View Full Version : What does it mean??

Mainiac1957
03-06-2007, 03:55 PM
I was just looking at the geocacher rankings in the state. Cacherstats (http://www.cacherstats.com/Maine1.html) I see I am number 11 with 1111 caches found. Weird huh?:confused: I guess it's better than 66th with 666 finds.:eek: I see the race for first has escalated to a new level between Gob-ler and mscrep. WOW!!:eek: We are really getting some big numbers out there. See what happens when I get out of work early. Way to much time on my hands.:rolleyes:

brdad
03-06-2007, 05:12 PM
One thing it means is, it won't be long before you join the other 7 who have over 10,000 caches worldwide. And, you only need 19,200 more to be #1, with 20,311 caches. Better go find some more guardrail dogs. ;)

Gob-ler
03-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Is there any difference between the above and a guardrail rose or roadsign rose? I don't think so.

Those kind Unfortunately those kind of comments do nothing towards building good will. Fortunately I think not everyone feels that way.

Mainiac1957
03-07-2007, 06:48 AM
They all have a purpose. I have done the guardrail dogs and the Roses. I also did a 2 mile showshoe hike last Sunday as well as the winter campout on Saturday. As long as I can go caching, then that is my goal. Get out and get some excercise.

brdad
03-07-2007, 06:59 AM
Is there any difference between the above and a guardrail rose or roadsign rose? I don't think so.

Those kind Unfortunately those kind of comments do nothing towards building good will. Fortunately I think not everyone feels that way.

I can't say as I have not done a rose cache yet. I imagine that they are lower terrain, lower difficulty caches much like the puppies. It appears that is the intention of both according to the cache pages...

My comment meant nothing against these types of caches, it was referencing a type of cache which typically would help one's numbers increase quicker than higher terrain and difficulty caches.

Do I have anything against the types of caches like the puppies or the roses? Not really. I have done several puppies, will find more in the future, and will find some roses. I do however, dislike caches that do not serve any purpose other than to be found. Those can be found in any types of caches, it is not limited to any series or size of cache. What I really like to see are caches that are in line with my Anatomy of a great cache hide (http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1564) article. And judging by the feedback I have gotten from it, it appears others agree with me.

Sorry for interupting your thread, Brad - I thought this might be a fun one...

Team2hunt
03-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Dalmatians and The Rose series, serve a greater purpose than just numbers. Accessibility, for ALL!

Thanks to all of those who have placed a 1/1 hide. :)

Beach Comber
03-07-2007, 11:15 AM
I was just looking at the geocacher rankings in the state. Cacherstats (http://www.cacherstats.com/Maine1.html) I see I am number 11 with 1111 caches found. Weird huh?:confused:

What does it mean?
It means your special!!!

Mainiac1957
03-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Short Bus special. :(

Hiram357
03-07-2007, 04:53 PM

Mom said I only rode the short bus because there were'nt enough seats on the long one.

d’76
03-07-2007, 09:11 PM

Awww, brad rides the short bus. HEHEHEHEHEHE You could swing by the school I could show you kids that ride the short bus. HEHEHEHEHEHE:D