View Full Version : Slipping into summer cache 2007(pig roast)

attroll
05-08-2007, 01:41 PM
This event is posted on GC.com, but is waiting for me to release it. I thought I would give everyone advance notice to prepare for it.

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/images/sss.jpg

09 June 2007

Easy to find. Just follow the GPS until you get within about 75 feet and you should be in front of the house.

Come between noon and 1 pm and stay as long as you like.

This caching event will be to try and get Maine geocachers together.
We know it is hard for the Maine cachers in southern Maine area to make it to the cache events in the Bangor area. So we are making an effort to help them make this event. We are trying something different this year. We are making this a pig roast. So come hungry. We will be roasting a whole pig on a rotisserie through out the morning for the afternoon event. We have a grill for those that would like to bring there own food to cook.

We have a fairly large back yard. We can set up a slip and slide on the small hill in the back yard for the children or adults. We did this last year at the event and it was a big success and will do it again this year as long as the weather is permiting and as long as the well pump holds out. We will have a canopy tent ready to set up in case of rain. If the weather does look back we can also set up a large covered tarp area. But we don’t not want to think about the four letter word “rain”. We have already added two new close caches in the area so they can be found before or after this event and left for future caching.

If you want to get here earlier and head out for some local caching then you can stop off here first and leave what you don’t want to carry around in your car. We can also set up an area if someone wants to tent here for the night.

If we get some tenters as we have in the past we will have a fire in the fire pit at night if it is not too windy. If you want to you can tent for the night and use our home as home base if you want to do some more caching the next day. If anyone is interested in bringing a tent and making this an overnight event just let us know we have plenty of room. We would just like to have a head count for those wanting to spend the night. We will be having some type of breakfast the following morning so a head count would help.

Note to anyone spending the nite
We are going to have a paddling event on Sunday if weather permits so bring a kayak or canoe if your interested

We are also only one mile away from a bunch of lakes. There is a bridge just down the road that the local kids and adults use to jump from. It is only about 10 feet off the water.

For those that are interested I have a wireless router that can be turned on if they want to bring there laptops. I have moved the router so that the wireless connection will work better then what it did the last event.

Things to bring:
1. You and anyone interested in attending.
2. The food that you want to eat.
3. Chairs to sit in.
4. Swim suite (for slip and slide)
5. A good attitude.
6. Tent and sleeping gear if you plan on spending the night.
7. If you have an extra grill it might help.
8. Travel bugs to pass along. For anyone camping out for the night we will have a breakfast I in the morning. Consisting of pancakes and eggs and Orange Juice. We can make instant coffee. If someone brings a coffee maker then we can make real coffee. A head count for those spending the night would be nice. Please leave me email or post it here.

The wife has asked me to make recomandations for things that would be good to bring:

Any side dish you like to share.
Salads ie patatoe, macaroni, toss, pasta.
Chips.
Fruit.
Cookies.

attroll
05-08-2007, 01:46 PM
One more note to add to this. We will be selling T-shirts with the following image on the shirt to help offset the cost of the event and the pig and the cooker soon. We are trying to determine a reasonable price for the shirt. Were thinking $10 each. So if anyone is interested in a shirt them PM me your size and how many you want and I will send you my paypal account to send the money to.

We will not be ordering any extras, so if you do not order it before we send out our order then you will be out of luck.

Here is the image that will be on the shirt.

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/images/sss.jpg

Sudonim
05-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Even if I can't make the event (I hope to, but not sure yet), I'd buy a shirt. I think I owe you a little for the last two picnics I've attended ;)

team teebow
05-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Team Teebow will be there for the day. Unable to kayak the nexy day. Let us know if you need any help with getting that pig started.

We are interested in t-shirts also. Could you give us a rundown on sizes?

attroll
05-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Sizes will be M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL. I will need to check but I am pretty sure Small is available too.

Foxgloves
05-08-2007, 07:51 PM
.....If someone brings a coffee maker then we can make real coffee. A head count for those spending the night would be nice. Please leave me email or post it here.

The wife has asked me to make recomandations for things that would be good to bring:

Any side dish you like to share.
Salads ie patatoe, macaroni, toss, pasta.
Chips.
Fruit.
Cookies.
This sounds like a fun event . I wouldn't miss it.
I will bring my Tabouli salad for us vegetarians. :o On second thought maybe I should make a Tofu dish for Hiram and Jake ;) :D

I also plan on camping and going on the kayak run on Sunday and will bring my kayak.
and I have a 10 cup camp coffee percolator I can bring along if we want real coffee in the morning.

hollora
05-08-2007, 08:44 PM
On second thought maybe I should make a Tofu dish for Hiram and Jake ;) :D

Maybe a Tofu dish would get Jake to an event!:rolleyes:

Hiram357
05-08-2007, 10:38 PM

If you want tofu to get jake to come to an event, it first has to be laced with a sedative, then fed to jake before the event so that it has enough time to render him unconcious, while someone comes by with a van that we can throw him into to take him to the event. then well have to tie him up to a tree before he wakes up, so that when he does wake up and realize that he's at a cache event he doesn't try to run off.... but last time we just used pizza, it concealed the sedative better and he was more willing to eat it.... :D :cool:

btw, you can count me and stef for overnighters again. :)

firefighterjake
05-09-2007, 07:31 AM
This sounds like a fun event . I wouldn't miss it.
I will bring my Tabouli salad for us vegetarians. :o On second thought maybe I should make a Tofu dish for Hiram and Jake ;) :D

Uh . . . thanks for the thought, but I don't usually do events since I'm not much of a social butterfly like Hiram is (seriously . . . I was going geocaching with him one time and I pull in the parking lot where I was meeting him and he was chatting with this guy as if they were long lost friends -- turns out he only met the guy 5 minutes before I arrived) . . . I'm more like a lunar moth.:D

firefighterjake
05-09-2007, 07:32 AM

I've actually had tofu . . . and it wasn't bad . . . but all in all I think I'll stick with a good medium rare rib-eye or T-bone steak . . . although that roasted pig sounds pretty good . . . just not good enough to lure me to an event.

firefighterjake
05-09-2007, 07:34 AM
If you want tofu to get jake to come to an event, it first has to be laced with a sedative, then fed to jake before the event so that it has enough time to render him unconcious, while someone comes by with a van that we can throw him into to take him to the event. then well have to tie him up to a tree before he wakes up, so that when he does wake up and realize that he's at a cache event he doesn't try to run off.... but last time we just used pizza, it concealed the sedative better and he was more willing to eat it.... :D :cool:

Well that explains a few things and clears up a few mysteries . . . especially those mysterious bruises. :D

Foxgloves
05-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Uh . . . thanks for the thought, but I don't usually do events since I'm not much of a social butterfly like Hiram is (seriously . . . . . . I'm more like a lunar moth.:D

