View Full Version : Palm TX

Hiram357
04-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Well after having it a few weeks, I decided that a palm isn't for me and I'm going to get another laptop instead. (I came to this realization while using the wirless keyboard (because my handwriting and the Palm don't quite agree on things) That everything I'm doing with the palm would be much easier with a laptop, most of the stuff I do with it is in the word and excel programs. I've used it a few times for caching and realized that I'm still not reading the descriptions and clues anyways, and half the time I leave it in the car only to have to go back and read the cache page (as usual...) So here it is, the bargin of the week...

- The Palm TX (With a hardcase, that has proven a very good investment)
- Wireless keyboard & stand
- USB Bluetooth adapter (Plugs into PC for internet access on your palm)
- 2GB storage card
- Merriam Webster Dictionary & Thesaurus
- Game Essentials (Sim city, Mah Jong, ect...)
- It also has a 2 year warranty through staples

All for just the price I paid for the TX which was $400

firefighterjake
04-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Well after having it a few weeks, I decided that a palm isn't for me and I'm going to get another laptop instead. (I came to this realization while using the wirless keyboard (because my handwriting and the Palm don't quite agree on things) That everything I'm doing with the palm would be much easier with a laptop, most of the stuff I do with it is in the word and excel programs. I've used it a few times for caching and realized that I'm still not reading the descriptions and clues anyways, and half the time I leave it in the car only to have to go back and read the cache page (as usual...) So here it is, the bargin of the week...

- The Palm TX (With a hardcase, that has proven a very good investment)
- Wireless keyboard & stand
- USB Bluetooth adapter (Plugs into PC for internet access on your palm)
- 2GB storage card
- Merriam Webster Dictionary & Thesaurus
- Game Essentials (Sim city, Mah Jong, ect...)
- It also has a 2 year warranty through staples

All for just the price I paid for the TX which was $400

Only been dropped 15 times (and only three of those times was in a river, stream or moving body of water . . . the rest were in mud puddles, tar road and in a snowbank). Sorry Aaron, couldn't help myself. ;) :D

Haffy
04-16-2007, 07:40 PM
That was his Garmin and not the TX, if it had been a Magellan there wouldn't have been anything left.....:eek:

Hiram357
04-16-2007, 08:19 PM
That was his Garmin and not the TX, if it had been a Magellan there wouldn't have been anything left.....:eek:

LOL, and the garmin still works like new!

The TX still works like new, because well, it is new, only by a few weeks. I would just return it, but I no longer have the box or the receipt... :o So I figured I would offer to the caching community first (pretty good deal since all the extra stuff adds up over $100) If no takers after a week I'll just put it on ebay. :D

attroll
04-17-2007, 02:11 AM
For $100 more a person can buy a laptop.

firefighterjake
04-17-2007, 07:41 AM

I realized it was the Garmin that went through Hell and back . . . well a baptismal dunking, hypothermic test and countless drops, but I know Hiram and how easy things seem to fall out of his grasp for some reason.

Now as for the Magellan . . . I can't say as though I've dropped it into a raging river or left it in a snowbank, but I will admit I have dropped it a few times and there have been no issues (I'm kind of a klutz . . . much like Hiram . . . I just try to make sure I have a very, very firm grasp on it or it's placed somewhere secure when I'm crossing railroad trestles. :D ;) )

Hiram357
04-17-2007, 03:37 PM
For $100 more a person can buy a laptop.

But you can't fit the laptop in your pocket! :D

Hiram357
04-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Ever have one of those days when ya just feel ripped off... :rolleyes:

I figured I would post it on ebay... the highest bid on a new TX was just under $300... and yet 3 weeks ago I paid $400 for this one...:o

hollora
04-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Ever have one of those days when ya just feel ripped off... :rolleyes:

I figured I would post it on ebay... the highest bid on a new TX was just under $300... and yet 3 weeks ago I paid $400 for this one...:o

Suppose they would take it back if the dog ate the paperwork and box??:eek:

Hiram357
04-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Suppose they would take it back if the dog ate the paperwork and box??:eek:

lol, I dunno, I'm gunna try and return it with just the warranty stuff...

hollora
04-18-2007, 08:50 AM
Nothing ventured nothing gained I always say! What's the worse they can say = No?

What Staples did you purchase that at? If they take it back I bet is will go in the markdown bin - LOL!

Hiram357
04-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Nothing ventured nothing gained I always say! What's the worse they can say = No?

What Staples did you purchase that at? If they take it back I bet is will go in the markdown bin - LOL!

I got it from the one in d... er... Augusta :D I'll probably get there this weekend so you can keep your eyes open... :p

hollora
04-18-2007, 07:42 PM
LOL and what a time to be headed to the Mt. A clean up - North bound Sunday late.

Hiram357
04-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Hurry Hollora!! get down there! They actually took it back, reimbursed me for the warranty and everything. That "easy" button really works. :D

hollora
04-20-2007, 07:21 AM
Wow - that's great and from one of those "bigger" stores too!

firefighterjake
04-20-2007, 08:22 AM
Wow - that's great and from one of those "bigger" stores too!

You mean those evil "box stores." ;) :D

hollora
04-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Yes, I sure do - some times they are anchor stores LOL