View Full Version : Maine Cache and Cache Hider Stats

Pages : 1 [2]

brdad
01-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Regarding a challenge cache final hidden behind a store, I think you do have to consider the rest of the challenge being part of the cache. Sure, it would be nice if every cache could be at the base of a waterfall and always sunny, but it doesn't always work that way. When Lee and I logged the Delorme challenge, we got out of my car at Delorme and Team Teebow handed us the logbook - that'd be pretty lame find IMO if the challenge itself was not factored into it.

Personally, I think gc.com did the wrong thing not allowing challenge owners to personally present the finals.

firefighterjake
01-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Regarding a challenge cache final hidden behind a store, I think you do have to consider the rest of the challenge being part of the cache. Sure, it would be nice if every cache could be at the base of a waterfall and always sunny, but it doesn't always work that way. When Lee and I logged the Delorme challenge, we got out of my car at Delorme and Team Teebow handed us the logbook - that'd be pretty lame find IMO if the challenge itself was not factored into it.

Personally, I think gc.com did the wrong thing not allowing challenge owners to personally present the finals.

HehHeh . . . my final cache find for the DeLorme Challenge was made in Maniac1957's kitchen . . . not lame at all . . . of course it would have been better if he had offered Hiram and me a beer at least . . . yeah, yeah I know Brad . . . it was only 7 a.m. but you know Hiram . . . he wouldn't pass up a free beer . . . even at that hour. ;) :)

CARoperPhotography
01-08-2010, 12:24 PM
My point about the Centum Challenge cache was regarding cache placements behind stores, and using proper cache sizes in certain locations.

CARoperPhotography
01-10-2010, 09:17 AM
I just want to share something with all of your naysayers in regards to series of easily found highly concentrated micros like Stud Mill Rd. and The Star Wars Tribute here in Maine. I received this log this morning for one of the caches. You should read it and consider that this kind of cache density means far more than just numbers.... :

ponil found Star Wars Tribute: Han Solo (Traditional Cache) at 1/10/2010

Log Date: 1/10/2010
Where should I begin? I turned 50 this past week and wanted no part of any kind of party, well..... I was surprised when I expected a quiet evening at home, having a few drinks, and having some friends over. Well, they showed up and handed me a piece of paper stating that I had 10 minutes to get ready to go caching! They decided that we would cache all night and cache all night we did! We left the house a few minutes after 8pm, and picked up 2 other cachers! The crew included myself, Preferida, Team Salford, KBallsy and 76-CJ7 (who also turns 50 this week and I attended his party...). The goal was to do 50 caches over night, but of course I had to wear an astronaut costume complete with helmet and visor, as they had chosen all the Star Wars caches up in Maine! We arrived at our exit and we decided to get some coffee, and then start caching! It was a beautiful and very cold night, Team salford drove and announced the temperature everytime it dropped another degree with a low of 1 degree, we were in and out of the car all night long! I wore the astronaut costume complete with helmet and visor for the first 50 caches, the pictures I am sure will be posted. We finished early in the morning and went to a local 24 hour Diner near home for break feast. I arrived home at 7:20AM, with over 130(plus) caches done! I had a great time with great friends and a memory that will last for another 50 years. Thank you my friends for this fun surprise and thank you cache placers for making this possible! This cache was one we found along the way! TFTC, ponil

Visit this log entry at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=5d8744da-7617-46bb-9c2e-bb0a7da09131

WhereRWe?
01-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Sheesh! Was it necessary to post this message THREE times?

:confused::confused::confused:

brdad
01-10-2010, 09:53 AM
You can look at that log several ways. On the 'naysayer' side, it's easy to guess that particular cache in itself wasn't a big deal for the night - the only thing mentioned about it was "This cache was one we found along the way!". On the 'non-naysayer' side, it was another number added to the collection, which was the goal for the night. The cache added value to the evening for the finder. It also shows you can have a good time at what some might consider to be a lesser cache (just as you can have an awful time at a supposedly greater cache). Oftentimes there are outside factors that add to the enjoyment of finding caches, as was the case in this log with having other cachers along for the trip.