Jake....I never would have guessed you weren't an event type of guy.
Based on what I've seen on the forums...you fit right in and have many friends here. Please don't tell me you are like Mr.Wilson on Home improvement and just stand behind the fence and peek up over the top now and again just to get a little taste of the action.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/EMSDudette/118A9917.gif

I have been made to feel very welcome here on the forum and you've been a member much longer than I have. Come out from behind the fence and play with us? :D Don't be shy!!! :o

FuddsGirls
05-09-2007, 11:36 AM
http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/display/ca0ad241-7b98-4240-a124-c116dad9cf57.jpg (http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/ca0ad241-7b98-4240-a124-c116dad9cf57.jpg)
So since Jake won't come to events, I had to go find a picture of him. Hey he's younger than I thought:rolleyes: . So now we know what you look like. See you at the Pig Roast? I heard fireman make good baked beans. You can leave out the salt pork if you'd like.

firefighterjake
05-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Jake....I never would have guessed you weren't an event type of guy.
Based on what I've seen on the forums...you fit right in and have many friends here. Please don't tell me you are like Mr.Wilson on Home improvement and just stand behind the fence and peek up over the top now and again just to get a little taste of the action.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/EMSDudette/118A9917.gif

I have been made to feel very welcome here on the forum and you've been a member much longer than I have. Come out from behind the fence and play with us? :D Don't be shy!!! :o

Oh sure, I'm clever and witty (well in my own mind at least) when I'm sitting here at the desk typing away . . . but get me in a crowd and a stapler provokes more interesting conversation. Events just aren't my thing.

firefighterjake
05-09-2007, 11:59 AM
http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/display/ca0ad241-7b98-4240-a124-c116dad9cf57.jpg (http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/ca0ad241-7b98-4240-a124-c116dad9cf57.jpg)
So since Jake won't come to events, I had to go find a picture of him. Hey he's younger than I thought:rolleyes: . So now we know what you look like. See you at the Pig Roast? I heard fireman make good baked beans. You can leave out the salt pork if you'd like.

Younger . . . don't you mean "fatter?" ;) :D For some reason everyone seems to have preconceived notions of what I look like.

For the record I've never made baked beans, but I have attempted to make strombi (Velveeta cheese, hamburger, onions and peppers) which is a firehouse favorite here.

OK, enough about me . . . we now return you to the regularly scheduled programming and the original thread about the Pig Roast . . . and to get back on topic.

FuddsGirls
05-09-2007, 04:06 PM
[quote=firefighterjake;31223]
For the record I've never made baked beans, but I have attempted to make strombi (Velveeta cheese, hamburger, onions and peppers) which is a firehouse favorite here.quote]

Ok so when I transplanted to Maine, I learned to make Beans for the fire dept's bean and casserole suppers. I'll make beans to go with the roast. Also just found out that Fudd's 20 yr reunion is that night but he has to work so still planning on coming

Team2hunt
05-09-2007, 06:38 PM
quote=firefighterjake;31223]

Also just found out that Fudd's 20 yr reunion is that night but he has to work so still planning on coming[/quote]

I see your still spoiled? :rolleyes:

Team2hunt
05-09-2007, 06:43 PM
I will need a few of them. Any idea if they will be 100% cotton, or a 50/50 blend?

FuddsGirls
05-09-2007, 11:30 PM
I will need a few of them. Any idea if they will be 100% cotton, or a 50/50 blend?
I'll be needing a couple also but since I'm the spoiled one, I'd like 50/50 if that's possible. Wish Rick stayed with the pigroast picture from last year, not that we don't like Porky.

FuddsGirls
05-09-2007, 11:35 PM
I see your still spoiled? :rolleyes:
Ha ha. I have a laptop to be paperless with now, and it fits in the GoldWing. The Harley just wasn't comfortable for a day of geocaching:D
I'll have some questions for the GSAK guru.....

team teebow
05-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Younger . . . don't you mean "fatter?" ;) :D For some reason everyone seems to have preconceived notions of what I look like.

For the record I've never made baked beans, but I have attempted to make strombi (Velveeta cheese, hamburger, onions and peppers) which is a firehouse favorite here.

OK, enough about me . . . we now return you to the regularly scheduled programming and the original thread about the Pig Roast . . . and to get back on topic.

Yum, that sounds good right about now. Strombi, is that what it's called or did you make that name up?

Oh come on, one "slip" down the slip n slide with "Dawn" and you will fit right in and be the talk of the event. Like others are saying, no need to be shy, we are all friends and we would love to see you there!! Sprout your wings Mr. Firefighter Jake, come to where the pink flamingos, green doors and Dawn welcome you!!!

team teebow 2 (Cheryl)

Hiram357
05-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Yum, that sounds good right about now. Strombi, is that what it's called or did you make that name up?

Oh come on, one "slip" down the slip n slide with "Dawn" and you will fit right in and be the talk of the event. Like others are saying, no need to be shy, we are all friends and we would love to see you there!! Sprout your wings Mr. Firefighter Jake, come to where the pink flamingos, green doors and Dawn welcome you!!!

team teebow 2 (Cheryl)

Mr. Firefighter Jake can't come through the good green door, but FFJ can... :D :rolleyes:

firefighterjake
05-10-2007, 03:40 PM

team teebow 2 (Cheryl)

Yup strombi . . . if I remember I'll find the official recipe and post it here -- just be forewarned that the effects of the Velveeta cheese have been known to bring a 250-pound man to his knees in short order . . . well, actually it actually brought him to a sitting position and it was several days later. ;) :D

Beach Comber
05-10-2007, 03:41 PM

Oh, but there is competition to be the talk of the event. Your buddy Hiram holds great potential on that one - LOL If nothing happens to talk about this year, we can always reminisce about Hiram's antics last year.

Hiram liked Dawn - I bet you would too!!

And the green doors - what fun!!!

Mainiac1957
05-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Oh, but there is competition to be the talk of the event. Your buddy Hiram holds great potential on that one - LOL If nothing happens to talk about this year, we can always reminisce about Hiram's antics last year.

Hiram liked Dawn - I bet you would too!!

And the green doors - what fun!!!

And it's just such darn clean fun too!:rolleyes:

Hiram357
05-10-2007, 05:55 PM
and don't forget about "team sneaky" creaping through the woods like a herd of blind moose with waterballoons!!! :D :D :D

Team2hunt
05-10-2007, 06:05 PM
The DR. is IN! :rolleyes:

Hiram357
05-10-2007, 07:48 PM
The DR. is IN! :rolleyes:

In the cooler packed in ice I presume?? :D

Team2hunt
05-10-2007, 09:16 PM
In the cooler packed in ice I presume?? :D

You are a good presumerer...my friend. Bringing 1manteam again with waterguns. :eek: :rolleyes: I'll have to behave myself this year. I don't want to leave a bad impression with Troy. He's at that age........13.

team teebow
05-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Who could forget the water balloon launcher sling shot thingy. Aim for the adults NOT the tents kids!!;)

Guess FFJ just is a party pooper BUT when he sees the pictures he is going to be so bumming that he missed Dawn and Hiram.

