View Full Version : Slipping into Summer III question

attroll
04-04-2007, 01:33 AM
It is getting close to that time of year again where Tink and I need to decide on whether we are going to have the event Slipping into Summer III this year. If we do it again it looks like we will be roasting another pig. I hope everyone liked the pig we had last year. The date we are looking at so far would be 16 June.

I would like some feedback from everyone on this. I know it is a long ways out still but there are several factors to consider when we start planning this.

We need to know how many people will be interested in attending this event and would like to hear inputs from everyone whether we should host this event again. We need to make this decision within the next week or two.

If we are going to hold this event we need a rough idea on how many people are interested in attending the event so we know what size pig to get. Last year we were lucky and the size was just enough to feed everyone.

Mainiac1957
04-04-2007, 06:20 AM
At this time the 16th of June looks fine. As I said when we talked last time. Don't think you have to do the pig to have an event. That is your choice. I would come either way. But hey, that sure was good pig.:rolleyes: I would plan on camping out too if that is still an option. Had a great time the last two years for sure. Up to you and D.

robt
04-04-2007, 07:08 AM
I allways plan on attending this event. It is a blast!!!!! As for the Pig, that is your choice, I will come either way cause a party at your house is allways a blast!!!!!! The 16th is the Trek weekend but it has worked every other year so it is good for me.

Hiram357
04-04-2007, 07:09 AM
count me in! (and stef too..) :)

dí76
04-04-2007, 07:16 AM
Connie and I are only coming if their is PIG!! LOL

Just kidding. As long as I dont have to work we'll be their.:)

Haffy
04-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Yep I'll be around hopefully..

FuddsGirls
04-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Been waiting to see when it would be and we were thinking about tenting it if Fudd can't come. Looks like none of FuddsGirls will make it. The 16th is right in the middle of our area Girl Scout camporee and Team Teebow two & three and I are committed:(

WhereRWe?
04-04-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm pretty sure that at least one of us will be able to attend. Since we missed last year's pig roast, we're looking forward to seeing how good a cook Rick is! LOL!

:D :D

tat
04-04-2007, 08:52 AM
I sure hope you have the event! It's been a lot of fun! It's not about the pig!!

vicbiker
04-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Having missed last years event, I was hoping you would decide to do one this year. Camping sounds good to me also, if it's a option. The pig roast isn't necessary, lobsters and clams would be find.

attroll
04-04-2007, 01:27 PM
The reason we are thinking of doing a pig roast again is because with a pig there is not a lot of standing around over the open grill cooking all day. You do not have to be a slave to the grill. With a pig you start it real early in the morning and don't have do anything until it is done. It is like one of those info commercials. You set it and forget it. I know Donna and I do not want to be slaving over a grill all day. we also do not want to have a bring your own (although anyone can) or a pot luck because that we we will not have to worry about others brining enough food and who is going to bring what.

We can fine tune all this as we get closer. I also wanted to make the announcement so no one else would plan an event for the 16th of June as we do it this weekend every year. So now we need to hope for the same type of weather we had last year.

Hiram357
04-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Having missed last years event, I was hoping you would decide to do one this year. Camping sounds good to me also, if it's a option. The pig roast isn't necessary, lobsters and clams would be find.

You're a genius vic!!! you bring the lobsters, and i'll bring the napkins!! :D

The G Team
04-04-2007, 03:36 PM
I plan to be there--can't say if the rest of the team will be or not (since I plan on camping, likely not). Looking forward to it!

Kaching Karen
04-04-2007, 04:19 PM
This is planning far ahead for me, but it was at the Slipping into Summer event that I met so many people who soon became my friends. It's hard to believe that is a couple of years ago.

hollora
04-04-2007, 04:19 PM
That is the weekend of the Cancer Fund Raiser in Ellsworth (Chaired I believe by Maine's EMSDanel). May try to work in a way to do both. Has sounded like fun in the past and was on my to do list for this year.

Team2hunt
04-04-2007, 06:19 PM
I'll be there no matter what day, time, weather, pig or no pig, camping or no camping. It's where I had my best geocaching find. :rolleyes: Looking forward to the kayak trip on Sunday, wherever we end up.

parmachenee
04-04-2007, 08:54 PM
We enjoyed the event last year and are going to try to return this year.

brdad
04-05-2007, 05:46 AM
We never know if we can make events or not, but we'll do our darndest. The pig was geat, but it'd be fun either way!

team moxiepup
04-07-2007, 09:47 AM
We had a great time last year and hope to make it this year. Moxie had a great time meeting some 4 legged friends :)

Beach Comber
04-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Would definitely plan to attend. The pig is a great idea, but either was is fine. I would hate to think you feel obligated to slave at a grill - I certainly wouldn't expect you (or others) to do that. Having people bring a dish or dessert seemed to work last year - there was lots of food. You are generous to offer your place again. It truly is a perfect place to hold such a gathering - a beautiful spot.

team teebow
04-07-2007, 12:45 PM
:(

Okay, we are very sad. Like Fuddsgirls said that date is right in the middle of the Girl Scout camporee that we are involved in. All of Team Teebow won't be able to make that date.