However, if I was visiting the area and looking for interesting caches to find, I would pass on a cache if a higher percentage of the logs were like that one. But they were placed so people could find a bunch in a short period, not so anyone would enjoy any particular cache, and nearly all the logs on that cache suggest the cache succeeded in making that goal, so in that respect you have done a good job placing it. And, it's quite clear in your description what the cache's intention is, which I applaud - it makes it easier for those that do or do not want to do the cache to decide. Now if there was just an "Only for the numbers" attribute so they could be easily filtered....

brdad
01-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Sheesh! Was it necessary to post this message THREE times?

:confused::confused::confused:

I have to agree. Cross posting is generally considered bad etiquette.

dubord207
01-10-2010, 05:00 PM
C'mon Dave, the cachers that did the series obviously had a great time....period. It doesn't sound like it was all about the numbers, more about a gathering a friends so why is it necessary to "rate" the caches? You're not going to convince those folks that they didn't have a "great time" so why bother trying? I know you mean no ill-will, but sheesh, enough already. With as many folks enthusiastically writing about the fun they have doing these type of series, it's hard to deny that folks are having fun. To me that's what it's about.

Oh, Di celebrated her birthday with me yesterday and because she wanted to do " a bunch on my birthday" we travelled south and bagged 55 of those caches. We had a blast..laughed all day, froze my feet but we might go back and do some more soon.

Once again, to each his/her own.

As far as the cross posts, a mistake for sure but Chadd's a quick study and I'm sure it won't be a common practice...right Chadd?

brdad
01-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Dan, that's exactly what I said - the log posted clearly shows the finder had fun finding the series and enjoying the time spent with those who accompanied him, which is what it was placed for. That's what he was going for, there is no reason for the finder to rate the individual cache other than to make sure it was designed to be found quickly so he could make his goal of 50. I could be wrong, but if a person posts that his goal is to find 50 caches, it probably is largely about the numbers, and probably he finds getting numbers fun. At least he was being honest about it. I never said they did not or should not have had fun. People can have fun at any cache - you could hide a cache in a pile of manure and it would be enjoyed.... Hmmmm, I need to go plan a cache....

WhereRWe?
01-10-2010, 06:04 PM
People can have fun at any cache - you could hide a cache in a pile of manure and it would be enjoyed.... Hmmmm, I need to go plan a cache....

Someone would enjoy the manure? SHEESH!

http://cgi.ebay.com/FAKE-DOG-POOP-CRAP-TURD-NOVELTY-GAG-PRANK-Geocaching_W0QQitemZ360193755536QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53dd388990

brdad
01-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Someone would enjoy the manure? SHEESH!

http://cgi.ebay.com/FAKE-DOG-POOP-CRAP-TURD-NOVELTY-GAG-PRANK-Geocaching_W0QQitemZ360193755536QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53dd388990

You know me enough to know I am too much of a purist to use the fake stuff!

Ekidokai
01-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Oh dear lord, I think we may have gone a bit off topic.

brdad
01-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Oh dear lord, I think we may have gone a bit off topic.

You could say it's gone down the toilet. Oh boy, another idea coming to me....

WhereRWe?
01-10-2010, 06:43 PM
You could say it's gone down the toilet. Oh boy, another idea coming to me....

A friend of mine here in Solon runs a "porta-potty" business (http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Foss.Enterprises.207-643-2068) if you need any help...

dubord207
01-10-2010, 06:51 PM
See, you guys are now having fun...off topic, off the wall, who gives a poop?;)

WhereRWe?
01-10-2010, 08:10 PM
See, you guys are now having fun...off topic, off the wall, who gives a poop?;)

I've always felt that it was up to the "thread starter" to determine the thread direction. If the "thread starter" has an issue with thread skew, he/she will undoubtedly speak up...

brdad
01-10-2010, 09:23 PM
I've always felt that it was up to the "thread starter" to determine the thread direction. If the "thread starter" has an issue with thread skew, he/she will undoubtedly speak up...

Me, speak up? I can't imagine that happening!

I really like some of the topics that spur from the stats, IMO some of the best reading is right here. I wish some of them would spur off to their own threads. As long as all remains civil, change the subject as you wish!

So if you must go off topic, please do so in a thread like this where it is welcomed.

