View Full Version : Can't log a cache

DiverDave1998
03-28-2007, 04:28 PM
i found a cache in augusta today and can't log it
its called the moose its at N 44*20.168 W 069*47.985 the log does not show up any more.

Haffy
03-28-2007, 04:46 PM
What's the GC number, that would help? I think you mean Moosetracks.

Sudonim
03-28-2007, 04:52 PM
It is moosetracks. It was temporarily disabled last summer Looks like someone couldn't find it and the owner said they would 'check it out', then people started finding it again. GPSfun disabled it due to lack of response from owner but it's still there. DiverDave1998, I don't think you can log the cache after it has been archived, too bad since it seems like just poor maintenance disabled it. GC772EB BTW

Haffy
03-28-2007, 04:55 PM
I think that is another one to add to Brdad's list that he posted this morning. IF anyone is in the area and could pick it up I'm sure that the Geochicks would appreciate it. All it is now is just geolitter. Thanks for the headsup Dave. So Jen if you read this, you can pick that up or maybe put another container out and ask GPSfun to reinstate it.

Sudonim
03-28-2007, 04:56 PM
If you are trying to find a cache that may be disabled, use the 'cache maps' feature and under the pan-zoom-identify buttons, click on the "list archived/disabled caches" button. All the caches that were EVER in that area will be listed in red with a line through them. Suprising in some areas how many have been placed and vanished for one reason or another.

Haffy
03-28-2007, 05:00 PM
I know it and there are a lot of very nice areas that could use a good cache back where an older one has been archived too.

Cache Maine
03-29-2007, 07:04 AM
If you are trying to find a cache that may be disabled, use the 'cache maps' feature and under the pan-zoom-identify buttons, click on the "list archived/disabled caches" button. All the caches that were EVER in that area will be listed in red with a line through them. Suprising in some areas how many have been placed and vanished for one reason or another.

I never realized you could do this...very cool. Thanks!