View Full Version : Watchlist Issues?

team teebow
05-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Anyone else not getting watchlist notifications or is it a Geocaching Holiday? A nice day like today and I usually get hundreds of emails...today, NOTHING!!! Whats up?

Team Teebow 1

Haffy
05-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Just another typical hiccup from GC.com that's all. Just getting too big for their britches I would assume.

Hiram357
05-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Anyone else not getting watchlist notifications or is it a Geocaching Holiday? A nice day like today and I usually get hundreds of emails...today, NOTHING!!! Whats up?

Team Teebow 1

it's an organized geocaching boycott, didn't you get the memo? we're boycotting for more hydro-caches... :rolleyes: :D

hollora
05-06-2007, 07:37 AM
I, too, have begun not getting my PQs and probably not some watchlist things either. Hope it is growing pains.

Team2hunt
05-06-2007, 03:09 PM
it's an organized geocaching boycott, didn't you get the memo? we're boycotting for more hydro-caches... :rolleyes: :D

Have you ever done a hydro-cache?

Hiram357
05-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Have you ever done a hydro-cache?

nope, that's why there's a boycott...;) I don't think there are any in maine are there?? But I have done a few traditional caches that turned into hyrdos... :D

brdad
05-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Depends on your definition of hydrocache. The traditional meaning is just to require a boat or having to swim to it, but some think it involves the cache being underwater. I know we have a couple that were underwater. Once is archived, and one WhereRWe adopted, I'm not sure where that cache stands, but it was underwater but you didn't have to swim to it or take a boat to it.

IMHO if it involves water it can be a hydrocache if you want it to be.

Hiram357
05-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Depends on your definition of hydrocache. The traditional meaning is just to require a boat or having to swim to it, but some think it involves the cache being underwater. I know we have a couple that were underwater. Once is archived, and one WhereRWe adopted, I'm not sure where that cache stands, but it was underwater but you didn't have to swim to it or take a boat to it.

IMHO if it involves water it can be a hydrocache if you want it to be.

I thought hydro caches were caches that we're under water. If they're ones you have to get to by boat, then I've done a few. (does it count if the water is frozen at the time??) :D

Mainiac1957
05-06-2007, 08:16 PM
I guess my Birch Stream Cache is now a hydro cache.:rolleyes: :D Cause it sure is underwater.:eek:

Team2hunt
05-07-2007, 07:25 AM
Here: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=f53fd5fe-1ecf-490d-b023-5009d97df1f8

This is on Province Lake along the Maine NH border. We did it last October. Ordinary Shark, 1manteam and I. Guess who got in the freezing water. The cache was in 5' of the fridgid stuff. I thought I could wade to it. I have pictures but won't post them. My bathingsuit shrivelled up into a speedo! :eek: This was our second. We also did the Superduper H2O cache on Moose Pond in Bridgton before it was archived. Those pics of Troy are posted. We had a blast both times.

WhereRWe?
05-07-2007, 08:29 AM
I know we have a couple that were underwater. Once is archived, and one WhereRWe adopted, I'm not sure where that cache stands, but it was underwater but you didn't have to swim to it or take a boat to it.

We're still waiting for the water to drop and the snow to melt in that area before we try to log that cache ourselves! LOL!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7538ca0a-51e9-44ea-acb7-c26da704d885

But if the spring run-off has destroyed the cache, we'll replace it with a land-based cache. It's a beautiful location. But the current cache is colder than a ......

:D :D

Team2hunt
05-07-2007, 09:08 AM
I have seen this cache listing but didn't know it was an H2O cache. I have put it on my watchlist. It will be nice to do this Summer. Hike in and a nice swim at the cache. Please leave it as an H2O cache.

hollora
05-08-2007, 01:10 PM
This is also one I would like to do this summer. Maybe with son, d-i-l, daughter, s-i-l and grandbaby.

WhereRWe?
05-09-2007, 03:44 PM
This is also one I would like to do this summer. Maybe with son, d-i-l, daughter, s-i-l and grandbaby.

LOL! Let me know the day you go. I'd pay good money to see Hollora in that hole! ;) ;)

I think I'll upload a picture of the "hiding spot" for that cache...

:D :D

(No - it wouldn't be fair to the actual cache owner. But I'm not adverse to a "hint" now and then, so I'll email a picture if anyone wants it.)

hollora
05-09-2007, 06:47 PM
LOL! Let me know the day you go. I'd pay good money to see Hollora in that hole! ;) ;)

Please note - I am not the total ummmm dummy.;) I stated I was going to bring others and from what I have read perhaps tools!:p

My son is a total dare devil and my daugher, in flip flop sandals, waded the literally roaring Kenduskeag Stream with wellsuh to get Kenduskeag Views.

Bruce - you are right - I would probably get stuck in the hole (as I nearly did at Kenduskeag Views):mad: when I walked across the rocks to get it alone - later in the year.

What we will do for a cache!:eek:

WhereRWe?
05-10-2007, 01:52 PM
What we will do for a cache!:eek:

Well, you should note that we are listed as the "maintainers" for this cache, and even though we've been to the cache location, we didn't log it! LOL!