View Full Version : 2007 Maine Geocoin

Sudonim
05-02-2007, 06:21 PM
After some talking back and forth with various members, I think we have a possible coin design. This would be a trackable coin with the same size and same front as the last one, but representing Katahdin on the back. The Paul Bunyan statue will be in 3D, but may not have red in it. Let me know what you think. (OK, constructive stuff, coin only, don't let me REALLY know what you think!)

...Well, after spending an hour trying to upload this picture, I'll PM Rick and see if we can get it loaded, I tried jpg, jpeg, gif, "save for web" option in Photoshop, no luck. When I upload, it keeps saying "This is not a valid image file":confused:

Sudonim
05-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Odd, I was able to upload the picture into my personal gallery. It's labeled "blue border coin". I'll try to figure out how to get it to this thread, but it's on the site.

brdad
05-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Very cool to see this is moving along.

There is something funny with uploading images. I still can't change my avatar - I get the same "invalid file format" error you're getting.

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/gallery/data/2/medium/BlueBorderCoin.jpg

Sudonim
05-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks Dave. :p

Haffy
05-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Hmmmmm, that Paul Bunyan figure sure looks familiar, now where have I seen that character before? :rolleyes:

Hiram357
05-02-2007, 07:10 PM
lol, and it looks like his cant dog is stuck on a shiny log... :D

I think the coin looks pretty cool! whats on the other side?

Sudonim
05-02-2007, 07:13 PM

This is a one sided coin to save money.

pause...pause...

OK, the front is the same as the '05 coin.

brdad
05-02-2007, 07:14 PM
lol, and it looks like his cant dog is stuck on a shiny log... :D

That's not a cant dog, it's a peavy!. Speaking of which, is there room to print "Hands off my peavy" on the coin? :p

brdad
05-02-2007, 07:21 PM
This is the 2005 coin:

http://talphotography.com/Coins/0001A.jpg

Haffy
05-02-2007, 07:28 PM
It would look really nice if we could have the same outer blue ring border like the other side has with the gold lettering. It really stands out nice. The first coin was really hard to see the lettering. Just my thoughts. And one other thing, it is Maine North Woods or Maine Northern Woods or Northern Maine woods?......

Sudonim
05-02-2007, 07:30 PM
I like the colored ring idea too. As to the final wording, what do people want???

Sudonim
05-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Just to clarify, the metal is antiqued bronze this year, so the front will be a bronze color too, but I still think a colored ring would look good.

Haffy
05-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Got any samples of what the antique bronze looks like?

Sudonim
05-02-2007, 07:42 PM

I think I have a pic of a sample coin at home. Still at work now, but I'll look when I get home. (slavedrivingbosskeepingmeherelate mutter mutter)

brdad
05-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Didn't we vote or discuss the Northern Maine vs. Maine Northern a while back? I like the sound of Northern Maine better, but Maine Northern seems to more clearly say what the picture represents. Northern Maine makes it sound more like it's a coin for Northern Maine.

Dave and Gail
05-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Hey Andy,,,is the picture on the coin one of the pics I sent you?? That woud be cool if it was, I would be honored!!! If not ,,it is a nice design and cant wait to get some of the coins. When do you speculate the coins may be available??

Sudonim
05-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Hey Andy,,,is the picture on the coin one of the pics I sent you?? That woud be cool if it was, I would be honored!!! If not ,,it is a nice design and cant wait to get some of the coins. When do you speculate the coins may be available??

Dave, thanks for sending me those pics, they are nice, but this one is from Rick.
I need to finalize the price with Coins & Pins and make sure this is the design (most) everyone wants, then I'll open up the ordering.

Haffy
05-02-2007, 07:59 PM
I think the correct way of saying it would be North Maine Woods. That is kind of what we are representing on this coin this time out versus the coast of Maine which our first coin depicted.

Cache Maine
05-02-2007, 08:08 PM
"North Maine Woods" is a registered non profit corporation.

Mainiac1957
05-02-2007, 08:10 PM
I think the correct way of saying it would be North Maine Woods. That is kind of what we are representing on this coin this time out versus the coast of Maine which our first coin depicted.