Poor Poor FFJ..............I guess since he won't come we can talk about him more. Bwah hah hah hah AND we can volunteer his services too. Isn't that what happens when you don't attend something.

Ok, we won't talk about you. I was just kidding!!!

FuddsGirls
05-10-2007, 09:31 PM

team teebow 2 (Cheryl)

So how about we pair Hiram up with "Dawn" and FFJ up with "Joy". If there is a woman who wants to get in on the fun, I bet "Les" would come along. Ok so thats Lestoil... Is Terry going to wear the target again this year?

Team2hunt
05-11-2007, 06:15 AM
When we have all had our fill of "the good green door", we can play....."where's FFJ?" :)

Beach Comber
05-11-2007, 06:57 PM
That's great!! Another new game related to FFJ!!

FuddsGirls
05-11-2007, 09:30 PM
When we have all had our fill of "the good green door", we can play....."where's FFJ?" :)
So who's going to PM me about the Green Door. I just can't remember. Cheryl, Tom, Brad? Must have been all thst cheesecake clouding my brain.

Beach Comber
05-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Oh, no no no, you will have to revisit the circle and join the fun :D

attroll
05-29-2007, 01:46 PM
If we have anyone that enjoys playing horseshoes. We have started work this past weekend on making a horseshoe pit. It should be completed this weekend.

FuddsGirls
05-29-2007, 02:22 PM
I forgot to send in the sizes. Is it too late?

FuddsGirls
05-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Ok I saw the answer to my question someplace else.
New question. I am having trouble builing cache pages. If I bring my laptop, will someone help me with it. Maybe when TT1 is done with the pig since Robt can't make it. I don't care about adding pictures although they are nice, I was trying to add the Geocachingmaine logo. I found where Rick put the instructions on this web sight but I still can't get it. :o

attroll
05-30-2007, 12:02 AM
Ok I saw the answer to my question someplace else.
New question. I am having trouble builing cache pages. If I bring my laptop, will someone help me with it. Maybe when TT1 is done with the pig since Robt can't make it. I don't care about adding pictures although they are nice, I was trying to add the Geocachingmaine logo. I found where Rick put the instructions on this web sight but I still can't get it. :o
Yes if you bring a laptop someone will help you. If no one does then pull me to the side and I will help you. Even if you do not bring a laptop I have computers in the house we can get on and use.

attroll
05-30-2007, 12:37 AM
I am sending out a plea for help. We could use some help with door prizes. As you can tell we are already putting a lot on money into this ourselves and could use some help with some good door prizes. Any help it would be appreciated. If you are able to help please let me know.

tat
05-30-2007, 06:23 AM
No problem Rick, I'll get something cache related.

Beach Comber
05-30-2007, 07:17 AM
I'll bring some.

Cache Maine
05-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Cache Maine is always willing to help. :)

hollora
05-30-2007, 07:59 AM
Rick - I will bring or send something.

Foxgloves
05-31-2007, 10:26 AM
I have a couple things I could donate...

attroll
05-31-2007, 12:17 PM
Thank you everyone that will bringing something to donate for prizes. We really appreciate it.

Beach Comber
05-31-2007, 02:36 PM
Happy to do it Rick! Glad that you asked. Is there anything else that you would like help with? Either monetary, setting up, cleaning up, etc.?

cape ann carol
05-31-2007, 02:55 PM
I will also bring something for door prizes.
At the last event I attended in Maine- I was amazed at all the prizes that were given out, I would be happy to help out.
I am sooo looking forward to this!!!

Cape Ann Carol

Team2hunt
05-31-2007, 05:34 PM
I'll be bringing some non caching door prizes. My garage is full of stuff I'll never use again. :p

1manteam and I will be there early to help set stuff up.

Cache Maine
05-31-2007, 08:04 PM
I'll be bringing some non caching door prizes. My garage is full of stuff I'll never use again. :p

1manteam and I will be there early to help set stuff up.

Regifting eh? Make sure to remove the To: and From: tags. LOL

hollora
05-31-2007, 10:06 PM
Regifting eh? Make sure to remove the To: and From: tags. LOL

Works for me. Remember by theory - useful = I'll take it - no matter where it is as long as its legal! LOL

Cache Maine
05-31-2007, 10:23 PM
Works for me. Remember by theory - useful = I'll take it - no matter where it is as long as its legal! LOL

I hear ya...question is, how many things in Gary's garage would be considered legal? I know he is harboring the oldest known GSAK filtering tool in there somewhere. :p

attroll
06-01-2007, 01:57 PM
OK, Tink(wife) asked me to post the list of everything we are doing for the event food and utensil wise. This way others would know what to bring if they wanted to help.

Here is what we are doing and making.
1 Pig 140 lbs
2 Turkeys 16 lbs each
Potato Salad
Brownies
Peanut Butter Fudge
Melon Plate
48 Soda’s in cans, various flavors (Sams club)
50 Veggie Burgers and rolls
Ketchup
Mustard
Relish
150 Plates
100 Forks
100 Spoons
100 Knifes
100 Cups

Breakfast
Blueberry or regular pancakes/crepes
Cinnamon Rolls
Orange Juice

Things that we need
Coffee and coffee maker
Chip
Dip
Salads ie, macaroni, toss, pasta
Deserts
Fruits
Soda's
Anything else not coverd.

cape ann carol
06-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Rick,
thanks for letting us know what is left to get.
I will bring 4-5 bags of different chips and a few dips.
thanks,
Carol

Foxgloves
06-01-2007, 03:59 PM
OK, Tink(wife) asked me to post the list of everything we are doing for the event food and utensil wise. This way others would know what to bring if they wanted to help.

Things that we need
Coffee and coffee maker
Chip
Dip
Salads ie, macaroni, toss, pasta
Deserts
Fruits
Soda's
Anything else not coverd.

I have a Cabelas 10 cup stainless steel camp coffee Percolator that I can bring. Will there be some coleman stoves on site? I can bring mine if we need another one....and can bring coffee/sugar and creamer as well....
What is the count for people camping? We may need more than (1) 10 cup coffee maker....
I have everything imaginable for camping gear so just ask if you need something...and I'll make sure I put it on my list of things to bring.....

How bout some real genuine VT maple syrup for the Sunday morning pancakes????

Everyone bringing a dish/salad, you might want to make sure you bring a serving spoon for it as well..

Lets hope for great weather.

Cache Maine
06-01-2007, 06:11 PM
mmmmmm.....brownies.

Sudonim
06-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Looks like pedalchick and I will be attending. Won't get there til later in the day, but we will be camping overnight.
I can bring another coffee maker if needed + coffee
I'll bring some cookies, soda and fruit (don't want to drive 1.5 hours on a hot day with macaroni salad in the car if you know what I mean...)