CARoperPhotography
01-10-2010, 09:24 PM
To Dan, RIGHT-O Danny Boy! If you ask me not to cross post, I won't.... but ONLY if YOU ask me to. I could care less what everyone else says ;-)

dubord207
01-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Ok, Chadd, please, pretty please, don't cross post! The folks that are frequent contributors here, and that includes you now, read most all of the new posts so once is enough.

By the way, Di and I had a grand time doing some of your new caches this past weekend. I signed each and every log too. We didn't see the crazy people that were out all night. What a riot!:)

JustKev
01-11-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm one of those people who reads all the new posts every day, two to three times a day some days. I saw all three posts, read one, read replies on each thread and it didn't take up too much of my time. Still, if too many people do it it might be much less enjoyable to read the posts. That's just my two cents worth.

brdad
01-11-2010, 09:35 PM
It's not a big deal, it's just a discouraged practice. I've done it before myself elsewhere before I realized it was bad form. Kind of like logging an event multiple times for each temporary or pocket cache you find. :p

brdad
01-12-2010, 03:57 PM
This thread took a beating this week! We are getting closer and closer to one million available caches worldwide. Scary!

Stats have been updated!

Maine Cache Stats (http://www.geocachingmaine.org/index.php?page=maine_stats)

CARoperPhotography
01-12-2010, 07:12 PM
I like to give threads a thrashing :-) Hey Brdad, you gonna come down to Kennebunk for my Midway Through Winter! event cache on Feb. 8th?

brdad
01-12-2010, 07:23 PM
I have a hard job making commitments, just ask my wife! We do hope to make the WWWWW and would even like to make it to Karen's event once. Kennebunk - the only problem with that is whenever we get that far south, we are aiming to go further. But you never know, we may be on our way through or have other reason to be there...

brdad
01-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Not much new this week that I can see. One thing that doesn't easily show and is rare in the past few years is that no caches were archived this week.

I am running the beta version of GSAK so if you find any errors I missed let me know. All in all it works pretty good. Now that this version of GSAK supports cache attributes, would anyone like to see any specific stats regarding those?

Speaking of attributes, there are still about 350 Maine caches which are active which are (most likely incorrectly) tagged with the needs maintenance attribute. I discussed that more in this thread (http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4309&highlight=attributes).

Maine Geocaching Stats (http://www.geocachingmaine.org/index.php?page=maine_stats)

CARoperPhotography
01-18-2010, 05:59 PM
From one JK owner to another Brdad....

Mainiac1957
01-18-2010, 08:06 PM
You bought a Jeep? Nice!!:D

brdad
01-18-2010, 08:25 PM
You bought a Jeep? Nice!!:D

I've been trying to figure that out as well. I never thought of a Jeep - I didn't even realize JK was a Jeep model, I was leaning toward Jedi Knight because of all his Star Wars references, but didn't think I owned one.

I used to have a CJ-7. I do miss it in the woods, but not when it was -20 out and the defroster was spewing out moisture that froze to the inside of the windshield faster than Dubord can suck up his 1000th LPC. :D

Hmmm, I wonder who has found the most LPCs, and if that would be something to be proud of....

PS: I do, however, own a CW. :rolleyes:

CARoperPhotography
01-18-2010, 11:31 PM
Sorry! For some reason I thought that was your Yellow JK in some photos on Facebook. Maybe I have names confused. No clue! I guess that was Maniac1957s! Many apologies.....

Mainiac1957
01-19-2010, 07:02 AM
Sorry! For some reason I thought that was your Yellow JK in some photos on Facebook. Maybe I have names confused. No clue! I guess that was Maniac1957s! Many apologies.....

Chadd I see where you got confused....

Brdad=Dave

Brad=Brad

:D:p:cool::rolleyes:

You're not the first one to do that, believe me...

dubord207
01-19-2010, 07:19 AM
Chadd I see where you got confused....

Brdad=Dave

Brad=Brad

:D:p:cool::rolleyes:

You're not the first one to do that, believe me...

