View Full Version : Paperless Caching????????

robt
04-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Ok, I have been doing paperless for a while now but unfortunatly my old PDA has just about had it. I am looking now at what to go to next.

I do not want to hall my laptop around and buying one of the sony pocket sized laptops is out of the questions.

What PDA do you reccomend and what ones would you avoid?

I am looking for WIFI and some other goodies if I can get them.

Mainiac1957
04-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Palm T/X best in the west(and east too) WiFi and all.

brdad
04-01-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm new to the T|X, but I like it too. Finally got to use it for caching yesterday. Gotta be carefull not to sit on, drop, or otherwise hurt it though!

Haffy
04-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Gotta be carefull not to sit on, drop, or otherwise hurt it though!

For sure... I know cause I learned that the hard way on my first PDA, I slipped and fell on it and ruined the LCD screen. Unless you get a hardcase for it I would suggest a cheapie on Ebay.....:) Thats the way I'll go when the current one decides to fail me.

Team2hunt
04-01-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm new to the T|X, but I like it too. Finally got to use it for caching yesterday. Gotta be carefull not to sit on, drop, or otherwise hurt it though!

Whatever you do! :eek: Don't drop it in the snow. Then you'll have to paint the case yellow and attach a gold plated lanyard to it. :p Thanks Lois!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hiram357
04-01-2007, 08:35 PM
For sure... I know cause I learned that the hard way on my first PDA, I slipped and fell on it and ruined the LCD screen. Unless you get a hardcase for it I would suggest a cheapie on Ebay.....:) Thats the way I'll go when the current one decides to fail me.

that's one thing I love about my TX from staples, it has a 2 year warranty, that covers user stupidity!! (that was the major selling point for me, anything from the buttons falling off to the screen being smashed by an ox that was very angry at you for crossing his field to get to a cache and think that throwing rocks at him would make him turn and run the other way... uhh, well it covers pretty much everything you can do to it) :D

firefighterjake
04-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Just to echo here . . . I really like my Palm T/X since I use many of its functions . . . I'm now nearly paperless with Cachemate (something I never thought I would do), I've used the wi-fi (one time in December for example I was supposed to be going to a church service but instead I skipped down into town and surfed the internet for an hour using the wi-fi), the calendar and lists/memos is something I use on a daily basis and I've loaded up several CDs to the Palm for use while ATVing or snowmobiling.

hollora
04-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Whatever you do! :eek: Don't drop it in the snow. Then you'll have to paint the case yellow and attach a gold plated lanyard to it. :p Thanks Lois!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Doesn't matter what brand - you're right - they do hide when dropped.:o It was fun to customize Team2hunt's unit! Just wished it had been real gold!;) LOL

WhereRWe?
04-02-2007, 05:17 PM
If you want to go a little cheaper than the T/X, I have a Tungsten E2 and really like it. Doesn't have WiFI, though... :D :D

robt
04-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Well after a bunch of research and even hearing some of y'all horror stories I figured out what to get.

Dell Axim x51

Windows mobile 2005
CF GPS Reciever (allready had)
Cachemate
Delorme

So far it is working good after a bunch of research and playing. The only issue I have is that I can not use the realtime GPS Functions. I can get it to read it and set the center point but I can not get it to display sat info or work in real time. any ideas??????