Team2hunt
06-01-2007, 08:31 PM
We'll pick up some fruit, watermelon is always good on a hot day. A few apples and what ever else looks good.

I'll also be bringing my small charcoal grill for anyone wanting to cook there own stuff.

Team2hunt
06-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Troy wants to know. What's the weapon of choice this year?

Squirt guns or water balloons?

pjpreb
06-01-2007, 08:45 PM
This sounds better and better every day! We'll be bringing a strawberry rhubard crumb cake and a "tip jar" for contributions to both this event and the web site maintanance fund.

Beach Comber
06-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Can't wait!!! Thinking of last year makes me laugh - am certainly looking forward to this year.

Will bring black bean and rice salad (cold dish) and chick pea and cranberry salad.

pjpreb
06-01-2007, 09:11 PM
I'll also bring my notary seal in case anyone *cough Dave and Lee cough** get a hankering to tie the knot. :p :p

Beach Comber
06-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Perfect!!!!
Remember last year we cheered on Hiram to go down the slip and slide? Maybe we could start a Dave and Lee chant and see if they take the bait - hehehehe

attroll
06-02-2007, 12:24 AM
I have a Cabelas 10 cup stainless steel camp coffee Percolator that I can bring. Will there be some coleman stoves on site? I can bring mine if we need another one....and can bring coffee/sugar and creamer as well....
What is the count for people camping? We may need more than (1) 10 cup coffee maker....
I have everything imaginable for camping gear so just ask if you need something...and I'll make sure I put it on my list of things to bring.....

How bout some real genuine VT maple syrup for the Sunday morning pancakes????

Everyone bringing a dish/salad, you might want to make sure you bring a serving spoon for it as well..

Lets hope for great weather.
Foxgloves, there is really no need for a coleman stove. This is at our house and we have everything you may need to cook with. We are not coffee drinkers though so we have nothing to make coffee with. If you need a coleman stove we do have one though.

If you could bring the coffee percolator that would be appreciated. Coffee sugar and creamer would be great too. I have not clue to how many people will be spending the night. I know that at least 4 with be so far. Last year we had 18 people spend the night. The camping is right in the back yard also so we have access to the house. The attendence for the evenr last year was about 123 people I think.

attroll
06-02-2007, 12:26 AM
Looks like pedalchick and I will be attending. Won't get there til later in the day, but we will be camping overnight.
I can bring another coffee maker if needed + coffee
I'll bring some cookies, soda and fruit (don't want to drive 1.5 hours on a hot day with macaroni salad in the car if you know what I mean...)
Yes Andy another coffee maker would be great. Thank you for offering again and bringing it the last two years. We look forward to seeing you both again. Will you be bringing your kayaks to paddle the event on Sunday?

attroll
06-02-2007, 12:31 AM

Tink and I bought two water balloon sling shots and plenty of water balloons to go with it. Maybe another year for the guys against the girls is in order. So maybe brining an extra set of dry cloths may be in order also.

Hiram357
06-03-2007, 09:35 AM

I'm gunna stop by the tool rental place and see if I can't rent a gas powered water cannon... :D

Hiram357
06-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Perfect!!!!
Remember last year we cheered on Hiram to go down the slip and slide? Maybe we could start a Dave and Lee chant and see if they take the bait - hehehehe

DAVE!! DAVE!! DAVE!!! DAVE!!!

Hiram357
06-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Foxgloves, there is really no need for a coleman stove. This is at our house and we have everything you may need to cook with. We are not coffee drinkers though so we have nothing to make coffee with. If you need a coleman stove we do have one though.

If you could bring the coffee percolator that would be appreciated. Coffee sugar and creamer would be great too. I have not clue to how many people will be spending the night. I know that at least 4 with be so far. Last year we had 18 people spend the night. The camping is right in the back yard also so we have access to the house. The attendence for the evenr last year was about 123 people I think.

We have a bunch of coffee (a couple pounds of pumpkin spice and some other stuff) we could bring.

Do you need any more stuff for prizes?

attroll
06-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Do you need any more stuff for prizes?
I have seven people brining prizes. I only know what one person is bringing The rest just told me they were bringing something. So if you want you can bring something else. It is up to you. Will will probably have enough. You never know though, it depends on how many people show up.

attroll
06-03-2007, 08:14 PM
We spent the morning setting up the canopy tents, making the horseshoe pit, moving vehicles around and then went shopping.

We bought the 8 bags of charcoal and lighter fluid for the pig. Everything is bought except for the last minute food stuff that Tink is going to make. All we need to do is pick up the pig and the cooker at 4 am on Saturday morning and get it started and wait for all of you to arrive around 1 pm.

We can not wait to see everyone again.

I sure hope we are not forgetting anything.

It would be nice if I could have one nice day to mow the lawn before the event though.

team teebow
06-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Rik -

You and your wife are going above and beyond the call of duty here. I just read your list of items that you are supplying and WOW!! Let me say that my family thanks you very much for your kindness.

Team Teebow will bring garden salad and some sort of dessert and some chips.

Would you like me to pick up any more cups? I can get them at Hannaford for free.

Please let us know what you might need.

team teebow
06-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Let us know if you need help with the pig.

Shirts - we haven't been on for awhile. Any updates on the shirts, payment? Maybe I should go look and see if you posted anything about them first. Just being lazy here.

attroll
06-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Rik -

You and your wife are going above and beyond the call of duty here. I just read your list of items that you are supplying and WOW!! Let me say that my family thanks you very much for your kindness.

Team Teebow will bring garden salad and some sort of dessert and some chips.

Would you like me to pick up any more cups? I can get them at Hannaford for free.

Please let us know what you might need.
Tom if you can get cups for free then go for it. We have 50 cups but may need more if we get the turnout we did last year.

As for the shirts I posted this in another thread, but just in case others missed it to. I am going to order the shirts Monday morning and you all can pay me when you get them.

team teebow
06-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Tom if you can get cups for free then go for it. We have 50 cups but may need more if we get the turnout we did last year.

As for the shirts I posted this in another thread, but just in case others missed it to. I am going to order the shirts Monday morning and you all can pay me when you get them.

Thanks Rik. I will get some cups. Thanks for all the work that you are doing for this event and on top of that oranizing the shirts. You are awesome!

CHeryl

attroll
06-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Thanks Rik. I will get some cups. Thanks for all the work that you are doing for this event and on top of that oranizing the shirts. You are awesome!

CHeryl
Ah, I thought Tom was the one saying I was awesome. :)

team teebow
06-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Ah, I thought Tom was the one saying I was awesome. :)

Oh, we both think you are awesome!!:D

Cheryl

FuddsGirls
06-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Oh, we both think you are awesome!!:D

Cheryl
If you're kissing up because you want that pig's ear again, its all yours!!

Foxgloves
06-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Rik -

DITTO!!!

You are being very generous. I hope you can find time to chill out and relax with everybody. I"m sure everyone will be happy to pitch in and help out with the cleaning up etc...DON'T be afraid to ask for help if you need it!

