View Full Version : Geocaching in Rome, Italy

J_Cyr
03-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Well in two weeks I will be doing some geocaching in Rome, Italy. I thought I would share the news. Has anyone ever been, or yet, cached there? There is one right at the Colosseum I am looking forwards to do... and a few in Venice City I have written down.

http://www.edina.k12.mn.us/cornelia/classrooms/5th/Thomasgard/KarTandon/Images/colosseum-rebuilt.jpg

hollora
03-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Wow - sounds like fun - please journal your adventures for us as you can or when you return. Cache on!

tat
03-28-2007, 10:14 PM
That sounds like a lot more fun than here! Today, I am in Armenia, Colombia. The nearest cache is 40 miles and there is now posible way to get there.

I've been to Italy, but that was before geocaching. If you get a chance to go to the Val d'Aosta, I highly reccomend it! Have fun!

WhereRWe?
03-29-2007, 07:59 AM
I've been to Italy several times, but - like TAT - it was before geocaching. And all I saw of Rome was the airport! LOL!

Going to be any place besides Rome?

J_Cyr
03-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Yep... Vatican City, Aussi, Venice City...

Dave and Gail
03-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Sounds like fun J,,,Hope you enjoy your vacation and have lots of fun. Remember the old saying,,,"When in Rome,,,Do as the Romans do"!!! (Whatever that means?) What do Romans do?? Next week Gail and I are heading to Barbados for 2 weeks and plan on hitting all 6 caches on the island. (Wow!!) Guess that leaves plenty of time for Rum sampling:D Have a good vacation and Happy Caching,,,"Dave and Gail" and Shamis

Sudonim
03-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Next week Gail and I are heading to Barbados for 2 weeks and plan on hitting all 6 caches on the island.

If Barbados has a DeLorme's Challenge, you guys are in!!!

Hiram357
03-30-2007, 07:44 AM
So what's inspiring this trip afar??? bussiness, pleasure, running from the feds...?

(if on the run, I've got a few contacts over there that helped me out back in the 60's after an attempt to take over the breweries in Latrobe and turn them into their own country was foiled by some rotten kids and their dog that lived in a green van... i've said too much already...) :D

d’76
03-30-2007, 07:50 AM
So Hiram,

How old where you exactly in the 60's?? :)

firefighterjake
03-30-2007, 08:05 AM
So Hiram,

How old where you exactly in the 60's?? :)

I was thinking the same thing . . . I'm thinking we're talking about Hiram and his past life when he was a radical hippie or something like that since if you do the math you come out to Hiram being something like negative 15 years old or so.

J_Cyr
03-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks for blowing my cover Hiram! (Feds are after me!)

...My uncle is furthering his studies in Rome. He is a priest. Therefore, I am going on vacation to visit and he will be the tourguide! He's been there four times in the past 5 years (living there)