View Full Version : RE: A new game

firefighterjake
05-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Bessie's Tale Revisited . . . what happened here?

http://www.imagetex.com/albums/userpics/10247/normal_myhead.jpg

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
05-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Bessie's Tale Revisited . . . what happened here?

http://www.imagetex.com/albums/userpics/10247/normal_myhead.jpg

You donated your "5th" eye to a person in need? LOL :D :D :D :D

Or

You stabbed yourself with a fork while dining at the Unity House of Pizza and because of embarrassment you thought doctoring it up to look like stitches would garner you some sympathy.:D :D :D :D

Or

Heidi gave you a lobotomy because it was cheaper than finding herself a new hubby. :D :D

Or

You forgot to wear you helmet while taking the fourwheeler out for its maiden spring run and then YOU suffered a momentary lapse in prudent judgement and went somewhere that the fourwheeler wasn't intended to go and it "bucked you off"

Either way, ouch, and I'm sure a bloody mess considering where the injury is.

Cache On!!!!

Team2hunt
05-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Is there a micro in there? I thought moving caches weren't allowed anymore. Now that's GEO-X!

Ouch! no matter what happened.

I'm thinking you were taking a picture of something, that you shouldn't have. :rolleyes:

Hiram357
05-07-2007, 04:52 PM
you had a GPS installed in your head!! unfourtunately it was a Magellan and you can only walk backwards....

or...

THEY FINALLY GOT TO YOU!!! You took your tinfoil helmet off too soon thinking you were safe, then before you know it.. BOOM!! they sucked out your brain!!! (I see that a very large hole was not required...)

but I'm leanin more towards it was a home improvement sustained learning situation... :)

brdad
05-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Another DNF on Old 470!

Sudonim
05-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Looks like whatever happened, you were wearing your glasses when the impact occured. Ouch!

kayakerinme
05-07-2007, 07:25 PM
How'd you get that caterpillar bug to line up all its legs so nice and straight? Did it tickle crawling across your forehead? :p

tat
05-07-2007, 07:59 PM
The pic got blocked at work. Now, I'm not sure if I want to look. Ok, here goes.............

GEO*TRAILBLAZER 1
05-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Ouch! 1
That had to hurt.
When they said duck they did not mean one's with feathers.

Thanks tat for introducing me here.

dí76
05-07-2007, 09:13 PM
I was married once and had scars simliar to those. Maybe Heidi decided you cant go caching anymore and you got a bit mouthy and then she whipped your @$$. LOL

tat
05-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Looks like and escapee from: Infamous Travel Bug Prison (I.T.B.P.) GCG1ZA

Hiram357
05-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Well Jake... we're waiting.... what's page 3???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

firefighterjake
05-08-2007, 08:11 AM
And the winner is Hiram357 . . . although many of the other answers gave me a good chuckle.

Hiram's correct answer was . . . tinfoil hat removal . . . I mean home improvement project gone wrong.

I won't elaborate too much, but it involved a pruning saw, ladder and a 6-8 inch dead pine branch . . . oh yeah and me plus a helping dose of stupidity (I have got to listen to that little voice in my head since he was yelling at me that what I was doing could get me hurt . . . of course this is the same little voice that was telling me that the infamous rest stop outside of Ellsworth had some hinky things going on even though I couldn't quite put my finger on what was going on.)

Of course at work I can't admit what really happened so with yesterday's crew the story was I was involved in a bar fight . . . well to make it sound more realistic I said I was actually in the wrong place at the wrong time and a fight broke out and I just happened to catch a chair in the head. Today's story with a different crew will be a four-wheeling accident . . . and then on Wednesday with yet another crew I think I'll concoct another fanciful story.

And yes, TRF, blood was pouring out of my head as if I had a faucet attached to it . . . I wasn't very pretty looking . . . well I mean I'm never very pretty looking and especially not now that I look like Frankenstein, but it was a bit messy at the time.

On the flip side (and this is the truth) the doc at Sebasticook Valley Hospital in Pittsfield told me I have thick skin (comes from hanging out here I guess!) ;) :D

Foxgloves
05-08-2007, 08:39 AM
Another DNF on Old 470!