Foxgloves
06-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Can't wait!!! Thinking of last year makes me laugh - am certainly looking forward to this year.

Will bring black bean and rice salad (cold dish) and chick pea and cranberry salad.

Care to share your recipe for chickpea/cranberry salad!!!!!
Sounds yummy and I love cranberries!!!!

Beach Comber
06-04-2007, 10:33 PM
I will after I make it - lol
Caesar's makes one and I couldn't find it in the market one day so I made something similar - it came out pretty good in a small quantity so I am going to try a larger amount. I'm happy to share once I have made it.

If you are interested in any of the recipes for Whole Foods items, I can get those for you - my neighbor works for them and is always offering to get me info.

Foxgloves
06-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Sounds good to me!

brdad
06-06-2007, 12:09 PM
It looks like I might be attending this after all, but solo. Lee is letting someone have a yard sale here that day and feels obligated to help. I'd like to talk her into the paddling event, but haven't had much success there yet, either. I could make some more of my meatballs..... I could bring some Maine maple syrup, but it seems the panel had decided Vermont's is better. :p

attroll
06-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Great. It will be nice to see you again Dave.

I just got done mowing the lawn so that is all done. The yard is all ready for everyone. Just bring your tents/kayaks and yourselves and anything else you want.

Beach Comber
06-06-2007, 03:00 PM
It looks like I might be attending this after all

It was the mention of my black bean and rice casserole that made you change your mind - I just KNOW it!!

Haffy
06-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Dave eat rice and beans? :confused: I highly doubt it, he is a meat and potatoes man huh Dave. ;)

brdad
06-06-2007, 04:36 PM
I'll eat rice and beans as long as I have some meat and potatoes to go with them. :D

And the more likely reason I am coming is because Lee needs a day off from me!

hollora
06-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Whoo Hoo - Ralph is always ready for me to give him a break. LOL

Beach Comber
06-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Dave eat rice and beans? :confused: I highly doubt it, he is a meat and potatoes man huh Dave. ;)

You'd be surprised - he EVEN asked me for the recipe last year!!!

Haffy
06-06-2007, 07:35 PM
I think he was just trying to look good for Lee.....lol

Beach Comber
06-06-2007, 08:14 PM
LOL, ya think?

attroll
06-07-2007, 12:14 AM
OK, here is a cry for help. We need at least one kids game for the event. Karen did one last year, but I have not heard hide nor hair from Karen in a long time. We will have the slip-n-slide for the kids and some water fun stuff and board games and things to do around the house, but I think we should have some type of geocaching game though for the kids.

If anyone is willing to help us with this please let us know.

Hiram357
06-07-2007, 07:22 AM
OK, here is a cry for help. We need at least one kids game for the event. Karen did one last year, but I have not heard hide nor hair from Karen in a long time. We will have the slip-n-slide for the kids and some water fun stuff and board games and things to do around the house, but I think we should have some type of geocaching game though for the kids.

If anyone is willing to help us with this please let us know.

I have two ammo cans I can bring, I'm sure we can find a good place for em :D

Foxgloves
06-07-2007, 10:07 AM
I don't really have any kids games per se but I have some "big kids" games I was wondering if I should bring for us ......uh....adults;)

Does anyone play backgammon? I'll bring my board if anyone is interested.

I also have the game "catchphrase" which is alot of fun with teams...
anyone familiar with it?

I'll bring them along just in case.....

Cache Maine
06-07-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm sure the adults will bring things to take through the good green door...

team teebow
06-07-2007, 10:53 AM

I am trying to remember how to get through the good green door. I think I may have it. Let's see..........

Can I bring Poopy poodle through the good green door? I promise I will pick up his poo.

Cheryl

attroll
06-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Tink and I also ordered 1/2 a sheet cake that I forgot to post in the things we are doing.

I think we might have the kids games covered now. Karen wrote me and she is going to try and help us out with them if she can squeeze it in. That does not mean we can not have more then one, so if anyone else has something lets hear it.

Cache Maine
06-07-2007, 12:14 PM
I am trying to remember how to get through the good green door. I think I may have it. Let's see..........

Can I bring Poopy poodle through the good green door? I promise I will pick up his poo.

Cheryl

Okay, as long as you pick it up with a spoon. :rolleyes:

attroll
06-07-2007, 01:26 PM
I am going to try and get Tink to work on a banner for the front of the house tonight. i don't know if she has the time but I am going to try an sweet talk her into it.

Beach Comber
06-07-2007, 02:01 PM
I am going to try and get Tink to work on a banner for the front of the house tonight. i don't know if she has the time but I am going to try an sweet talk her into it.

I'm sure you'll think of something that will strike her fancy!!

Hiram357
06-07-2007, 02:35 PM

I was going to leave the good green door at home and bring the big brown box.... :D

I think we might have the kids games covered now. Karen wrote me and she is going to try and help us out with them if she can squeeze it in. That does not mean we can not have more then one, so if anyone else has something lets hear it.

should I bring the ammo cans for a kids cache?

Sudonim
06-07-2007, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=Foxgloves;32280]
Does anyone play backgammon? I'll bring my board if anyone is interested.
Backgammon sounds good to me, been a while since I played against a human, and the computer doesn't give very good conversation.:p

Haffy
06-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Better make sure the backgammon table is waterproof!!!!

Sudonim
06-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Better make sure the backgammon table is waterproof!!!!
Oh, yeah... you don't normally hear "INCOMING!!!" when playing backgammon:eek: :p

Team2hunt
06-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Oh, yeah... you don't normally hear "INCOMING!!!" when playing backgammon:eek: :p

I'm not sue that is what Haffy meant...but that is funny! :D

hollora
06-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Rain - waterballons, jet pumps - I am thinking I need several changes of clothes or just enjoy being wet! LOL

Used to play backgammon but have forgotten all I knew. Does anyone play cribbage? But I think there will be more to do than sit down to board games.

Hiram357
06-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Is the event a go? rain or shine?

Haffy
06-07-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm not sue that is what Haffy meant...but that is funny! :D

That's exactly what I meant. :D

team teebow
06-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Okay, as long as you pick it up with a spoon. :rolleyes:

No problem I will bring a spoon or maybe a scoop.:)

Haffy
06-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Always has been. You afraid of a little rain there? Shouldn't bother you now should it?

hollora
06-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Umbrella, ground cloth, rain coat, towels, ezze-up, a good attitude, a non-melt personality - what else do we need beside = food, fun, frolic and friendships!

Hiram357
06-07-2007, 09:44 PM
I've got plenty of tarps :D

but will the event still go on if its a stormy rainy kinda day?

FuddsGirls
06-07-2007, 11:16 PM
I've got plenty of tarps :D

but will the event still go on if its a stormy rainy kinda day?

Are you afraid the slip and slide might get wet? It is going to rain and there will be an event. I don't think Rick and Tink can eat a whole pig without help.