Does Dave have an orange jeep too?;) Oh, I hope brdad isn't suggesting that Di and I just do "easy" caches because we do them all. We happen to be among the elite 89 cachers that did Battleship! But if we are the LPC leader I need to know so I can put the on my resume!:D:D

brdad
01-19-2010, 08:05 AM

Heck no, I'd never have a yellow one. Yellow is for older people. :p
And yes, Brad is right. We do get confused a lot. Err, other people confuse us a lot. Err, both statements are true.

If you're suggegsting we have a stat on how many off road caches we have, GSAk can tell you that easily now, as accurately as attributes can, anyway. Currently 187 caches as listed as such.

Does Dave have an orange jeep too?;) Oh, I hope brdad isn't suggesting that Di and I just do "easy" caches because we do them all. We happen to be among the elite 89 cachers that did Battleship! But if we are the LPC leader I need to know so I can put the on my resume!:D:D

Ok... I'm stupified again, why orange?

No, I wasn't suggesting that, but it's very tough to get higher numbers without doing a fair amount of easy ones. Good luck finding anyone's finds that average anywhere near or over a 2/2, including my own.

Even in the pre-micro spew era, my average was hovering just over 2/2. Hmm, that might actually be a neat stat, how the D/T has varied over the years....

brdad
01-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Here's a quick history of changes in D/T for each year placed.

Year........Avg D........Avg T

I am guessing (And hoping!) the real low numbers for 2010 are because it is Winter and not many higher D/T caches get placed this time of year.

dubord207
01-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Heck no, I'd never have a yellow one. Yellow is for older people. :p
And yes, Brad is right. We do get confused a lot. Err, other people confuse us a lot. Err, both statements are true.

If you're suggegsting we have a stat on how many off road caches we have, GSAk can tell you that easily now, as accurately as attributes can, anyway. Currently 187 caches as listed as such.

Ok... I'm stupified again, why orange?

No, I wasn't suggesting that, but it's very tough to get higher numbers without doing a fair amount of easy ones. Good luck finding anyone's finds that average anywhere near or over a 2/2, including my own.

Even in the pre-micro spew era, my average was hovering just over 2/2. Hmm, that might actually be a neat stat, how the D/T has varied over the years....

The "orange" is just what I've called Brad's new Jeep since he got it. I know it's yellow, but heck I didn't know LEO ='s COPS so who knows what I'll get wrong next!

I know some cachers have their GSAK stats attached to their geo.com profile. If I knew how to do that, then I could bare my geocaching soul to the universe! Is there an article on how to do that Dave?

CARoperPhotography
01-19-2010, 06:33 PM
Speaking of "off road" caches.... no one seems to be active in the Off Roading Forum. Too bad.... I'd bet that my percentage of off road caches that I have actually driven right up to, is rather high.... wanna see my rig? ha ha

brdad
01-19-2010, 06:36 PM
I know some cachers have their GSAK stats attached to their geo.com profile. If I knew how to do that, then I could bare my geocaching soul to the universe! Is there an article on how to do that Dave?

You may be surprised, but I have the stats on my profile (http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?u=brdad) as well. It's not about the numbers, it's about the stats! Actually I play with the Find Stats macro to figure out how to do things when people ask... Take a look, I have most every feature enabled as well as some extra maps many don't add. Pay no attention to the hacked find count. :p

Running the stats is pretty straightforward and after it runs it opens the data in your web browser and also copies the entire HTML to the Window's clipboard so you can just paste it into your profile. I have thought about writing an article, but Lignumaqua has a great help article already made up for it at http://gsak.net/stats/help/options.html, as well as a detailed FAQ page (http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=5037).

If you want to, go ahead and install the macro and try it out, I will try and assist you from there. Might be worthy of it's own thread, others may be interested as well.

dubord207
01-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Thanks Dave, I managed to get all of that downloaded onto my profile at geo.com. Jim Stacey also helped walk me through it. So it's there, not sure what it means, but I didn't see anything about measuring all the fun I've had, but that would be a 99% plus factor. I'll see what you think and whether I'm truly the LPC king!:)

brdad
01-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Well, I tell you what. You find a few friends and go out and waypoint every light pole in Maine, and I'll make an article of caches near each of them!