Nice avatar brdad! I like it better than your old one.

Oh...sorry I got off topic again..:rolleyes:

Jake you poor thing...ouch.... tell us what really happened...

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/EMSDudette/EMOT3511.gif

firefighterjake
05-08-2007, 09:44 AM

Oh...sorry I got off topic again..:rolleyes:

Jake you poor thing...ouch.... tell us what really happened...

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/EMSDudette/EMOT3511.gif

I won't elaborate too much, but it involved a pruning saw, ladder and a 6-8 inch dead pine branch . . . oh yeah and me plus a helping dose of stupidity (I have got to listen to that little voice in my head since he was yelling at me that what I was doing could get me hurt . . .

Hiram357
05-08-2007, 04:39 PM
and that's exactly why I don't believe in cutting down trees!!!!! explosives are more fun and effective... and ya don't have to stand next to the tree. :D :D :D

brdad
05-08-2007, 08:28 PM

Thanks. I'm not sure how long I can stick with it. I've had the other one since I started geocaching, with slight editing to adress the current topics of geocaching. Lee and I came across this guy while caching around China Lake, so I took a picture.

I won't elaborate too much, but it involved a pruning saw, ladder and a 6-8 inch dead pine branch . . . oh yeah and me plus a helping dose of stupidity (I have got to listen to that little voice in my head since he was yelling at me that what I was doing could get me hurt . . .

Having a father who was in the logging industry for years, I'd think he'd suggest you get one of these next time:

CD2V8GFqk_Y (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2V8GFqk_Y)

Hiram357
05-08-2007, 09:08 PM
I think I saw it step on an ammo can!!!

think I can trade my jeep in for one of those????

firefighterjake
05-09-2007, 07:38 AM
. . .

Having a father who was in the logging industry for years, I'd think he'd suggest you get one of these next time:

CD2V8GFqk_Y (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2V8GFqk_Y)

Pretty neat feller-buncher (spelling?) . . . I've never seen one with legs before . . . kind of reminds me of the walker/tanks in the second Star Wars movie in the battle on Genosa.

Of course having a father who was in the logging industry for years I'm thinking he'd suggest I would simply wear a helmet next time and not attempt to cut a large branch while standing on a stepladder . . . or at least position the ladder better!;) :D

brdad
05-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Of course having a father who was in the logging industry for years I'm thinking he'd suggest I would simply wear a helmet next time and not attempt to cut a large branch while standing on a stepladder . . . or at least position the ladder better!;) :D

Well, as well as working in the loogging industry, mine was also an OSHA crane inspector and an over-doer of most everything, especially if metal was involved. For instance, his stainless chimney liner - Them cheap flexible things you buy just weren't good enough. He proceeded to obtain some 10" diameter stainless pipe (The read deal, about 1/4" thick wall), which he then welded together to form a rigid liner just under 30 feet long. He then had a crane come and lower it down the existing brick chimney. He even had enough of the pipe left over to pipe right to the boiler. So, a mere helmet wasn't enough safety to go into the porta-john with.

Hiram357
05-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Well, as well as working in the loogging industry, mine was also an OSHA crane inspector and an over-doer of most everything, especially if metal was involved. For instance, his stainless chimney liner - Them cheap flexible things you buy just weren't good enough. He proceeded to obtain some 10" diameter stainless pipe (The read deal, about 1/4" thick wall), which he then welded together to form a rigid liner just under 30 feet long. He then had a crane come and lower it down the existing brick chimney. He even had enough of the pipe left over to pipe right to the boiler. So, a mere helmet wasn't enough safety to go into the porta-john with.

lol, that is a bit over doin it!!