FuddsGirls
06-07-2007, 11:19 PM
Ok so I need to know if I can go through that darn door. Can Deb go through the dark darn door?

I'll try that for now...:confused:

FuddsGirls
06-07-2007, 11:36 PM
Ha...
Fudd and Debby can but their girls can't. Maybe some of the other kiddos will though.

attroll
06-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Is the event a go? rain or shine?

Yes it is a go rain or shine. Like someone said Donna and I can not eat a 140 lb pig by ourselves. If we do get any type of rain we have a 8 x 20 and and two 10 x 10 canopies and Hiren is bringing something and we also have plenty of tarps. But we are not going to get rain.

should I bring the ammo cans for a kids cache?
Yes please just in case we need it. We need some help placing some kids caches or setting up some caching games for the kids. Karen was not able to come through for use. So if someone wants to volenteer top come a little early and help set up some kids caches or a kids game please do so and let us know.

attroll
06-08-2007, 01:14 AM
We are going to get the following bouncing house set up for the younger kids. I am talking able the very young kids.

http://www.bouncelandfun.com/popup_image.php?pID=48

Kaching Karen
06-08-2007, 06:21 AM
Sorry, I've been so flaky on this. I have little time between now and Rick's event. Running a kids cache, the way I do it, means everyone gets prizes (okay, I'm a softy). It can be costly and I really don't have the time (and money) to run out and get 20+ prizes. At one event I went to in Nova Scotia, they had a collection box for donations for the kid's cache. I've toyed with the idea, but have my reasons to hesitate. Another thing that is hard about a kids cache is that you never know the numbers to expect. Anyways, see you all tomorrow!

FuddsGirls
06-08-2007, 07:13 AM
What about a scavenger hunt on paper where the kids need to find certain people or something in common with a geocacher, like KK did at another event. My kids loved that and the younger kids who don't know how to use a GPS can play. I don't know enough about most people. Maybe we could come up with a few each and compile there if Rick has a printer.

Hiram357
06-08-2007, 07:26 AM
Yes it is a go rain or shine.

woo hoo!! :D

Cache Maine
06-08-2007, 08:27 AM
I'm bringing my pet rock army. If you would like one of your very own, all you have to do is come find Cache Maine at the event on Saturday and tell them a very unique name for your new pet rock. If the name "rocks," then we will give you one. They come in their own little home, with sand and a pin so you can pin them right on to your shirt (or lanyard! :) )

Here is a picture before we put them in their cages...

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/gallery/data/500/rock_army_0021.jpg

brdad
06-08-2007, 08:41 AM
It can't be any wetter than it was at the 2nd Annual BBQ cache event (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=135737) (GCJB1H) by Geochicks (http://www.geocaching.com/profile/default.asp?A=121818) (1/1). Anyone remember that day?

I also remember it raining at an Agamenticus event, which I didn't make it to

attroll
06-08-2007, 09:21 AM
It can't be any wetter than it was at the 2nd Annual BBQ cache event (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=135737) (GCJB1H) by Geochicks (http://www.geocaching.com/profile/default.asp?A=121818) (1/1). Anyone remember that day?

I also remember it raining at an Agamenticus event, which I didn't make it to

Yes I remember that day. That was our very first event we ever attended. We were all huddled in the little room about 1/2 the size of a one car garage. It did clear up later in the day though. I still have to say we had a good time and look where we are now. That was where the Geocaching Maine pretty much originally started.

Steve'sSister
06-08-2007, 09:54 AM
I would be happy to type up and print out a scavenger hunt list later today. Does anyone know how many kids are expected? approximate ages? Of course kids can team up with others or with adults.
What would be nice is some suggestions for people on what to put on the scavenger hunt list. Having never been to an event like this, I can only imagine the possibilitites! Post them here and I will come up with a list or two. Thanks.

Steve'sSister
06-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Also, I will look through what I have for kid's swag etc... for prizes. If people are willing to bring a couple of things to throw in, the kids could choose their prize when they have completed the hunt- so everyone does win! The ones who finish first will obviously get a better choice, but with the variety of ages and choices, it should all work out. I'll also look at gathering plenty of pencils which I have plenty of, for those things they need to write and/or check off.

Sudonim
06-08-2007, 10:04 AM
1. Find someone who's done an underwater cache or climbing(need ropes/gear)
2. Someone who's gotten a cache in Europe, Asia, some far away place.
3. Someone who's found a 5/5 cache

brdad
06-08-2007, 10:20 AM
4. Someone who's been to Old470 at least 4 times ;-)
5. Someone who hasn't found a LPC
6. Someone that this is their first event.
7. Someone who has 1000+ finds and no hides. Actually, scratch that, can't be anyone that'd do that....

Cache Maine
06-08-2007, 10:24 AM
8. Someone who has signed the "Cindy the Cinderblock" tb.
9. Someone who has more than 20 hides.
10. A vehicle that is also a travel bug. (jot down plate number or find owner)
11. someone who attended Geowoodstock 5.
12. Someone who has met Jeremy Irish.

cape ann carol
06-08-2007, 10:48 AM
I also picked up some water guns and water balls for prizes,

see you all tomor!

attroll
06-08-2007, 11:36 AM
I also picked up some water guns and water balls for prizes,

see you all tomor!
Yes we did that also. We bought about 10 water guns and tons of balloons and two group water sling shots and a few other assortments. The more the merrier.

attroll
06-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Been up all morning getting things done and tables set up and cleaning the yard the best I could. I sure hope we have a good turn out.

Oh one more note I also forgot to mention that is new this year. We bought a new frig this past year so we have our old one set up outside. If anyone needs space to put things in a frig we have a whole frig outside for everyone to use.

WhereRWe?
06-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Oh one more note I also forgot to mention that is new this year. We bought a new frig this past year so we have our old one set up outside. If anyone needs space to put things in a frig we have a whole frig outside for everyone to use.

Hmmm... Why do I think that Rick will get a lot of kidding about this message tomorrow? LOL!

brdad
06-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Hmmm... Why do I think that Rick will get a lot of kidding about this message tomorrow? LOL!

Oh, come on - leave the fridging guy alone!

Hiram357
06-08-2007, 02:13 PM
10. A vehicle that is also a travel bug. (jot down plate number or find owner)

Mine's not on the license plate, I actually riveted the TB to the Jeep. :D

attroll
06-08-2007, 02:22 PM
I am looking for a loud Pig Call. The type that says SOOOIEW. If someone can find me one please send it to me in an email.

Beach Comber
06-08-2007, 02:58 PM
4. Someone who's been to Old470 at least 4 times ;-)
5. Someone who hasn't found a LPC
6. Someone that this is their first event.
7. Someone who has 1000+ finds and no hides. Actually, scratch that, can't be anyone that'd do that....

How about someone that doesn't know what an LPC is? I don't think I've found one!

