View Full Version : RE: True story

firefighterjake
04-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Today I was driving down (well actually up) a one-way street in front of Bangor's City Hall when a woman in a large van was driving down the one way street . . . I rolled down my window and politely informed her that she was driving the wrong way down a one-way street to which she replied (and I kid you not), "My Tom Tom says to go this way" . . . to which I glibly replied, "Well I'm JJ and JJ says not to go this way." :D

brdad
04-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Just follow the arrow!

d’76
04-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Hey Jake I saw you today over by the airport in the passenger seat of a fire car. I was waving and either you didnt see me or you where ignoring me so that the guy driving wouldnt know that you knew me.:D :D

Hiram357
04-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Today I was driving down (well actually up) a one-way street in front of Bangor's City Hall when a woman in a large van was driving down the one way street . . . I rolled down my window and politely informed her that she was driving the wrong way down a one-way street to which she replied (and I kid you not), "My Tom Tom says to go this way" . . . to which I glibly replied, "Well I'm JJ and JJ says not to go this way." :D

LOL!!! I'd like to see her explain that one to the cops...

TomTom (do not pass) Go (to jail)

I wonder if her car was also equipped with BlondeStar... :rolleyes:

Hiram357
04-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Hey Jake I saw you today over by the airport in the passenger seat of a fire car. I was waving and either you didnt see me or you where ignoring me so that the guy driving wouldnt know that you knew me.:D :D

Speakin of passin in traffic... are you still a driving instructor? I passed a drivers-ed car up by the airport the other day and the guy looked like you... thought about clippin the mirrors but that stupid better judgment thing came into play... :rolleyes:

d’76
04-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Speakin of passin in traffic... are you still a driving instructor? I passed a drivers-ed car up by the airport the other day and the guy looked like you... thought about clippin the mirrors but that stupid better judgment thing came into play... :rolleyes:

Yup still influencing young minds behind the wheel.
Probably I have been driving all week. Spring break. Next week back to the 12 hr. days. This week has been nice only nine hours a day.:D

firefighterjake
04-19-2007, 08:41 PM

Well I was out and about today . . . helped inspect a gas fireplace, Bobo's and then the Home Show . . . I'm pretty oblivious to what folks are doing in a vehicle . . . you could have mooned me and I wouldn't have noticed -- really, I pay more attention to what the vehicle and traffic is doing rather than what the people in the vehicle are doing . . . true story . . . a few years ago I was driving south with my wife and in Massachusetts two women in a car drove my my 4Runner with the Firefighter plates and supposedly one of them flashed me . . . at least that's what my wife tells me since I completely missed the show. :D

Hiram357
04-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Well I was out and about today . . . helped inspect a gas fireplace, Bobo's and then the Home Show . . . I'm pretty oblivious to what folks are doing in a vehicle . . . you could have mooned me and I wouldn't have noticed -- really, I pay more attention to what the vehicle and traffic is doing rather than what the people in the vehicle are doing . . . true story . . . a few years ago I was driving south with my wife and in Massachusetts two women in a car drove my my 4Runner with the Firefighter plates and supposedly one of them flashed me . . . at least that's what my wife tells me since I completely missed the show. :D

... but the evidence on Jakes camera phone tells otherwise. :p :rolleyes: :D

firefighterjake
04-20-2007, 07:49 AM
... but the evidence on Jakes camera phone tells otherwise. :p :rolleyes: :D

No, honestly I missed the entire show . . . and my wife has a cell phone, but it's an old one and we rarely use it . . . in fact I have no idea of what the cell phone number is. I can tell you that my wife didn't miss seeing the show and she was a bit ticked off.

Foxgloves
04-20-2007, 10:55 PM
LOL!!! I'd like to see her explain that one to the cops...

TomTom (do not pass) Go (to jail)

I wonder if her car was also equipped with BlondeStar... :rolleyes:
You guys are so funny!

That is HYSTERICAL! LMAO
I work for the company that supplies the maps for Tom Tom and that street w/o the oneways is definitely a no no. Would you remember the name of that street Jake? And your response to her BTW was perfect!
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/EMSDudette/LAUGHT11.gif

firefighterjake
04-22-2007, 07:47 AM
You guys are so funny!

That is HYSTERICAL! LMAO
I work for the company that supplies the maps for Tom Tom and that street w/o the oneways is definitely a no no. Would you remember the name of that street Jake? And your response to her BTW was perfect!
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/EMSDudette/LAUGHT11.gif

Center St. running up in front of City Hall.

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/gallery/data/507/medium/map.JPG