Any chance of changing the date to the weekend after the 16th?? the 23rd?? Just asking..........................;)

Team Teebow 2

Team2hunt
04-08-2007, 12:02 AM
Who's going to carve the pig? :eek: And what about the Sunday kayak? :cool:

attroll
04-08-2007, 12:41 AM

I know. That was the first thing I thought of team teebow posted that they could not make it. We have had it this weekend for the past three years.

They must have changed the Girl Scout camporee because you were able to attend it last year.

I will have to talk it over with Donna some more.

We also have picked a trip for the kayak event this year. We want to do the Cobbosseecontee Stream trip. This will required us to spot some vehicles at the ending point. We need to do this trip before the water levels drop because there will be shallow spots and the rapids will not be as much fun. Donna and I have done this before and it is a really nice paddle and the rapids are very, very easy.

It is listed in the Delorme Gazetteer. Here is the description for it.

Cobbosseecontee Stream - Map 12, C-4 Cobbosseecontee Lake outlet to Rtes 126 and 9. 8 mi.
Stream meanders through several small ponds: class I-II rapids. Portage one dam: shallow spots at low water.

Mainiac1957
04-08-2007, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't matter to me if you pushed it up a week if it meant more people able to attend. That would allow Hollora, Fudds girls and Team Teebow to name a few. Up to you anyways. Everyone can't always attend every event. :(

The G Team
04-08-2007, 12:22 PM
The week before would actually be more convenient for us, as well, due to the original date coinciding with dance recital (Jen's, not mine :eek: ) and I would have to make an early departure Sunday. But, either way is still fine.

attroll
04-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Tink and I are talking about a week earlier but our only concerns about that is that the weather may be cooler.

firefighterjake
04-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Tink and I are talking about a week earlier but our only concerns about that is that the weather may be cooler.

No worries . . . haven't you heard we're in a state of global warming . . . coming to Litchfield soon -- flamingos and palm trees. ;):D

team teebow
04-09-2007, 11:44 AM

Yah, we cried when we realized the SUnday Kayaking might be out for us too.:(

The Girl Scouts haven't had a camporee in about 2 or 3 years. We wanted a May camporee but some of the committee members are "afraid" of the cold.

No worries . . . haven't you heard we're in a state of global warming . . . coming to Litchfield soon -- flamingos and palm trees. ;):D
When????? Where???? I am sooooooo there!!!! Pina Colada anyone?

Rik - Choose a date that works for you and Tink. There is absolutely no way you can pick a date and expect it to work for everyone. We will miss the fun that's for sure.

Team Teebow 2 (Cheryl)

Hiram357
04-09-2007, 04:25 PM

OH NO!! NOT ANOTHER FLAMINGO!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Foxgloves
04-28-2007, 10:30 AM

This thread has quieted down...:(
Are you still plannng on having it? and sometime in June? I am trying to make it to Maine once a month and planning around such events. I would love to attend this one...

Haffy
04-28-2007, 05:01 PM
This has probably had the most attendance of any Maine event to date as well with well over 100 in attendance last year. Don't miss it!!!

Hiram357
04-28-2007, 05:16 PM
This has probably had the most attendance of any Maine event to date as well with well over 100 in attendance last year. Don't miss it!!!

And I'll hopefully have a decent micro brew by then... :D

Rydnfree
04-28-2007, 06:27 PM
I would love to be there,but I'll be camping,caching and fishing the weekend of the 16th.

with well over 100 in attendance last year. Don't miss it!!!
Hope you have plenty of homebrew Hiram

Hiram357
04-28-2007, 06:51 PM
I would love to be there,but I'll be camping,caching and fishing the weekend of the 16th.

Hope you have plenty of homebrew Hiram

If everyone brings a little of their own craft, we can have a heckuva good time! :D

brdad
04-28-2007, 07:17 PM
And I'll hopefully have a decent micro brew by then... :D

Oh god, don't we have enough dang micros in this state allready?????

attroll
04-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Yes we are going to have this event. We are trying to decide on the date right now. We are fine tuning the details of ordering the pig for the roast and getting a cooker and everything else that goes with it.

We are shooting for June 9-10 but can not post the event yet until we get this all ironed out. I don't dare post a date yet in case we have to change it. it will be in June though I will say that.

FuddsGirls
04-29-2007, 07:25 AM
Man its been a while since we were able to make it to an event with all the things the kids have going on. June 9th and 10th will be penciled in to my calendar even though the date may change.:rolleyes:

team teebow
04-29-2007, 10:26 AM
June 9th works for the Teebow crew. We have it on the calendar. Keep us posted.

