View Full Version : 2005

Beach Comber
12-28-2004, 05:44 PM
:eek: OK, I will ask the infamous question.....What are your resolutions for 2005?

:o Here is one of mine that I identified today. I was looking through my list of cache activity and noticed that I had claimed the Nestle Trestle as a find. I remember that I didn't actually find the blasted thing because it disappeared before I went to it. Because I had confirmed with a couple of people the exact location of the cache AND there were many pieces of plastic that might have been considered part of a container, I guess I decided (though I don't remember it) that I should be able to call it a find. Understand, I was a VERY green cacher back then - only a few months under my belt and I hadn't yet found Old 470 - that experience has changed my life - hehehehe!. Now I certainly know better and am horrified at my poor judgment. Today I changed it to a DNF.

So, my resolution? To stay on the up and up with my finds and DNF's and to swear under oath that I will whole-heartedly follow the geocachers code of ethics. Actually, my caching resolution for 2005 is to get out as much as possible and to enjoy each experience.

;) Well, and to drink more water, too - LOL.

:p I have a few more resolutions, too, but I will keep those to myself

Hope you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve and Day in store and that 2005 is all that you want it to be!

WhereRWe?
12-28-2004, 06:28 PM
My resolution is to place more caches. I'm thinking of trying to keep a "ready made" cache or two in the car to place when I see a likely spot. I note that there are a lot of "dead zones" as far as caches are concerned, and there is still a LOT of Maine scenery to highlight with the added attraction of a cache.

BUT NO FILM CAN MICROS!!!!! Sheesh!

:rolleyes:

parmachenee
12-29-2004, 10:56 AM
I don't have any particular resolutions...I just keep rolling along, enjoying the company and getting the chance to enjoy another day. :) I have noticed in reading recent caching logs that there are many new cachers with new gps's who have found their first caches since Christmas. I think we should take the opportunity to email these new cachers and encourage them in "our" sport and make them aware of geocachingmaine.org. I can remember my first cache on Christmas Day of 2002 and how excited I was that it "actually worked!" I didn't need further encouragement, but it would be a nice gesture to welcome these new "addicts."