View Full Version : Proud to be a Geo-Dad

Team2hunt
03-12-2007, 07:13 PM
On Sunday afternoon 1manteam and I shared a milestone cache. Blue Hill Loo, was his 300th find and I shared in the celebration with my 1400th. It just happened to be the same cache. We had been in Rhode Island completing The Little Rhody DeLorme Challenge, on Saturday. We logged 30+ caches and then the caching run after the Maine Pirate Event. I believe Troy is the youngest person to log a New England DeLorme Challenge at 13.

Congrats to 1manteam!! What a weekend of caching. I couldn't be more proud of my son. :D

becket
03-12-2007, 07:19 PM
congratulations to both of you! what a cool cache to get as your milestones! it's one of my favorites

tat
03-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Wow! Milestones and records!! Congrats to both of you.

Beach Comber
03-12-2007, 07:26 PM
That is a great cache! I stood there for a moment and said to myself...... hmmmmm, should I, or shouldn't I check that out. I bet you shared a laugh too!!

He's a great kid! And you are a great dad!

brdad
03-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Congrats to you both. A well earned accomplishment for 1ManTeam!

Kaching Karen
03-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Wait til he gets behind the wheel of a car. He can take off after school and not work weekends... He'll close that gap, Dad!
Nice job, Troy.

Foxgloves
03-12-2007, 09:07 PM
He's a great kid! And you are a great dad!

Yeah I get that impression too. Its nice that you can do this hobby as a father and son team. It makes it even more special. They grow up fast so don't ever take it for granted.
I wish I could turn the clocks back sometimes...
oh but wait...we just turned them ahead didn't we?
...never mind. :rolleyes:

It also helps to have parent(s) who aren't couch potatoes and love to be in the great outdoors! That is one of the best things in the world you can introduce your kids to.

Congratulations to both of you...

vicbiker
03-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Having only known you guys for a short time, its still easy to see you have a great bond between the two of you.Congrats.Troy!!!Sadie and I want to thank you for all the help at the event,we couldn't have found all the hidden coins without you.

hollora
03-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Great going to a great team! This just proves Geocaching is a wonderful family sport.

Can't wait to see what the summer months may bring - cache on in health and happiness!

Cache Maine
03-13-2007, 06:49 AM
Congratulations you two! Happy Caching!

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
03-13-2007, 07:15 AM
Congratulations!!!!