Sudonim
06-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Mine's not on the license plate, I actually riveted the TB to the Jeep. :D

THAT's not going to rust :rolleyes:

Sudonim
06-08-2007, 03:44 PM

Ouch...looks like the wedding might be on hold!:p

Team2hunt
06-08-2007, 04:13 PM
1manteam and I will be up early, say around 10:30 to help out in any way we can. Rain or shine! :) :)

hollora
06-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Kayaker Event Famous cheese dip is made per request!:D Also, a fresh fruit salad is blending in the fridge. If the weather is drizzly, I will be down early enough to try and get the extra shelters up.;)

It sounded like even without rain that there might be some water anyway.:rolleyes: So, what's a little drizzle?

See you all tomorrow.:)

Hiram357
06-08-2007, 05:51 PM
THAT's not going to rust :rolleyes:

nope, the new TBs are aluminum, and i used aluminum rivets, and siliconed the back of the TB to make it waterproof... lol the jeep will rust out long before the TB does... :D

Steve'sSister
06-08-2007, 06:44 PM
I decided to make 2 lists- already did one for kids that will make them look for things and ask a few questions but nothing too intimidating!

Now I could use more help with a list for adults- which I suppose will make people have to get to know each other. More suggestions, please? THat is if you would like one for the adults...??

brdad
06-08-2007, 06:57 PM
How about someone that doesn't know what an LPC is? I don't think I've found one!

LPC = Lamp Post Cache

WhereRWe?
06-08-2007, 07:03 PM
I plan on bringing a watermelon. Sheesh! What's a good-old southern style barbecue without watermelon?

I'll also bring some hot sauce - can't have pork without hot sauce!

Anyone bringing the fried okra and the hush puppies???

;) ;)

Cache Maine
06-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Someone who has a tb or geocoin currently traveling abroad
Someone who has not found any locationless caches
Someone who is a vegetarian
Someone who has found more than 25 caches in one day
Someone who has a Groundspeak Lackey coin
Someone who runs more than one website
Someone who has found an earthcache
Someone who has placed a Maine Rose Series cache
Someone who has completed the Maine Delorme Challenge
Someone who has completed another delorme challenge, besides Maine
Someone who traveled from another state to attend this event

Steve'sSister
06-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks, Cache Maine. I only had a couple of those. I'm all set with the list now unless anyone wants to add more- I'll check back later.

team teebow
06-08-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm bringing my pet rock army. If you would like one of your very own, all you have to do is come find Cache Maine at the event on Saturday and tell them a very unique name for your new pet rock. If the name "rocks," then we will give you one. They come in their own little home, with sand and a pin so you can pin them right on to your shirt (or lanyard! :) )

That is the cutest army I have ever seen. My daughter is working on a name right now. You always come up with clever ideas.

Cheryl

hollora
06-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Also have done a bingo sheet which I emailed to Rick but no infringement on anything you are doing. There may be a tad of overlap but nothing wrong with that at all.

I went to the dollar store and picked up some stuff for the kids (younger ones not older ones). I don't have a lot but I do have some stuff.

Does anyone know how many kids are coming (staying, ages?)? I have a croquet set which I could bring if there is any interest. Will check back later. Also have bocci ball - interest?

Thanks to all who are working on this to make it fun.

hollora
06-08-2007, 07:51 PM
If you would like one of your very own, all you have to do is come find Cache Maine at the event on Saturday and tell them a very unique name for your new pet rock. If the name "rocks," then we will give you one. They come in their own little home, with sand and a pin so you can pin them right on to your shirt (or lanyard!) :)

Of course, these are too cute! Cache Maine has a knack for developing great, fun things.

My little pal is coming with me. General Believe It Or Not (Bion) reminds me every day that there are things that sometimes are beyond explanation.:D Gen. Bion is attached to my cache bag and will travel with me from cache to cache and event to event. Thanks for sharing him early.:)

PS - Ralph is glad he is going on a mission and moving off the kitchen table LOL!:eek:

Foxgloves
06-08-2007, 07:53 PM

Rick you are too AWESOME! You've thought of everything....!!!!!!:)

Foxgloves
06-08-2007, 07:56 PM
I'm bringing my pet rock army. .........They come in their own little home, with sand and a pin so you can pin them right on to your shirt (or lanyard! :) )

They are so adorable ! They look like partially melted Hershey Kisses w/ eyes ;)

hollora
06-08-2007, 08:25 PM
They are so adorable ! They look like partially melted Hershey Kisses w/ eyes ;)

Mummmm, Hershey Kisses - yummmm! To eat not to adore!;)

brdad
06-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Lee has picked out a name as well, I hope that qualifies even if she isn't going to make it.

Beach Comber
06-08-2007, 11:47 PM
I want one, I want one!!!

attroll
06-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Also have done a bingo sheet which I emailed to Rick but no infringement on anything you are doing. There may be a tad of overlap but nothing wrong with that at all.

I went to the dollar store and picked up some stuff for the kids (younger ones not older ones). I don't have a lot but I do have some stuff.

Does anyone know how many kids are coming (staying, ages?)? I have a croquet set which I could bring if there is any interest. Will check back later. Also have bocci ball - interest?

Thanks to all who are working on this to make it fun.

It will not hurt to have two bingo sheets or list to do. I have a bunch of dollar store prizes too and by the sounds of it now we should have plenty of prizes for the kids if everyone pulls though that said they would.

I would not recommend the croquet set. We have a slopping hill in the back yard and they kids would be chasing the balls all the time. You will see what I mean when you get here.

Mainiac1957
06-09-2007, 04:54 AM
So the forecast isn't quite as awesome as last year, so what. The pig will be good, the company better. I will be leaving Brewer early and doing some caching in the Augusta area before I head to Litchfield. Anyone wishing to join me can hit my cell if you know it or I'll check my laptop once I get there if you PM me a contact number. See you all there!!

brdad
06-09-2007, 06:30 AM
I will be coming soon as well, I have a couple stops to make. I am bringing a coin to raffle off, bring a few extra dollar bills if you think you might be interested.

attroll
06-09-2007, 07:11 AM
The pig is on and it started cooking at about 5:30 and it should be done about 1:30 or sooner (noon) if all goes well. I only got about 1 1/2 hour sleep last night so I am going out in the woods about 50 yard behind the pig and setting up my hammock and going to take a nap. If anyone gets here and can not find anyone up yet look for the hammock behind the pig in the woods and yell.

Starzz
06-09-2007, 07:23 AM
The pig is on and it started cooking at about 5:30 and it should be done about 1:30 or sooner (noon) if all goes well. I only got about 1 1/2 hour sleep last night so I am going out in the woods about 50 yard behind the pig and setting up my hammock and going to take a nap. If anyone gets here and can not find anyone up yet look for the hammock behind the pig in the woods and yell.

Make sure you bring a bucket of cold water to wake the sleeping person! :D

Sudonim
06-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Pedalchick and I will be leaving Bangor around 11am. See you there.