Stats look good, now you just gotta add in the sections for elevation, the stats on your placed caches, and some cool maps. ;)

And you're right, just like the Maine stats can't tell if a cache is lame or good or if you'll have fun at them, your stats won't show how much fun you had or how hard or easy a job it was to find any one of them. Only you know that.

brdad
02-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Somebody mentioned to me or posted that there are caches in every Delorme Map grid now, but my stats don't show that. I guess I'll have to check into that....

Maine Geocaching Stats (http://www.geocachingmaine.org/index.php?page=maine_stats)

brdad
02-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Stats are correct now. They were correct before, but my FTP code needed some adjusting. ;)

brdad
03-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Stats updated. In case no one noticed, we have passed one million active caches worldwide.

TeamHorwich
03-15-2010, 07:36 PM
thanks for the update - I wish someone had said something sooner ; )

brdad
04-12-2010, 05:42 PM
We have passed 1500 archived caches. That's more caches archived state wide than many cachers have found, including myself!

And there are 13 caches which are waiting for FTF that were placed over 100 days ago - Why aren't the FTF hounds going after an FTF to be really proud of?

brdad
05-05-2010, 05:57 AM
Stats have been updated!

brdad
06-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Had to do some editing of the macro to work with GSAK's officially semi-integrated elevation data. Took 3 tries, think I have it right now. :)

brdad
06-05-2010, 02:02 AM
OK, make that 4 tries. I just realized there was 10 meter or in some cases 3 meter elevation data available via macro as opposed to the 90 meter elevation data I had been using. This makes the numbers much more accurate and appears to have greatly improved the lower end of the scale - the caches near sea level. TeamHorwich previously showed two caches at -19 feet using 90m data, they now show 4.2 and 8.6 feet, which has to be more reasonable.

TeamHorwich
06-05-2010, 05:39 AM
maybe caught a mistake...wasn't the first whereigo in Maine, "Portland Freedom Trail (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=ba0f7fb4-5ef9-4a21-9a00-dd6774576eef) by kayakerinme (GC1A9Y0)?"

TeamHorwich
06-05-2010, 05:43 AM
and the Cache Placer Stats look off too...
Cache Placer Stats (Includes all published Maine caches including archiveds)
Top Ten cache hiders:
SeriousTool has hidden 220 caches
Ekidokai has hidden 192 caches
Northwoods Explorer has hidden 184 caches
Mapachi has hidden 157 caches
LaughingTerry has hidden 141 caches
Katadin Goddess has hidden 133 caches
MARTES has hidden 119 caches
TeamHorwich has hidden 112 caches
lexmano has hidden 96 caches
iampaw has hidden 81 caches

brdad
06-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Good catch, TH. I think I had a filter set which excluded some caches, am re-running them now and hoping that was it. that's what happens when you mix an 2 AM Alka-Seltzer break with a coding session. :)

brdad
06-05-2010, 09:36 AM
That did the trick, all is right in the world now! Thanks again for catching that.

TeamHorwich
06-05-2010, 06:04 PM
no problem - sorry to throw the numbers off again so quickly by having 6 more caches published today ; )

CARoperPhotography
06-05-2010, 06:06 PM
and the Cache Placer Stats look off too...
Cache Placer Stats (Includes all published Maine caches including archiveds)
Top Ten cache hiders:
SeriousTool has hidden 220 caches
Ekidokai has hidden 192 caches
Northwoods Explorer has hidden 184 caches
Mapachi has hidden 157 caches
LaughingTerry has hidden 141 caches
Katadin Goddess has hidden 133 caches
MARTES has hidden 119 caches
TeamHorwich has hidden 112 caches
lexmano has hidden 96 caches
iampaw has hidden 81 caches

Arrrrgggghhh.... Brdad trying to screw me over again! :eek:

WhereRWe?
06-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Arrrrgggghhh.... Brdad trying to screw me over again! :eek:

No, I don't think so...

brdad
07-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Stats have been updated! The numbers are of by one actually, because I forgot to remove the 50 State Traveler (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=34b0fa16-df55-48cd-9bad-8c20cf76332b) (GC4241) by Crusso (http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?id=25380) (1/1.5) from the database since it's not really a Maine cache.

brdad
07-31-2010, 04:21 PM
Stats have been updated!

