View Full Version : Ticks

Gump & Gumpette
05-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Just a reminder to every one to check yourself and pets for ticks after being out in the great outdoors..I've already found 3 of them after being outside.

brdad
05-11-2007, 02:53 PM
I think ticks should be added to the list of known terrorists!

There doesn't seem to be as many up my way, but every time we go to Southern Maine they are on our minds a lot.

WhereRWe?
05-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Just a reminder to every one to check yourself and pets for ticks after being out in the great outdoors..I've already found 3 of them after being outside.

We've never had ticks in our area that I've seen, but if they're in Clinton (30 miles south), they're bound to be in our area soon!

(But we have a guinea hen, which is supposed to LOVE ticks! We'll see...)

:D :D

hide_from_the_kids
05-19-2007, 10:58 PM
I would love to have the guinea hen sit on my shoulder while I go hiking. I seem to be the tick magnet this year and have picked no fewer then two dozen off myself so far. Only a couple of the kiddos and a couple off my husband . . . and no I am not rolling around on the ground :)

No bites yet though.

Hiram357
05-19-2007, 11:04 PM
I would love to have the guinea hen sit on my shoulder while I go hiking. I seem to be the tick magnet this year and have picked no fewer then two dozen off myself so far. Only a couple of the kiddos and a couple off my husband . . . and no I am not rolling around on the ground :)

No bites yet though.

You're not riding a moose around are ya??? :rolleyes: :D

hide_from_the_kids
05-19-2007, 11:15 PM
Nope, no moose, but certainly a thought :) It has been horrible this year. I have given up caring until I pick one or two off and then I have the creepy crawlies :(

Could be worse, they could be biting.

My sister wants to go to Deer Island in Richmond . . . I said no way. Can you believe how many deer ticks there would be there!