event ;) :D ) . . . but when I called my wife over she saw it too -- a robin pecking away on my front lawn where I had plowed the snow away. I guess Spring is right around the corner . .

As the article in Friday's Morning Sentinel (http://morningsentinel.mainetoday.com/news/local/3645592.html) stated, "don't get your hopes up"! LOL!

Starzz
02-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Ive been seeing robins here for the past month or so. A flock of robins and cedar waxwings was behind the house at the mountain ash berries. The berries are gone now and so are most of the robins and waxwings, but there is still a few robins hanging around. I went the the store today and got some old apples, and I nailed them in halves to the fence. Hopefully the robins will eat them. :)

Hiram357
02-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Think Spring
Think Spring
Think Spring
Think Spring
Think Spring

YES! i agree!

BAD THINKING!!! BAD! BAD! BAD!!! MOVE TO FLORIDA!!!! :p :p :p

Viva la winter!!!!
MORE SNOW MORE SNOW!!!! :D :D :D

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
02-26-2007, 07:21 PM
BAD THINKING!!! BAD! BAD! BAD!!! MOVE TO FLORIDA!!!! :p :p :p

Viva la winter!!!!
MORE SNOW MORE SNOW!!!! :D :D :D

No,no, noooo,,,,you should move out toward Oswego, NY. I heard a rumor that they get a little snow every year. :eek:

Think Spring
Think Spring
Think Spring
Think Spring
Think Spring

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

becket
02-26-2007, 07:34 PM
No,no, noooo,,,,you should move out toward Oswego, NY. I heard a rumor that they get a little snow every year. :eek:

Think Spring
Think Spring
Think Spring
Think Spring
Think Spring

:D :D :D :D :D :D :DYES! i still agree! :D

tat
02-26-2007, 07:43 PM
It must be spring. Yesterday, I went out kayaking in Kittery Harbor. It was almost too hot! Today, it looked like a blizard was upon us. On the ride home tonight, the Merrimack looked like a pond.

Best thing about spring: SPRING SKIING!!!!!

Team2hunt
02-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Karen and I hiked in the White Mountains last year on April Fool's Weekend. We saw clear skies, rain in downpours, snow, sleet, and ice. We had to use crampons to get back down. If you want to. You can find snow somewhere.

Maine-iac_Mom
02-22-2008, 03:34 PM
One can HOPE! (And pray!) I'm SOOooOOOOO done with winter! The packed snow and ice on my metal roof came rumbling down on Monday. (We couldn't reach most of it to shovel it off during the winter.) I don't have a driveway anymore! Luckily the van and Saab weren't in the Snow-valanche's way! It'll be spring (SUMMER?) before I can use the garage again!

Hiram357
02-22-2008, 03:46 PM
One can HOPE! (And pray!) I'm SOOooOOOOO done with winter! The packed snow and ice on my metal roof came rumbling down on Monday. (We couldn't reach most of it to shovel it off during the winter.) I don't have a driveway anymore! Luckily the van and Saab weren't in the Snow-valanche's way! It'll be spring (SUMMER?) before I can use the garage again!

BAHHH!!! SHUN THE NON BELIEVERS!!! BRING ON THE SNOW!!! :D:D:D

vicbiker
02-22-2008, 06:48 PM
BAHHH!!! SHUN THE NON BELIEVERS!!! BRING ON THE SNOW!!! :D:D:DHiram I wonder how many members are non believers and how many are winter loving believers like us? Maybe your other half (the
smarter half) could conduct a poll?

Hiram357
02-23-2008, 12:12 AM
Hiram I wonder how many members are non believers and how many are winter loving believers like us? Maybe your other half (the
smarter half) could conduct a poll?

Hey I'm smart enough to do a poll!! .... if you love winter raise your hand! if you hate winter, move to florida! :D:D:D

firefighterjake
02-23-2008, 07:45 PM
Holy back from the dead thread . . . I was looking at this thread originally and wondering why I didn't remember writing it . . . until I realized that this was from last year.