I agree on this too. North Maine Woods is how it is represented at the gates, as well as on the web http://www.northmainewoods.org

Hiram357
05-02-2007, 08:12 PM
That's not a cant dog, it's a peavy!. Speaking of which, is there room to print "Hands off my peavy" on the coin? :p

i thought they were one in the same??? :confused:

I never wanted to be a lumberjack anyways...
I wanted to be; a FLORALIST!!! (and everyone break into a round of monty python!) :D

brdad
05-02-2007, 08:17 PM
i thought they were one in the same??? :confused:

I never wanted to be a lumberjack anyways...
I wanted to be; a FLORALIST!!! (and everyone break into a round of monty python!) :D

They are similar, but a cant dog has a blunt end and a peavey has a pointed end.

Sudonim
05-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Careful, phrases like "hands off my peavy" will get the site blocked at some schools :mad:

FuddsGirls
05-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Careful, phrases like "hands off my peavy" will get the site blocked at some schools :mad:
HMMMMM if only you all knew me better. There are so many responses to that. I'll ....... ahhh don't say it!

hollora
05-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Northern Maine - a Caching Adventure???????

Hiram357
05-02-2007, 09:39 PM
They are similar, but a cant dog has a blunt end and a peavey has a pointed end.

I'll make a note of that... :rolleyes:

what if we said "please"?

Haffy
05-02-2007, 09:41 PM

I kind of like that Lois.

Beach Comber
05-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Northern Maine - a Caching Adventure

That is awesome!

brdad
05-02-2007, 09:48 PM

I like it, too, but I'm not sure there is room for it all?

attroll
05-03-2007, 12:43 AM
Looks good to me, but I may be a little bias.

Oh. Thank you for pointing out the problem with adding attachments to the post. I just got done fixing that. It should work now.

attroll
05-03-2007, 03:33 AM

If this is non profit organization as Cameo pointed out then I would not want to use that saying. People may think we are part of it.

I agree on this too. North Maine Woods is how it is represented at the gates, as well as on the web http://www.northmainewoods.org

The coin is not to represent the North Maine Woods as in the web site North Maine Woods. The gate your referring to does not cover all of the North Maine Woods. That is the name for a Multiple Use Management Area and not the whole North Maine Woods of Maine, so I say that is another reason not to use that name.

Here is my thought on this.

I was under the impression that each year or every two years or how ever often we decide to do a coin that the coin would be different each time. For example we could choose different parts of the state to be represented on the coin. One year we could do the Coast and another year we could do farming and so on and so forth.

So my idea would be to call it “Northern Maine Woods” seeing that is the part of the state that the coin is representing.

Also if you think about it when referring to different parts of the state of Maine you use the following sayings, Northern Maine, Southern Maine, Western Maine, and Eastern Maine. It would not sound right to use these sayings, North Maine, South Maine, West Maine, and East Maine. So I say use “Northern Maine Woods”.

That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

Here is the definition of “Northern” from the dictionary.
1. lying toward or situated in the north.
2. directed or proceeding northward.
3. a person living in a northern region or country.

FuddsGirls
05-03-2007, 07:18 AM
Well OK then.:cool:

tat
05-03-2007, 08:11 AM
I'll buy 20!

Cache Maine
05-03-2007, 09:11 AM
Put me down for a dozen! LOL

In my fortune cookie: GC Maine traffic will increase in the near future.

Sudonim
05-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Haffy, here is a pic of the coin we did on the left, antique bronze in the middle and gold on the right. The middle one shows more detail as it is less shiny.

tat
05-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Brad and I both like the middle one.

hollora
05-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Anitque bronze is nice. Looks classy.

FuddsGirls
05-19-2007, 06:56 AM
Brad and I both like the middle one.
ditto.....

WhereRWe?
05-19-2007, 07:19 AM
ditto.....

At the risk of sounding like a Rush Limbaugh fan, I'll say "dittos" as well! LOL!

brdad
05-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Cudos for all the dittos!

d’76
05-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Cudos for all the dittos!

Ditto :) :D

Macmo
05-19-2007, 09:37 PM
I have been thinking of making up a coin with the new Penobscot Narrows Bridge on it.

Anyone else thought along those lines?

Cache Maine
05-19-2007, 10:11 PM
I think the unique shaped coins are much more popular than a regular round coin. They are highly sought after, especially if it represents something of interest.

hide_from_the_kids
05-28-2007, 11:09 PM
I love the irregular shaped coins . . . much more interesting!

Sudonim
06-22-2007, 12:52 AM
OK, here are the coin updates. Finally got a price.
For a 1.5" diameter coin with 8 soft enamel colors, polished finish, laser etching for tracking numbers, 3-D die we are looking at $5.10 per coin. I'm still working out mailing costs, they changed from the last coin. These coins will have an icon and be trackable.
Questions:
-What do we want for an icon? Outline of the state of Maine? I would like the design on the website, Maine quartered with the Geocaching colors, but I think I read on the forums that GC won't approve a logo with their color scheme, though I might be wrong.
-I noticed that Coins&Pins put www.geocaching.com on the bottom of the coin. Last coin said geocachingmaine.org, which I like better. Input?
-I like the idea of "Northern Maine - a Caching Adventure", avoids the topic of a copywrited company name of the same( Northern Maine), but I'm not sure if it will fit.
-There have been a couple of people suggest a 'shaped' coin instead of round. How do people feel about this. If we use the round one, we already have the front die made and the cost will be lower, but the shaped ones can look pretty cool.
-Anything I've left out? I should have mailing costs done by the start of next week and I'd like to put something out for order if we can agree on the coin.
Comments?

attroll
06-22-2007, 01:47 AM
I would like to see Maine quartered with the Geocaching colors for an icon. If you could research that more, because I think that would be the best choice.

I noticed that Coins&Pins put www.geocaching.com (http://www.geocaching.com/) on the bottom of the coin. Last coin said geocachingmaine.org, which I like better.

I think that since we are tracking it now that we should have the www.geocaching.com (http://www.geocaching.com/) on the coin on the tracking side (backside). We already have GeocachingMaine.org on the front of the coin, so I thin the web site that people go to to track it should be on the back side with the tracking number.

There have been a couple of people suggest a 'shaped' coin instead of round. How do people feel about this. If we use the round one, we already have the front die made and the cost will be lower, but the shaped ones can look pretty cool.

I say stick with the round coin. This way all we have to do each time we create a new one is design a new back.

One other think I did notice is that Tess put the year on the back of the coin. I know we have a spot on the front of the coin where we had the year put last time we had a coin done. Are we going to remove that from the front now and start putting it on the back from now on? The next coin we design may not have room to put the year on the back depending on the design. I think we should stick with the year on the front of the coin like we did the last one to make it more uniform. What do others think on this?

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/gallery/data/2/medium/BlueBorderCoin.jpg

brdad
06-22-2007, 05:11 AM
Groundspeak's Current Coin Tracking Policy, Coin Tracking Requirements (http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=116641)

I'd like to stick to our colors for the icon, but gc.com can verify if that is ok. From what I read in that link, they just don't want a modified version of their logo.
I think a shaped coin might be a great idea for another year, but it's almost July, let's have a 2007 coin in 2007. ;)

Mainiac1957
06-22-2007, 05:55 AM
I am saying Ditto to all of Rick's comments. I also am in favor of the GC Maine logo as the icon. If it is allowed.

d’76
06-22-2007, 06:58 AM
Ditto to Rick and Brad

tat
06-22-2007, 07:18 AM
...they just don't want a modified version of their logo.

I talked to GPSfun and he thought our logo would be OK. That was quite a while ago though.

Haffy
06-22-2007, 10:01 AM
If you sell it they will come........All is good with me. Also once the design is all set I would suggest just a blurb and photo on the coin thread at GC.com because it is trackable there and more coins will be sold.

Sudonim
06-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Here is a sample logo for the tracking icon. The smaller one is 16x16, large is 32x32 pixels. The large is what's used on the stats page. What do you think?
Rick, I THINK you made this logo, is it cool with you to use?

brdad
06-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Looks fine to me, but... maybe it's one of those optical illusions, but the 16 pixel image does not look half as high as the 32 pixel one - it looks even smaller.

Hiram357
06-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Looks fine to me, but... maybe it's one of those optical illusions, but the 16 pixel image does not look half as high as the 32 pixel one - it looks even smaller.

i think that there's a possibility of a choking hazzard... you may want to rethink this... :rolleyes:

tat
06-26-2007, 09:31 PM
I like both. They even look for good on a cell phone.

attroll
06-27-2007, 12:44 AM
Here is a sample logo for the tracking icon. The smaller one is 16x16, large is 32x32 pixels. The large is what's used on the stats page. What do you think?
Rick, I THINK you made this logo, is it cool with you to use?
Yes I made it but I am not worried about anyone using it as long as it is used to represent GeocachingMaine and in good taste. So go for it.

d’76
07-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Hey Andy,

Any updates lately???

Sudonim
07-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Got the price nailed down, but have to go to the post office tomorrow to get the postage prices. I was on the old spreadsheet last night and can't remember which rate I used the last time. I should have a final "is this what everybody wants, for this price" by mid-week and (hopefully) start taking orders by weekend/start of next week. If people don't need shipping, we are looking at $5.50/coin with tracking and icon. I just need to get the final numbers for shipping.

hollora
07-16-2007, 11:03 PM
Got the price nailed down, but have to go to the post office tomorrow to get the postage prices.

Hey, I don't run to the post office - got a scale? Use the USPS.com web site. I am always spot on to what they charge. Put it in the package, weigh it up, plug everything in with zips across the country or world and away you go.

Folks expect to pay for packaging and handling too - don't short yourself. That is only fair.

Any coin for $5.50 with icon and tracking is a great price!

Sudonim
07-16-2007, 11:14 PM
I went to the USPS site, but there was some reason last time why I packed peanuts in the envelope making it over 1/4" thick. I think I got a better rate, but I'll find out tomorrow. I know that with my account, I can get free delivery confirmation when I print my postage online (and it makes it a lot easier not filling out the confirmation tags and waiting in line at the post office) but with lots of envelopes going out I want to make sure the quote is correct. Hate to give a price, collect the money and find out that I'm short on shipping.

attroll
07-17-2007, 12:07 AM
I do all my shipping online too through USPS (http://www.usps.com/) with my shirts I sell on my web sites. It is cheaper. You can print the paid mailing labels and gets them insured if you want and they come to your house to picked them up.

Sudonim
07-17-2007, 10:57 PM
I went to the USPS site, but there was some reason last time why I packed peanuts in the envelope making it over 1/4" thick. I think I got a better rate, but I'll find out tomorrow. I know that with my account, I can get free delivery confirmation when I print my postage online (and it makes it a lot easier not filling out the confirmation tags and waiting in line at the post office) but with lots of envelopes going out I want to make sure the quote is correct. Hate to give a price, collect the money and find out that I'm short on shipping.
Now I remember why I had to pack the stupid styrofoam in the envelopes. You can only get delivery confirmation if it's a "package" and has to be over 3/4".
Looks like coin prices are going to be:
1. Picked up locally (Bangor) or other non-mailing plans $5.50/coin
2. Mailed in the U.S. $5.75/coin + $2.75 shipping for the order (regardless of coin quantity)
3. International, email me :) (I think last time it was around $5.00, may have gone up a buck)

Sudonim
07-17-2007, 11:20 PM
OK, just to recap the story so far....
the coin is 1.5" diameter, trackable on GC.com (and has an icon of the state of Maine with the GC colors in it, Tess@coins&pins says that GC approves of our use of their colors on the icon)
The metal is antiqued bronze and the front of the coin is the same as the 2005 model. (Says "GeocachingMaine.org" on the top and "The Way Caching Should Be" on the bottom).
-->One thing to decide on...In the center of the front is an outline of Maine with the serial number of the coin on it ('05 model) Our design for this year has the year and tracking numbers on the back. Do we want to move the the year to the front? Not sure if we have room to put the tracking on the front in the old spot.
The phrase on the back for this year. People seem to have settled on "Northern Maine - a Caching Adventure" but not sure if there's room. On the '05 coin we had "MAINE'S FIRST GEOCACHE" on the top of the coin, and "GC128 - Fort Williams Cache" on the bottom. Seems like we have plenty of room for the new phrase.
If this all sounds good, I'll have Tess do up a final image and post it. What do you think???

attroll
07-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Here are my thoughts.

Since we have the raised square spot on the front of the coin I think we should continue to put the year in that spot and keep it uniform with last years. The other things is, if we do not put the year in the spot on the front then it will be a raised spot with nothing on it and it will look kind of funny.

I say keep the year on the front and put the tracking number on the back.

tat
07-18-2007, 08:08 AM
I like the year on front and tracking number on back.

Can't wait to get them!

hollora
07-18-2007, 09:17 AM
I like the year on front and tracking number on back.

Can't wait to get them!

Ditto! Put them into the hopper.

Sudonim
07-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Here are my thoughts.

Since we have the raised square spot on the front of the coin I think we should continue to put the year in that spot and keep it uniform with last years. The other things is, if we do not put the year in the spot on the front then it will be a raised spot with nothing on it and it will look kind of funny.

I say keep the year on the front and put the tracking number on the back.

On the '05 coin, the date was actually on the back and the serial number was on the front, but you make a good point about the raised spot on the front. I think moving the date to that spot on the front would be a good idea. I have a message in at C&P for Tess to call me. I want to get a picture from them with all the stuff in the recap to put out for comments.

Zoltarus
07-24-2007, 11:48 PM
I am leaving for a trip to the origonal stash in september, would love to have one to put in the mother of all caches . . . :)

Sudonim
07-25-2007, 10:27 AM
My goal is to have these all mailed out before 15 September, if I can get the image from C&P to post for everyone's approval.

kayaking loon
07-31-2007, 09:44 AM
OK, I'm new, I'm confused. Do we buy these from Coins and Pins or through you????

kayaking loon
07-31-2007, 09:45 AM
OK, I'm new, I'm confused. Do we buy these coins from Coins and Pins or through you???:confused:

Sudonim
07-31-2007, 09:58 AM
I will be taking orders as soon as possible. The holdup is that I can't get the artwork from C&P. They promised it for BEFORE two weekends ago, still haven't seen it!
Once the design is finalized, there will be an order page on this site to order from.

Sudonim
07-31-2007, 11:09 PM
Finally! Got the artwork. These would be in antique bronze and tracking number with icon on the back. Look good?

attroll
07-31-2007, 11:52 PM
Andy

I thought we were going to title the back Northern Maine Woods? I may be wrong. It was so long ago.

Mainiac1957
08-01-2007, 05:50 AM
Lets get them going before the coin king runs out of time. I got to see it on the big screen last night and will be really nice.

firefighterjake
08-01-2007, 06:51 AM
Make it so Number One.

hollora
08-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Northern Maine Woods was nixed as it is a registered organization. What is on the coin is what was suggested as an alternative and many folks liked. Many folks liked it but the question was - will it fit on the coin.....apparently it did.

I say go for it - crunch the order and hope they put it out quickly. I am ready to go.

d’76
08-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Northern Maine Woods was nixed as it is a registered organization. What is on the coin is what was suggested as an alternative and many folks liked. Many folks liked it but the question was - will it fit on the coin.....apparently it did.

I say go for it - crunch the order and hope they put it out quickly. I am ready to go.

make it so Andy

Haffy
08-01-2007, 05:52 PM
They look great and when you get the final approval I'll let the forum know so at GC .com so they can see them as well or you can post it, doesn't matter to me one way or another.

WhereRWe?
08-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Finally! Got the artwork. These would be in antique bronze and tracking number with icon on the back. Look good?

Sheesh! Why is there a picture of BRDAD on the back? Oh, wait.... I guess it just looks like him...

I LIKE IT, Andy!!!

brdad
08-01-2007, 07:23 PM
They look great and when you get the final approval I'll let the forum know so at GC .com so they can see them as well or you can post it, doesn't matter to me one way or another.

Perhaps we should post it using the site's account?

Looks good to me!

Haffy
08-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Perhaps we should post it using the site's account?

Looks good to me!

Yes I agree, use the sites acount.

tat
08-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Great job! I wouldn't change a thing.

hide_from_the_kids
08-03-2007, 09:58 PM
I like it :) When/where/how can we order them?

hollora
08-16-2007, 04:27 PM
I like it :) When/where/how can we order them?

Well, in talking with Cache Maine today I realized I am not reading this site completely and I nearly missed ordering my coins!:eek: Seems there was a banner on the front page for a while about ordering but I missed it.:o

If I did - perhaps some others did too:eek: - or - am I the only dumb, slow one?:confused: Anyway - I found the spot by going to the Groundspeak Forums and getting the right link back to this page and mine are ordered.:D

Any thoughts to announcing this on CoinTracking.com or some other place so we can sell lots?

Just thought I would place a post here so if anyone else was in my boat they could bail out and paddle on over to a better boat to order their coins LOL

Can't wait for them to come!

Haffy
08-16-2007, 05:07 PM
There hasn't been a post for ordering any coins yet on this site that I know of. You sure it wasn't the old post about the "05" coin you were referring too? And if there was I missed it as well. I think he was waiting for more info from coins and pins if I'm not mistaken.

Haffy
08-16-2007, 05:10 PM
I will be taking orders as soon as possible. The holdup is that I can't get the artwork from C&P. They promised it for BEFORE two weekends ago, still haven't seen it!
Once the design is finalized, there will be an order page on this site to order from.

This was the last post that I saw from Andy about the coin.

d’76
08-16-2007, 05:11 PM
I ordered mine today. 2 at 11 bucks you just cant beat it

d’76
08-16-2007, 05:12 PM
Try here Haffy

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/index.php?page=coin

Haffy
Where do you go to order anyway? Oops just saw your post Dave.

d’76
try here haffy

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/index.php?page=coin

:D :D

Haffy
08-16-2007, 05:17 PM
When was that posted anyway? The 20th is Monday, no way will I be able to get the money to Andy by then. Sure wish someone would have mentioned this before now.

Sudonim
08-16-2007, 05:18 PM
It's the top item on the front page of GCmaine, posted 8/5. I think the problem is that last time, there was a picture of the coin with the announcement. Haffy, if you want coins, pm me and I'll get you some:p

hollora
08-16-2007, 06:40 PM
It's the top item on the front page of GCmaine, posted 8/5. I think the problem is that last time, there was a picture of the coin with the announcement. Haffy, if you want coins, pm me and I'll get you some:p

Think that is how I missed it - I usually don't read the front page unless something really sticks out, so to speak.:o Are you going to use cointracking.com to try and sell some. Maybe if possible it should be on the front page with some promotion for the weekend, if possible.:) I don't think all the events need to be highlighted when we are trying to sell a coin.;) Anyway - glad I found out and if anyone wants one and there are issues I would say - PM our very organized and qualified coin vault coordinator at once.:D

Haffy
08-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Seems like with the great price that everyone is excited about there should be a good response like there was on our first coin. So how are the orders coming along? And thanks Andy for getting back to me,my order is on the way.

Haffy
08-16-2007, 07:39 PM
So do I see another potential coin event in the near future?

Sudonim
08-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Seems like with the great price that everyone is excited about there should be a good response like there was on our first coin. So how are the orders coming along? And thanks Andy for getting back to me,my order is on the way.
As of right now, the coin count is 330. I'm hoping to get 500 for the order Tuesday.

Sudonim
08-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Are you going to use cointracking.com to try and sell some.
I went to cointracking.com and I'm a little confused (more than normal)
Do they mint coins, or resell them? There is a $5.00 fee to sell 1-100 coins, reasonable for 100, but how does this work? Anybody have experience with this site?

attroll
08-17-2007, 12:32 AM
When was that posted anyway? The 20th is Monday, no way will I be able to get the money to Andy by then. Sure wish someone would have mentioned this before now.

Haffy send me a PM as to how many coins you want and I will spot you for them. I am going to order mine this weekend and I will include yours with my order.

we3beans
08-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Well, don't feel too bad Hollora & Haffy, I missed it too, wonder how many others did???

mattmill
08-17-2007, 10:24 AM
I also missed the announcemet but did end up buying 6 (kids want their own to keep and release in the wild). Cannot wait for the coins to arrive. I keep trying to get one of the 2005 coins but keep getting outbid on ebay :(

matt

Sudonim
08-17-2007, 10:44 AM
I also missed the announcemet but did end up buying 6 (kids want their own to keep and release in the wild). Cannot wait for the coins to arrive. I keep trying to get one of the 2005 coins but keep getting outbid on ebay :(

matt

Matt,
PM me, I might have an extra 2005 coin around here somewhere:p

pjpreb
08-21-2007, 07:12 PM
We also missed the announcement and would like to order some if we can

Beach Comber
08-21-2007, 07:45 PM
me too! me too!!

Sudonim
08-21-2007, 09:42 PM
We also missed the announcement and would like to order some if we can
You and Judy PM me and I'll squeeze you in:p
I've placed the order, but haven't been invoiced yet. I think I can get some more. I ordered a few extras anyway for this contingency.

Rydnfree
08-22-2007, 08:00 PM
can I get a few also or am I to late?

Sudonim
08-22-2007, 10:17 PM
can I get a few also or am I to late?

PM sent...

Sudonim
08-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Good news on the coin. Tess at Coins and Pins hooked us up. We have the ME prefix for the tracking numbers! We can use them in future years if we do trackable coins again too.

Cache Maine
08-23-2007, 06:58 AM
Woo hoo......((((((Tess)))))) She is the best!

hollora
08-23-2007, 08:47 AM
Good news on the coin. Tess at Coins and Pins hooked us up. We have the ME prefix for the tracking numbers! We can use them in future years if we do trackable coins again too.

Awesome! Thanks for working on this for us Sudonim and Thanks to Tess too.

Macmo
08-26-2007, 05:15 AM
I saw it, but then went on vacation and forget to place the order. Let me know if you have any for sale and I will buy some.

Sudonim
08-26-2007, 12:29 PM
I saw it, but then went on vacation and forget to place the order. Let me know if you have any for sale and I will buy some.
Give me a PM and let me know how many you need, I ordered some extras.

hide_from_the_kids
08-30-2007, 02:13 PM
I missed the ordering opportunity as well. If anyone has any extra or if there is a way to still get some, I would love to know!

Thanks,
Sarah

Sudonim
08-30-2007, 08:27 PM
I missed the ordering opportunity as well. If anyone has any extra or if there is a way to still get some, I would love to know!

Thanks,
Sarah

PM me Sarah, I'll rustle up something...
:p

brdad
08-31-2007, 06:20 AM
I can see the extra coin I bought going for a good price on ebay! Or perhaps another raffle jug to get some money for the site!

Sudonim
09-17-2007, 05:39 PM
OK, who will be FTF on this one? The coins are in!
Those of you that selected pickup, no shipping can get them in Brewer at SoundShapers, or call me at 989-1889 to arrange something else. I'm here 8am to (at least) 6pm, but may be closed Friday and Sat, not sure yet.

For the rest of you, I'll be shipping them out as fast as possible, give me a couple of days to get organized... no snappy comebacks or you go to the back of the line ;)

WhereRWe?
09-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Great! I'll be up this week!

Anyone in southern Maine who selected pick-up... I plan to be at TAT's event on Saturday, so if you'd like me to bring your coins, let Sudonim know. Matter of fact, I'll make a pick-up run on Thursday, so you'll have a chance to let him know before I go.

Sudonim
09-17-2007, 05:54 PM
Thanks Bruce. I know TAT got a bunch, and others down that way too.

I need people to let me know if you want them sent down, or if you will be up here to get them.

WhereRWe?
09-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Well, I can even wait to come over there until Friday so as to give anyone who wants me to deliver plenty of time. And I should be at TAT's event the whole time since I don't have to be at the airport until 5 PM - plenty of time to make contact with people.

tat
09-17-2007, 07:17 PM
I will also be at my event and I'm Just finishing dinner at Margarita's in Orono! So, I should be able to be ftf, if somebody hasn't already beat me.

Zoltarus
09-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Will pick mine up in the a.m. I am headed out to Oregon early Thursday to drop one in the Original Stash Cache.

Cache Maine
09-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Woo hoo! Coins!

Haffy
09-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Can't wait to get mine either. I see my first cache hide coming up soon down here....

Rydnfree
09-17-2007, 09:32 PM
I will be there tomorrow and pick mine up

hollora
09-17-2007, 09:36 PM
So has TAT already FTF or will we be sitting on the door step in the AM. Amara and I will be there in the AM.

Sudonim
09-17-2007, 10:59 PM
TAT's already come and gone. When he came in, he said hi to Maineiac1957 AKA FTF :)

Cache Maine
09-18-2007, 08:30 AM
Here is the icon if anybody is wondering what it looks like

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/gallery/data/500/1498.gif

WhereRWe?
09-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Here is the icon if anybody is wondering what it looks like

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/gallery/data/500/1498.gif

Sheesh! That looks surprisingly like the design on our signature Maine Geocacher Permits! LOL!

Cool! :D :D

hollora
09-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Amara of Francis Family and I were waiting at the door this AM. Zoltarus had driven in while I was waiting and came back before we left. Nice coin and Andy - thanks for all the work on this project.

WhereRWe?
09-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Reminder: If anyone in southern Maine wants me to pick up their coins and bring them to TAT's event this weekend, let Sudonim and I know. :D :D

(I'll post this offer daily until Friday so that it will keep showing up as "new")

Team Ducky
09-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Darn, Tat's event is Saturday and I won't be there until Sunday! Any chance for me to get a coin?

Rydnfree
09-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Great job on the coins Andy and nice to put a face to the name.
Rick

Sudonim
09-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Reminder: If anyone in southern Maine wants me to pick up their coins and bring them to TAT's event this weekend, let Sudonim and I know. :D :D

(I'll post this offer daily until Friday so that it will keep showing up as "new")

Bruce,
Remember that I'll be closed Friday and Saturday. If you can't make it tomorrow, let TAT know. I think he's still up here and can take coins down.
Anyone else want coins delivered to the Mt. Ag. event??? I only have one taker so far besides Bruce.

As of 9/20, all the coins should be mailed out except for two international orders that I need envelopes for. Many thanks to Mainiac1957 for doing lots of envelope stuffing and taping. I'd still be on the first batch if he wasn't here. Thanks for everyone offering help as well, I got the process pretty streamlined so two of us got everything packaged in two evenings.

I got some sporatic coin requests after the order had been placed. If you didn't already pay for a coin, I have a FEW extras, but will be gone for a couple of weeks. PM me and I will get back to you around Oct 12th.

Thanks you for your support:D

attroll
09-19-2007, 11:32 PM
I noticed one thing about the coin that I never noticed before we started ordering it. No place on the coin is geocaching.com mentioned.

Sudonim
09-20-2007, 12:24 AM
I noticed one thing about the coin that I never noticed before we started ordering it. No place on the coin is geocaching.com mentioned.

Look under the tracking number. All trackable coins are required by GC.com to have their web site. It is small, but there.

WhereRWe?
09-20-2007, 07:55 AM
Bruce,
Remember that I'll be closed Friday and Saturday. If you can't make it tomorrow, let TAT know.

OK - so I go to Bangor today! LOL! (I originally planned to go Thursday, but decided to delay to give people more chance to ask for delivery. Sure glad you told me you're closed tomorrow! LOL!)

attroll
09-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Look under the tracking number. All trackable coins are required by GC.com to have their web site. It is small, but there.
Your right it is small. I can not even read it. I am not complaining but maybe next time we should make it a little bigger.

Haffy
09-20-2007, 04:16 PM
They get enough PR anyway...... It's bad enough it costs us a $1.50 per coin just to have it trackable on their site.

Sudonim
09-20-2007, 05:24 PM
They get enough PR anyway...... It's bad enough it costs us a $1.50 per coin just to have it trackable on their site.

That was my thought too. We have to have it on the coin, but no specs on how large it has to be. I'd rather put the focus on GCMaine anyway!

hollora
09-20-2007, 06:28 PM
That was my thought too. We have to have it on the coin, but no specs on how large it has to be. I'd rather put the focus on GCMaine anyway!

Amen - if its small and you really want to read it you just had to get out your magnifier. I like the fact our coins have nice, larger, easy to read tracking numbers.:)

attroll
09-21-2007, 04:43 AM
My only concern was, they may think they have to come to our web site to log it and that is not the case.

Cache Maine
09-21-2007, 07:46 AM
Has anyone seen the new coin knives that are coming out? Won't be long before there will be a similar geocoin knife.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-96460177558112_1964_23747092',500,550

mattmill
09-22-2007, 08:20 PM
I received the coins today and they look great! Thanks for all your hard work!

matt:D

Kaching Karen
09-23-2007, 08:08 AM
I would like to announce the arrival of some new, shinny coins. Thanks! They look great!

Haffy
09-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Hopefully I'll be getting mine soon then...

kayaking loon
09-23-2007, 11:41 AM
I got my coins and like them very much. Thanks! I haven't decided what to do with them yet but thinking of something shouldn't be too hard....:D

brdad
10-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Can I pick up my coins yet? :rolleyes:

Sudonim
10-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Got 'em in an envelope with your name on them. Pick away :D
I'm there from 10am to 6pm (or longer). 989-1889

Beach Comber
10-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Andy - are you going to the event(s) on 11/10? If so, I can pick up my coins that day.

Sudonim
10-22-2007, 09:21 PM
Andy - are you going to the event(s) on 11/10? If so, I can pick up my coins that day.
I'll be there. Maybe not for the noon one, but I'll show up (maybe late) for the second one. Anyone else that ordered coins that wants me to bring them, let me know.

d’76
10-22-2007, 09:33 PM
I'll be there. Maybe not for the noon one, but I'll show up (maybe late) for the second one. Anyone else that ordered coins that wants me to bring them, let me know.

I would be very grateful if you brought mine also. THanks Andy.