View Full Version : It's time for a groundhog hunt!!

Hiram357
04-05-2007, 07:37 AM
Early spring my Guinness!!! :D
I awoke this morning to find a suprise on the top of my service truck!!...

So I'm callin for a groundhog hunt! (not because I want spring, but because he's a lil' liar that got me all depressed because winter was going to end without a good snowstorm!)

:D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/apmcgarvey/SPRINGTIME.jpg

(and I finally figured out that stupid camera... :p )

Mainiac1957
04-05-2007, 07:42 AM
White truck, orange ladder, lots of snow. My boss hasn't even called yet. Snow day for me maybe. WOOO HOOO!!:)

team teebow
04-05-2007, 08:30 AM
I see you know which snow bank your work truck is in BUT do you know which snow bank your GPS and Jeep is in? :):):)

Hiram357
04-05-2007, 08:46 AM
White truck, orange ladder, lots of snow. My boss hasn't even called yet. Snow day for me maybe. WOOO HOOO!!:)

BEER DAY!!!

I see you know which snow bank your work truck is in BUT do you know which snow bank your GPS and Jeep is in? :):):)

Oh sure I know where it is, I put a GPS on it so I can track where my GPS is... :rolleyes:

firefighterjake
04-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Whoo Hoo . . . one more time for the snowmobile . . . I knew there was a reason why I didn't put the cover on it or Stabil in the tank!!!

On the flip side I was planning on doing some geocaching/"card playing" late-afternoon on Sunday and it looks like that will be postponed since I'm more of a fair weather geocacher.

brdad
04-05-2007, 09:51 AM
My boss said I could stay home today. He's a real nice guy. ;)

I think we have gotten more snow this storm than we have all Winter?

Hiram357
04-05-2007, 09:59 AM
My boss said I could stay home today. He's a real nice guy. ;)

I think we have gotten more snow this storm than we have all Winter?

I got a snow day too!! :D

I think we had a couple of storms that would have added up to more than this total, but I think this is the most we had in one falling. :)

becket
04-05-2007, 10:08 AM
forget the groundhog! i want to find the weather person who said there would be only 2" along the coast in hancock county!
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q72/becke02/snow4-5-07031.jpg

Mainiac1957
04-05-2007, 10:08 AM
I too am off:p :p At last look we have 11 inches here. The national weather service is predicting up to an additional 6 today. Holy crap!!!:eek: :eek: It is still falling heavy as of now. I was ready for spring caching on Saturday. Not so much any more.:(

Mainiac1957
04-05-2007, 10:12 AM
forget the groundhog! i want to find the weather person who said there would be only 2" along the coast in hancock county!
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q72/becke02/snow4-5-07031.jpg

No kidding Becke. It looks the same as here.

becket
04-05-2007, 10:17 AM
No kidding Becke. It looks the same as here. i would say that we got at least 14" of snow. i broke my shovel during the last storm, but who wants to shovel snow, anyway!

Hiram357
04-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Three Cheers For Snow!!!! :d :d :d

Mainiac1957
04-05-2007, 12:39 PM
I went to clear out the driveway and measured in an open area. 15 inches here. That's so crazy:eek:

firefighterjake
04-05-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm thinking today would be a good day to take off early from work to get my driveway plowed . . . and then take the ol' Skidoo out for another ride.

Hey Rick . . . or anybody else for that matter . . . anyone interested in riding the sleds tomorrow (Friday). I believe that this is a sign from above that I should take a vacation day tomorrow . . . an Easter miracle if you will . . . and who am I to stand in the way of divine intervention? ;) :D

Hiram357
04-05-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm thinking today would be a good day to take off early from work to get my driveway plowed . . . and then take the ol' Skidoo out for another ride.

Hey Rick . . . or anybody else for that matter . . . anyone interested in riding the sleds tomorrow (Friday). I believe that this is a sign from above that I should take a vacation day tomorrow . . . an Easter miracle if you will . . . and who am I to stand in the way of divine intervention? ;) :D

I want to get a set of tracks for the jeep, then I'll follow you... :rolleyes:

or i could at least get a horn that plays music and sell snowcones from the roof of the jeep... anyone want a lemon one? :D

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/apmcgarvey/JeepRover.jpg

attroll
04-05-2007, 01:35 PM

Jake I sent you an email. I have tomorrow off so far. I don't know about local riding though.

hollora
04-05-2007, 03:27 PM
We got dumped like eveyone else. Quiet, relaxing day watching the birds once we got the feeders cleaned out. Haven't seen this much all winter. So much for hiding my 52 Pick Up cache containers today. http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i188/hollora/101_3862.jpg

tat
04-05-2007, 03:43 PM
... Quiet, relaxing day watching the birds once we got the feeders cleaned out. Haven't seen this much all winter...]

Nice photo!

hollora
04-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks Tat! Taken from the couch with my Kodak Easy Share DX6490 - a camera bought for hubby a few years ago for our anniversary. I use it all the time - he is still using film - could not convert him.

But he dug us out with the snowblower/tractor I bought years ago - so guess I can't complain. Poor robins -we spread feed for them in the driveway.

firefighterjake
04-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Jake I sent you an email. I have tomorrow off so far. I don't know about local riding though.

I sent you a PM . . . missed your phone calls this evening. Call tomorrow morning or PM me with a time/place or phone number to reach you. I'm game to go anywhere . . . I was thinking a ride up into the Western Maine mountains might be worth the trip.

firefighterjake
04-05-2007, 09:51 PM
I want to get a set of tracks for the jeep, then I'll follow you... :rolleyes:

or i could at least get a horn that plays music and sell snowcones from the roof of the jeep... anyone want a lemon one? :D

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/apmcgarvey/JeepRover.jpg

Some clubs actually add tracks to Jeeps like yours to use as a groomer . . . in fact I believe Fairfield uses one or two Jeeps in this fashion. Here in Unity we're just poor, simple folk so we convert older Ford Rangers into groomers.

Hiram357
04-07-2007, 07:38 AM
Some clubs actually add tracks to Jeeps like yours to use as a groomer . . . in fact I believe Fairfield uses one or two Jeeps in this fashion. Here in Unity we're just poor, simple folk so we convert older Ford Rangers into groomers.

How does that work? do they take the wheels off of the ranger and drag it behind the sleds???? :D :D :D

firefighterjake
04-08-2007, 10:01 AM
How does that work? do they take the wheels off of the ranger and drag it behind the sleds???? :D :D :D

I assume you're being funny, but just in case you're not . . . the wheels are taken off and a rigging attached to where the wheel was mounted. The rigging then uses a traditional snowmobile track so that the vehicle (Ranger and Jeep alike) can drive over the snow. They actually work quite well.

Hiram357
04-08-2007, 09:34 PM
I assume you're being funny, but just in case you're not . . . the wheels are taken off and a rigging attached to where the wheel was mounted. The rigging then uses a traditional snowmobile track so that the vehicle (Ranger and Jeep alike) can drive over the snow. They actually work quite well.

(I know I've seen their setups before, but I was making a joke geared more towards just dragging the ranger much like farmers will drag old box spring mattresses behind the tractor to rake out the rocks):D

al'Thor
04-14-2007, 10:02 AM
The groundhog may soon want to go into the witness protection program. Snow yesterday...snowing here now. Very hard on a new cacher.:D Heavey rain SUPPOSED to be coming Monday. Snow vs. Mud: I guess for now I'll take the mud.