For the record, I still love winter . . . and my wife still hates winter . . . but in another few weeks I'll be compromising and going on a cruise . . . I know, I know, it's a sacrifice, but I'm trying to be a good husband and am doing this for my wife. ;):D

Hiram357
02-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Holy back from the dead thread . . . I was looking at this thread originally and wondering why I didn't remember writing it . . . until I realized that this was from last year.

For the record, I still love winter . . . and my wife still hates winter . . . but in another few weeks I'll be compromising and going on a cruise . . . I know, I know, it's a sacrifice, but I'm trying to be a good husband and am doing this for my wife. ;):D

*cough*youregoingsoftandreallygoingonthecruisejust foryoutraitor*cough* :rolleyes::D

firefighterjake
02-25-2008, 08:28 AM
*cough*youregoingsoftandreallygoingonthecruisejust foryoutraitor*cough* :rolleyes::D

Oh no . . . I'm very excited about Tuesday and Wednesday's storm since it's projected to bring in 6-12 inches . . . unfortunately it's a mixed bag storm.

Medawisla
02-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Oh no . . . I'm very excited about Tuesday and Wednesday's storm since it's projected to bring in 6-12 inches . . . unfortunately it's a mixed bag storm.

...but Camping this weekend is going to be AWESOME!!!! :D:D:D

vicbiker
02-26-2008, 09:27 PM
. . . unfortunately it's a mixed bag storm. Head north young man.......we don't allow that mixed bag up here.:rolleyes:

Hiram357
02-26-2008, 11:02 PM
Head north young man.......we don't allow that mixed bag up here.:rolleyes:

what you kids call it nowadays is none of my business!! :p:p;):rolleyes:

firefighterjake
02-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Head north young man.......we don't allow that mixed bag up here.:rolleyes:

How did you guys make out for snow? When I left the house it was still snowing, but once I hit the Dixmont Hills it changed to a mist . . . right now it looks like we did pretty well with 7-8 inches of snow.

Also . . . a reminder to me . . . from the snowmobile trails how do you get to the camping area . . . maybe Rick can clue me in as to how to get there from Newport? If my brother-in-law from CT comes up alone I'll see if I can't convince him to make the ride up north . . . if he comes up with his girlfriend it will be local riding for us since she is a newbie and isn't up to doing long rides.

vicbiker
02-27-2008, 09:02 AM
Geocaching....The use of a GPS unit to find a hidden object....Put in the co-ords and follow the arrow....thats how I get to Unity from here. There is also something called Google Earth.....that even has pictures! You could report a fire at the campsite...then follow the fire trucks. If all else fails ask Rick.:D:D:D:D

Kacky
02-27-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm not going to be able to go, but if anyone wants to record a report, I will use it on the podcast. If you have cell service out there you can record a message at 333-8651, or if you have a recorder (check your Palm device - if you have a Zire it probably has a microphone!) you could do it and then email it to me when you get home. We're always looking for interesting stuff.

vicbiker
02-27-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm not going to be able to go, but if anyone wants to record a report, I will use it on the podcast. If you have cell service out there you can record a message at 333-8651, or if you have a recorder (check your Palm device - if you have a Zire it probably has a microphone!) you could do it and then email it to me when you get home. We're always looking for interesting stuff.Kathy most of us up this way are still communicating by pounding on a hollow tree with a stick .:rolleyes: But I'm sure Tat or Maniac will have the capability to send you something for the Podcast. Wish you could be there to capture all the goings on yourself. Maybe next year.

Hiram357
02-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Kathy most of us up this way are still communicating by pounding on a hollow tree with a stick .:rolleyes: But I'm sure Tat or Maniac will have the capability to send you something for the Podcast. Wish you could be there to capture all the goings on yourself. Maybe next year.

Heh.. yeah the report from someone up that way would sound somethin like this "thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud...thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud...thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud... *CRACK*!!! (get a new stick) thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud...thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud..."

:D:D:D

vicbiker
02-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Heh.. yeah the report from someone up that way would sound somethin like this "thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud...thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud...thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud... *CRACK*!!! (get a new stick) thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud...thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud..."

:D:D:Dthud thud...thud thud thump....thud thud!!!!!