funny story that fits right in here... a few weeks ago (when we still had about 3' of snow in some spots) I was at a freinds house and we were havin us a sof.. brush fire, and there were some adult beverages involved, and we decided to clean up some old fell trees (his chainsaw wasn't workin) so I grabbed a hand saw and proceded to climb the limbs that we were tryin to cut. and so there i was about 7' in the air cutting this limb (and no i wasn't cutting the part that was on the trunk while i was standing on it) but, the tree proved itself unworthy to support the weight of my body :rolleyes: (i think you can see where this is going) so halfway through my cut, down goes the limb with me still cutting it, falling perfectly in the snow (still standing with a hand on the saw) like a stick in the mud... (we almost fell over we were laughin so hard) AND I DIDN'T SPILL MY BEER!!! :D :D :D

Sudonim
05-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Ahh, the best stories (that happen to other people, that is) always seem to involve beer :D

Beach Comber
05-09-2007, 08:59 PM
AND I DIDN'T SPILL MY BEER!!! :D :D :D

The fact that you were holding a beer while on the branch (while it was attached to the tree) and cutting at the same time is impressive!! The ever amazing Hiram!!!

Hiram357
05-10-2007, 12:53 PM
The fact that you were holding a beer while on the branch (while it was attached to the tree) and cutting at the same time is impressive!! The ever amazing Hiram!!!

What can I say, I'm a man of many talents. :cool: :D

Hiram357
05-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Of course having a father who was in the logging industry for years I'm thinking he'd suggest I would simply wear a helmet next time...

ya know, that's interesting jake, I just heard a story about you the other night that involved another time you forgot to wear a helmet... but on the other hand I was also told you guys did a pretty good job putting out the fire in record time with minimal damage and water usage... :D :D

firefighterjake
05-10-2007, 03:43 PM
ya know, that's interesting jake, I just heard a story about you the other night that involved another time you forgot to wear a helmet... but on the other hand I was also told you guys did a pretty good job putting out the fire in record time with minimal damage and water usage... :D :D

Sounds like Bobby Hill has been talking!!! ;) :D I hate to admit it, but yes, what you heard was probably true . . . did he also mention the fact that I didn't connect into to my air pack until I popped the door, smoke rushed out and for a brief second I was wondering why I was coughing on the sudden rush of smoke into the hallway? :o Over 10 years of doing this and lo and behold on that fire I was making more mistakes than a rookie going into his first fire . . . on the flip side it was an excellent save and other than a few embarassing gaffs on my part, it was a textbook fire attack.

firefighterjake
05-10-2007, 03:45 PM

Uh . . . just for the record I did put the helmet on after "Bobby Hill" asked me if I was going to put on my helmet that I had laid on the back of the pumper while donning my air pack. (Don't want TRF to think I was charging into a real full-blown fire without any head protection. ;) :D )

Hiram357
05-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Uh . . . just for the record I did put the helmet on after "Bobby Hill" asked me if I was going to put on my helmet that I had laid on the back of the pumper while donning my air pack. (Don't want TRF to think I was charging into a real full-blown fire without any head protection. ;) :D )

lol, interesting story... I think he's the man of many nicknames, we were calling him "blender bob" the other night, he had a whole cabana bar in the back of his truck (with 2 blenders and glasses that lit up with neon lights) (so, is the "bobby hill" a king of the hilll reference?) :rolleyes: :D

firefighterjake
05-10-2007, 08:05 PM
lol, interesting story... I think he's the man of many nicknames, we were calling him "blender bob" the other night, he had a whole cabana bar in the back of his truck (with 2 blenders and glasses that lit up with neon lights) (so, is the "bobby hill" a king of the hilll reference?) :rolleyes: :D

Yup that's the guy . . . he's a wicked good cook and yes it's a KOTH reference.

Foxgloves
05-10-2007, 08:16 PM
lol, that is a bit over doin it!!

........but, the tree proved itself unworthy to support the weight of my body :rolleyes: (i think you can see where this is going) so halfway through my cut, down goes the limb with me still cutting it, falling perfectly in the snow (still standing with a hand on the saw) like a stick in the mud... (we almost fell over we were laughin so hard) AND I DIDN'T SPILL MY BEER!!! :D :D :D

Poor Steph...what you put her through...:rolleyes:

WhereRWe?
05-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Ahh, the best stories (that happen to other people, that is) always seem to involve beer :D

Sheesh! Don't get me started! LOL!