Team2hunt
06-09-2007, 08:36 AM

SEWWWWEEEEE!!

Hiram357
06-09-2007, 09:02 AM
I plan on bringing a watermelon. Sheesh! What's a good-old southern style barbecue without watermelon?

I'll also bring some hot sauce - can't have pork without hot sauce!

Anyone bringing the fried okra and the hush puppies???

;) ;)

hey, uh bruce... is that watermelon going to have a hole cut into it.... maybe pour something into it and let it sit overnight.... ;) :D

WhereRWe?
06-09-2007, 06:22 PM
hey, uh bruce... is that watermelon going to have a hole cut into it.... maybe pour something into it and let it sit overnight.... ;) :D

Sheesh! I brought the watermelon and Hiram didn't have anything to put in the hole! Oh well, glad there was plenty of everything else! Wow! What a feed! Thanks to Rick and Donna for an outstanding event. :D :D

team teebow
06-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Outstanding, fantastic, excellent!! Everything was just fabulous. DONNA and Rik out did themselves once again. Thanks for inviting us to your home and allowing us to hang out.

The girls loved the slip-n-slide.

Thanks Cache Maine for the pet rocks. Solid, Micah, Jebediah and Lance are all sleeping now. They had a very busy day hanging out at the event.:D

attroll
06-10-2007, 12:21 AM
Here are the video highlights of the evening.

I moved the video to youtube and you can view it at this link.

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/showpost.php?p=32400&postcount=170

FuddsGirls
06-10-2007, 08:08 AM
Too fun. It was difficult to wake the girls this morning. Wish we could ahve stayed to do the night caching and the paddle trip. Haley has collected all our pet rocks and her sister wants hers back. How did that whip cream shampoo smell this morning? Pictures posted.

Medawisla
06-10-2007, 06:41 PM
THANK YOU!!!! Donna, Rick, and EVERYONE who helped with the event!!! It was so much fun, food, and friendship!!!

Thanks to Cameoooooooo for the pet rocks! While Hiram's "Blarney" is in the cache bag,:rolleyes: my lil' Pebbles is on my dresser :D

OH and whip cream smells really bad after a day or so...:mad: :p but that was funny! tehehe

Beach Comber
06-10-2007, 08:12 PM
For those who asked for the salad recipe and I didn't pass it along as promised, here you go.........

Chick Pea and Cranberry Salad
2 large cans Chick peas
½ cup Diced red onion
1 tbsp Parsley
1 ½ cups Dried cranberries
6 tbsp Seasoned rice vinegar
3 tbsp Olive oil
½ tsp Garlic powder
½ Diced green pepper

hollora
06-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Thank you Beachie - may we have the other one too please...............

attroll
06-11-2007, 01:43 PM
In order to save bandwidth on this site I posted the video of this weekend on youtube and I will remove the one from this site. I also did some changes to the video.

4MNmDJX3vfU

Hiram357
06-11-2007, 03:53 PM
ROFLMAO!!!! :D :D :D I love the music additions! (I liked the Hiram for President title though...) I think it deserves an acedemy award. ;) :rolleyes: :D

Beach Comber
06-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Thank you Beachie - may we have the other one too please...............

Sure thing........

Black Bean and Rice Salad
10 cup Cooked basmati rice
1 lg can Black Beans
1 med can Corn
1 Diced red pepper
½ cup Diced red onion
¾ - 1 cup Seasoned rice vinegar
1 ½ tsp Cumin
½ tsp Cayenne pepper

Beach Comber
06-11-2007, 06:51 PM
The video is a riot!! What a group - I have been laughing and laughing and laughing.

FuddsGirls
06-11-2007, 09:28 PM
The video is a riot!! What a group - I have been laughing and laughing and laughing.
Its a drag.. I'm on dial up and haven't been patient enough to wait. I'll have to remember sometime while I'm out to viw it on wireless. Can I use your yard Rick?

Foxgloves
06-11-2007, 09:56 PM
That video is hilarious! Love the music in the background...for the balloon.

Hiram, I think you should be a stand up comedian..:D

The games and the laughter will go down as one of my best memories around a campfire. Yoo guys are great!
Thank you everyone for a wonderful time!

Foxgloves
06-11-2007, 10:00 PM
For those of you who wanted my Tabouli Salad recipe...I need to find it on my computer. I can't seem to find it. I may need to retype it...

When I do I will post it...

attroll
06-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Its a drag.. I'm on dial up and haven't been patient enough to wait. I'll have to remember sometime while I'm out to viw it on wireless. Can I use your yard Rick?
Sure if you want to come to the house and park and use the wireless just let me know ahead of time so I can enable it.

Hiram357
06-12-2007, 07:38 AM
Hiram, I think you should be a stand up comedian..:D

I would... but I don't want to starve... :rolleyes: :D

attroll
06-12-2007, 12:02 PM
OK, I have finished with the event video and the final cut is all done with the youtube video. Here it is. I changed the opening scene and made the viewing screen larger and added some more footage to the end of the video.

54_YVbpSUg0

Beach Comber
06-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Too funny! What an amazing amount of entertainment a balloon can be - who knew!

teamdozer12
06-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Great video!!

hollora
06-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Thanks Rick for all the effort put into the edit on the video. It was great!

Hiram357
06-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Very Nice! (but i think you have wayyyy too much free time) :D :D :D

Foxgloves
06-13-2007, 07:50 AM
That video is great Rick! Good choice of music in the background...;)

PLMerry
06-15-2007, 10:48 PM
I know I am new here, but I actually watched the video and read half of this topic and I'm still willing to post a reply. That must account for something.

I have an idea to get Jake to an event, of course I can't post it here where Jake can see it so just drop me a line if interested.

Also, I searched here, ME GC Assoc, and GC.com but could not find any upcoming avents. Even getting together for Pizza and coffee would be fun. Maybe I am blind.

I will be here for the next 7+/- weeks and would love to meet some of maniac cachers before I leave. I know there are some near by me in East Berlin. I also have found the pizza place behind the Cumberland Farms in Fairfield.

attroll
06-15-2007, 11:37 PM
The next event that is upcoming it going to be the Tread Lightly 2007 event. I believe that is schedule for 28 and 29 July, but it is not posted yet. That is up near Topsfield. It is an overnighter. It is for 4 wheel drive cars or trucks. You do not have to own one to attend. The camping area allows and vehicles, but the off roading you will need a 4 x 4 for. There is usually someone with an empty seat though. It is not extreme off road riding either so you do not have to worry.

If you going to leave before that then we have to see if we can get a bunch together for a event before then.

I am evented out right now and still picking up from the last event, so I don't have time to put another one on yet. I am sure if you ask, then someone will help you with and event or may even put one on.

hollora
06-16-2007, 07:50 AM
Unity House of Pizza is a favorite place - everyone likes it. And Jake might even come.........LOL Welcome PLMerry!