brdad
08-20-2010, 07:41 AM
I'm heading out the door on a caching trip and don't have time to run stats, but upon updating my database I see Maine has crossed the 8000 caches published mark this week!

brdad
08-27-2010, 08:33 AM
I'm sure it is debatable whether it's a good thing or not, but there have been more caches archived this week then any other week I am aware of. Even without the Star Wars caches being archived I am confident it is a record. There were 54 caches besides the 105 Star Wars caches archived, making for a total of 159 archived this week. This event also made this one of the few weeks in caching history when we have less caches available than the week before. Last week there were 6321 caches available, this week there are 6216.
I think there are still plenty to do, however... :p

brdad
08-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Updated and ran the stats again after being informed I skipped some caches archived a few weeks back. Thanks to Sabby!

WhereRWe?
08-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Updated and ran the stats again after being informed I skipped some caches archived a few weeks back. Thanks to Sabby!

Sheesh! Sloppy work, Dave! :p:p

brdad
08-27-2010, 07:50 PM

Really, it's not like I've had anything else on my plate lately!

It's actually nice to see my errors getting noticed, it means people are looking closely enough to the stats to see them!

Sabby
08-27-2010, 10:07 PM

All in all brdad does a GREAT job in putting the stats together and is entitled to overlook a small detail once in a while.

samurai0tx
08-31-2010, 07:14 AM
Nice Job! My wife works on Databases so I know its a lot of work.

brdad
08-31-2010, 07:28 AM
Nice Job! My wife works on Databases so I know its a lot of work.

Yeah, but I work on houses! It's like sending a backhoe operator to do surgery!

Thanks and welcome to the site.

brdad
10-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Stats have been updated!

brdad
01-14-2011, 08:29 AM
I've been slacking but we are up to date now. A lot of archivals lately!

MIKE, YOU CAN JUST CLICK THE LINK RIGHT ABOVE THESE WORDS! IT IS UNDERLINED! ACTUALLY, YOU CAN CLICK THESE WORDS TOO. JUST CLICK ANYWHERE! (http://www.geocachingmaine.org/index.php?page=maine_stats)

Ekidokai
01-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Where is the link?

brdad
01-14-2011, 05:50 PM
I have edited my previous post to comply with the Mikes with disabilities act. :D

WhereRWe?
01-14-2011, 07:18 PM
I have edited my previous post to comply with the Mikes with disabilities act. :D

Sheesh! Have we actually progressed to this? LOL!

Mainiac1957
01-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Don't you mean regressed?

Ekidokai
01-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Good lord! Why is everybody always picking on me?

TeamHorwich
01-15-2011, 12:34 PM
some of the stats are not updated...SeriousTool has long since passed me with the number of hides he has (387 to my 318)

brdad
01-16-2011, 10:30 PM
some of the stats are not updated...SeriousTool has long since passed me with the number of hides he has (387 to my 318)

Thanks, I knew there was an issue with ST's account as some were placed under "Serious Tool™" so the macro counted those under a separate owner. It should be fixed now.

I'd still like to compare databases some day, I know I am missing some data. There is newer macro to share this data without violating gc.com's terms of use. When I get a chance to look at it and see how it works, I'll send you a note.

cano
01-16-2011, 11:37 PM
There is newer macro to share this data without violating gc.com's terms of use. When I get a chance to look at it and see how it works, I'll send you a note.

What is excluded from the data set to comply with GC terms?

brdad
04-22-2011, 04:23 PM
What is excluded from the data set to comply with GC terms?

I think it just puts out a text file of GC numbers.

brdad
04-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Lot of caches archived over the past few weeks. We have crossed 8900 caches placed however, 1100 more to 10,000!

Maine-caching-statistics (http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/content.php?2-Maine-caching-statistics)

masterson of the universe
04-25-2011, 06:35 PM
When you say 8900, you mean active and archived, correct? When I run my PQ's for the whole state, I am showing shy of 7000 caches.

brdad
04-25-2011, 06:41 PM
When you say 8900, you mean active and archived, correct? When I run my PQ's for the whole state, I am showing shy of 7000 caches.

Correct, that's approximately the number of caches that have ever been approved in he State at the time I ran my macro.

Number of caches published: 8903
Number of caches available: 6527
Number of caches archived: 2376