Slip N Slide anyone?;)

Team2hunt
04-30-2007, 11:12 AM
We are shooting for June 9-10 but can not post the event yet until we get this all ironed out. I don't dare post a date yet in case we have to change it. it will be in June though I will say that.

Just do it! Post it for the weekend of the 9th and 10th. It won't be as cold as the Winter Campout. We'll just have to build a bigger fire, and drink more of the home brews. Looks like it would be better for all of us. Post it! :D

Team2hunt
04-30-2007, 11:32 AM

It's been awhile since we have seen you at an event. Will you be joining us at Rick's?

Haffy
04-30-2007, 12:20 PM
I hope to be able to go.

team teebow
04-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Remember Global Warming is happening. I predict the weather at Rik's to be flamingo friendly and pina colado, micro brew, slip sliding Hiram ready!!!

Bring it on!!!!

Post, Post, Post!!!:D

Team2hunt
04-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Remember Global Warming is happening. I predict the weather at Rik's to be flamingo friendly and pina colado, micro brew, slip sliding Hiram ready!!!

Bring it on!!!!

Post, Post, Post!!!:D

The whole thing in one sentence. Now that's funny!

team teebow
04-30-2007, 02:03 PM
The whole thing in one sentence. Now that's funny!

Well yah, when you are excited don't you talk fast and all in one sentence because you can't control yourself thinking about how much fun we are all going to have watching Hiram slip and slide and the water balloons hitting the tents instead of the peoples and the kids just having a ball and us adults trying to not make fools of ourselves and the pig, oh can not forget the pig, yumeo, and the food and the fun. I need to breathe.....

Did I mention the fun and the pig and the slip and slide and the caches and the jokes and the water balloons and the pig, did I mention the pig.......

:p:D

Team Teebow 2 (cheryl)

Hiram357
05-02-2007, 02:37 PM
I'll bring my speedos this time!! :D

(don't worry, I don't actually own speedos)

Beach Comber
05-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Oh yippeeeeeeeeeee!! I still laugh every time I think of last year - you are too funny. Between seeing you tip over in your chair AND not spill a drop of your brew while doing so and then there is the waterslide - lol

Hiram357
05-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Oh yippeeeeeeeeeee!! I still laugh every time I think of last year - you are too funny. Between seeing you tip over in your chair AND not spill a drop of your brew while doing so and then there is the waterslide - lol

what can I say, I'm a man of many talents... :cool:

Beach Comber
05-02-2007, 08:02 PM
And it's important ones such as these that really count for sure :D

Team2hunt
05-02-2007, 09:16 PM
I'll never forget the fire at night and playing, Through the good green door. Afterwards Rick had a twist on the theme, but couldn't remember everyone's names and needed help to allow or not! Now that was funny.

Rick I'll be at your house on the 9th and 10th of June, event or not! And I'm bringing about 25 of my closest friends. :rolleyes:

Beach Comber
05-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Very true - the fire was awesome! And playing the game was great green fun!! I can't wait until the event this year - it is a "must not miss event" for sure. I've said it before, but I can't really say it enough - Rick and Donna it is so very generous of you to share your property. It is a fabulous spot and the perfect place for an event. The breeze that rolls up over the hill is awesome!

Hiram357
05-02-2007, 09:40 PM
And I'm bringing about 25 of my closest friends. :rolleyes:

I didn't know you had that many stuffed animals!! :p

Team2hunt
05-03-2007, 09:11 PM
I didn't know you had that many stuffed animals!! :p

They're stuffed? :eek: No wonder they have just been hanging around. I thought they were friendly.

Rick! Never mind!

Foxgloves
05-04-2007, 07:45 PM
So it safe to say I can come to Maine the weekend of June 9th for this event that everyone is raving about? It sounds like a lot of fun....Can't wait!

Team2hunt
05-04-2007, 09:14 PM
So it safe to say I can come to Maine the weekend of June 9th for this event that everyone is raving about? It sounds like a lot of fun....Can't wait!

Bring your tent and kayak. :D And an appetite for fun! :rolleyes:

Hiram357
05-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Bring your tent and kayak. :D And an appetite for fun! :rolleyes:

don't forget about the slip n slide! :D

Team2hunt
05-05-2007, 05:15 AM

Foxgloves is from Vermont. Home of the Green Mountains! Can you imagine the size of their slip-n-slide? That would be awesome! :eek:

Hiram357
05-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Foxgloves is from Vermont. Home of the Green Mountains! Can you imagine the size of their slip-n-slide? That would be awesome! :eek:

Party at foxgloves'!!!!!! :D :D :D

FuddsGirls
05-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Hey after the pig roast, Foxgloves might want to try that Alpine slide down Bromley using Dawn instead of a sled:eek: