View Full Version : Welcome ten44ten32

Dave and Gail
03-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Welcome to our new member "ten44ten32". I see he is a deputy sheriff, so now we have a bonafide "Cache Cop" on our side. :o Welcome to the game, and don't let the jokes about the magellans bother you. We use a Magellan also, and it finds caches just as well as the other brands. You'll find a lot of "Gaahmin" users around here, and some of them are pretty dedicated. LOL Happy caching,,,"Dave and Gail" and Shamis:)

Hiram357
03-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Welcome to our new member "ten44ten32". I see he is a deputy sheriff, so now we have a bonafide "Cache Cop" on our side. :o Welcome to the game, and don't let the jokes about the magellans bother you. We use a Magellan also, and it finds caches just as well as the other brands. You'll find a lot of "Gaahmin" users around here, and some of them are pretty dedicated. LOL Happy caching,,,"Dave and Gail" and Shamis:)

Ah a cop cacher!!.... umm my name is Dave... :rolleyes:

at first i thought Firefighter jake was doing another puzzle cache, is your name reffering to a ment subject with a gun?

welcome to geocaching (don't trust what Dave says about Magellans, he has a dog that's trained to find caches) :D

al'Thor
03-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I just learned about geocashing and thought it sounded neat. I bought a GPS and joined in. I have only had time to find 2 so far, but I'm hooked. I will be using this site as a resource as I still don't completely know what I am doing.

Yes: 10-44 = mental subject
10-32 = person with a weapon
Didn't you know we're all crazy:p

firefighterjake
03-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I just learned about geocashing and thought it sounded neat. I bought a GPS and joined in. I have only had time to find 2 so far, but I'm hooked. I will be using this site as a resource as I still don't completely know what I am doing.

Well if the truth be told most of us folks don't completely know what we're doing either . . . especially us Magellan users. ;) :D

On a serious note . . . ask away if you have questions. We all started out and believe you me, we all had to learn as we went and we all had questions. I've told this many a time, but I can't tell you how I used to try lining up the latitude and longitude on the GPS instead of using the "go to" feature . . . I looked like some demented person taking two steps foward, three steps to the left, one step backwards, four more steps forward . . . and so on and so forth.

You've got at least one cacher in your area that has put out some good caches . . . unfortunately the last I knew one of my favorite multi-caches at the bridge and fort was OOS.

Incidentally, you don't happen to know Clyde Bernhardt do you? I realize this is probably a stupid question since it seems as though Clyde is known pretty much everywhere in Maine for some reason. :D

Incidentally, the cache Hiram is referring to is my Multi in a Mile . . . and a Half cache in Unity. It features a little bit of every type of cache (micro, regular sized, multi, puzzles, etc.)

Sudonim
03-15-2007, 01:06 PM
I've told this many a time, but I can't tell you how I used to try lining up the latitude and longitude on the GPS instead of using the "go to" feature . . . I looked like some demented person taking two steps foward, three steps to the left, one step backwards, four more steps forward . . . and so on and so forth.

I actually did brdad's "Battleship" cache this way, twostepping my way around Bangor!

firefighterjake
03-15-2007, 01:18 PM
I actually did brdad's "Battleship" cache this way, twostepping my way around Bangor!

See . . . I knew I wasn't the only one doing that when I started!:D

al'Thor
03-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Yes I know who Clyde Bernhardt is, although I do not know him personaly. He used to drive school buses while I was in grade school. All the kids liked him and we thought that we were so funny calling him Mr. Heart Burn.:rolleyes:

firefighterjake
03-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Yes I know who Clyde Bernhardt is, although I do not know him personaly. He used to drive school buses while I was in grade school. All the kids liked him and we thought that we were so funny calling him Mr. Heart Burn.:rolleyes:

I knew it . . . everyone knows Clyde . . . and I mean everyone!!! He's a heckuva nice guy -- met him when he was doing Fire Prevention activities for the Machias FD and a few months ago I ran into him at a bloodrive here in Bangor that he was volunteering at . . . he's just that sort of a guy who gives and gives.

Beach Comber
03-15-2007, 01:49 PM
I knew it . . . everyone knows Clyde . . . and I mean everyone!!!

Sorry - not a clue who he is :eek:

firefighterjake
03-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Sorry - not a clue who he is :eek:

OK, I stand corrected . . . everyone but Beach Comber.

Hiram357
03-15-2007, 02:48 PM
OK, I stand corrected . . . everyone but Beach Comber.

Geeze Judy! Even I know who he is!! he's that guy that Jake was talking about in the forums that gives and gives, and used to drive the bus for ten44ten32, he's a heckuva nice guy! :D

Hiram357
03-15-2007, 02:51 PM

Don't worry, I know you're all crazy! I'm *twitches* the only normal *twitches* person around here!!! :D

Don't worry too much about the numbers I had 2 once, and I still don't completely know what I'm doing either. But that whole conversation will just lead into a philosophical discussion about what our purpose on earth really is... geocaching is much funner. :D ;)

firefighterjake
03-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Geeze Judy! Even I know who he is!! he's that guy that Jake was talking about in the forums that gives and gives, and used to drive the bus for ten44ten32, he's a heckuva nice guy! :D

See Judy . . . Hiram knows who Clyde is! :D

Beach Comber
03-15-2007, 08:06 PM
ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh - HIM!!! NOW I know who you mean! :rolleyes: Though I don't know who he is, I DO like to visit Port Clyde - does that count? hehehe

Hiram357
03-15-2007, 10:17 PM
ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh - HIM!!! NOW I know who you mean! :rolleyes: Though I don't know who he is, I DO like to visit Port Clyde - does that count? hehehe

Isn't Clyde also the guy that programs GSAK????

Mainiac1957
03-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Now I was wondering why so many cachers said they knew Clyde.:p Love that program.:rolleyes:

FuddsGirls
03-16-2007, 06:52 AM
Clyde the bus driver wrote GSAK and has a Port named after him. Didn't you know that most Mainers was related to him somehow?:eek: