View Full Version : Saco River kayak

Team2hunt
05-03-2007, 09:31 PM
It's almost that time of year again. The river is calling and the days are now warm enough for a kayak trip. Last year this was a great day paddle. I will be tied up until June. If anyone is ready and wants to come along. Post it here. OR If you can't wait til June, post your own time and head out on the river. I haven't heard if it's a pay as you paddle river yet!

attroll
05-04-2007, 01:23 AM
I am interested. I was not able to make it last year. Tom are you going to do this and make an overnighter out of it like you did last year?

Keep in mind that our event is on 9 June.

Haffy
05-04-2007, 06:48 AM

I haven't seen where you have definately decided if that is the date yet? :confused:

Team2hunt
05-04-2007, 10:09 AM

Thanks Rick for letting us know. I'll be bringing 1manteam with me. We'll definitely be camping out! :eek: and joining in on the kayak the next morning. I'll have to find a second kayak for Troy.

attroll
05-04-2007, 12:54 PM
I haven't seen where you have definately decided if that is the date yet? :confused:
I just got off the phone with the meat market and the pig roaster and we are going to go reserve it tomorrow. We will post the event once we reserve it. We are planning the event for 9 June.

Oh and by the way Haffy you spelled definitely wrong in your post. I just had to say something since your always jumping on my case about my spelling :)

firefighterjake
05-04-2007, 01:25 PM
I just got off the phone with the meat market and the pig roaster and we are going to go reserve it tomorrow. We will post the event once we reserve it. We are planning the event for 9 June.

Oh and by the way Haffy you spelled definitely wrong in your post. I just had to say something since your always jumping on my case about my spelling :)

Do you mean "you are" (aka you're)? ;) :D Sorry, couldn't help myself . . . journalism major and english minor in college (along with a minor in psychology . . . but we don't even want to start using the stuff I learned in those classes here at gcmaine.org. :) ;) )

attroll
05-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Do you mean "you are" (aka you're)? ;) :D Sorry, couldn't help myself . . . journalism major and english minor in college (along with a minor in psychology . . . but we don't even want to start using the stuff I learned in those classes here at gcmaine.org. :) ;) )
Jake it was not a serious thing. I know I am not good with grammar and I admit it. Haffy has always said he was a stickler with it so I could not resist.

Haffy
05-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Yep got caught!!! My Bad....:D

Team2hunt
05-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Anyone wanna go down the Saco River in June sometime? :rolleyes:

hollora
05-04-2007, 06:55 PM
T2H - am trying to find the right craft for big ole' me......and sometime I would love to do the Saco (oh, paddle down) but June.....I would hate to be paddling and have the baby arrive. June is to tight. Wished I had known you wanted a kayak for Troy - sold my Loon cheap last summer when Ralph was ill.

Rain Check?

Foxgloves
05-04-2007, 07:41 PM

....I would hate to be paddling and have the baby arrive.......

"Born on the Bayou"
song by Creedence Clearwater Revival comes to mind..:D
oops sorry....getting off topic again....

Carry on....:rolleyes:

If not in June..maybe in July? (I'm talking about kayaking now.)

Team2hunt
05-04-2007, 09:20 PM
"
If not in June..maybe in July? (I'm talking about kayaking now.)

If you ever come to Maine, don't come without your kayak. We could be going out anytime. You will always be welcome to come along. The kayak event in Stonington will probally be in July this year. I think I remember that you liked the ocean. It is lovely on Deer Isle in the summer. And plenty of great caches too. :cool:

hollora
05-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Hope that event is late July - Becca and I can't wait to go camping with the family:D . Still a few to do on the island too (there's a new one or two/for us/more perhaps for others - some nice quickies). We may be hanging more campside this year but we can cook and I'll bring cheese dip!

Hopefully we can get a better site - Tat had suggested the big one on the back side of the public parking lot. Sounds good to me.

tat
05-05-2007, 08:12 AM
I don't know when I'll get to do the Saco this year. I know it won't be before August and more likely after September!

Haffy
05-05-2007, 08:37 AM
I thought the campsite we had the first year was ok, heck we even had enough room for an elephant.!!!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/haffy6/KayakKacheEvent010Medium.jpg

Cache Maine
05-05-2007, 02:43 PM
It's Ellie! Oh wait, I know nothing! LOL

pjpreb
05-05-2007, 09:35 PM
We may be up for a paddle on the Saco. Always a fun time! Probably won't be camping though (old bones ya know...) That sand is pretty hard to sleep on! (Been there done that)

kayakerinme
05-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Anyone wanna go down the Saco River in June sometime? :rolleyes:

As mentioned previously in the thread, I can't go June 9/10 as I have a High School graduation to attend. However, you're welcome to borrow one of my kayaks for Troy (probably the 14.5' Carolina) and the roof cradles.

Team2hunt
05-06-2007, 10:09 PM
As mentioned previously in the thread, I can't go June 9/10 as I have a High School graduation to attend. However, you're welcome to borrow one of my kayaks for Troy (probably the 14.5' Carolina) and the roof cradles.

Thanks, I always wanted to try a different kayak. We'll have plenty of time to talk in oh......about 12 days!! woohoo!! :D