View Full Version : Watchout for my enormous GreenHorn

The KevDog
05-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Greetings and Salucachings to all. Yes the rumor in the woods is true. I am a GPS/geoclashing rookie. I say clashing as my knowledge and instinctive ability to find some amazing places that very few ever see and even fewer shouldn't see, combined with the electrified pocket wallet that shows maps, points north, knows where I was, how I got there, how high I am, and how fast it happened are not smoking the peace pipe together. There's no way for me to input my personal notes that I make as I cruise around via the DeLorme "Don't let me get lost bible." I know some jaw dropping lock'emups that I could put up a cache or ten at and contribute to the cause. Everyone goes to Angel Falls or Evans Notch, but who goes to #&$%@* and *$(#&!hr^* on the way there?

Enjoy enjoying your enjoyment

The KevDog :eek:
get lost and find

FuddsGirls
05-26-2007, 10:07 PM
What? What did you just say? I had to read that 3 times and still didn't get it all. If you are introducing yourself, glad to see you here! Welcome. Enjoy the fun and look through the forums to get some great information, help, and inside knowledge:D

attroll
05-26-2007, 11:12 PM
Welcome aboard The KevDog. I look forward to your placed caches. This is the reason I got into geocaching. I am not in it for the number but for going to unique places.

brdad
05-27-2007, 07:26 AM
That's quite a mouthfull for a first post! Hope you stand behind what you say, would love to see some places I would not know about otherwise.

Welcome to the place to be for Maine Geocaching!

The KevDog
05-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks folks.. You guys are swell. I feel... like part of ..a... geocaching community, this is very special. Sorry Mistress' O' Fudd for rattling your dome more than you were willing to handle so early in my freshman at bat.

B'dad if its ok I'ld like to sling another mouthful..B'cuz eyem excited of what I went out for.

For my first hunt I chose Her Highness' (KG's) hide 'Friday 13th.' I knew the locale, I fling flies right there quite often. It took me a bit because I was not looking the right way. This is fun. Its quite rewarding in a very simple primitive fashion, similar to bocce ball; throw rocks - hide n seek. Its great.!! I'm hooked. Oh and I threw a fly before I left n stung a nice brookie.

I'm with you At&t, I could care less about how many whatevers are tracked. Gi'me the sweet secret spots that makes the rejuvenation of internal energy heavenly.

O'Fudd send me your address I'll send you a thesaurus to translate all of this.

GO SOX
'm out

Haffy
05-27-2007, 05:55 PM
I got the GO SOX bit....lol

FuddsGirls
05-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks folks.. You guys are swell. I feel... like part of ..a... geocaching community, this is very special. Sorry Mistress' O' Fudd for rattling your dome more than you were willing to handle so early in my freshman at bat.

O'Fudd send me your address I'll send you a thesaurus to translate all of this.

GO SOX
'm out
Hey KevDog, are you picking on me already:confused: ? You have to wait until I meet you at an event for that. I see T2H laughing at me already. :D We could use another good story teller around here, and with a sense of humor (I hope). :o

Team2hunt
05-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Hey KevDog, are you picking on me already:confused: ? You have to wait until I meet you at an event for that. I see T2H laughing at me already. :D We could use another good story teller around here, and with a sense of humor (I hope). :o

Hey! That's not fair! Well............ok it IS...but!! :p

Cache Maine
05-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Hey T2H, we might need that nice filter you have...

FuddsGirls
05-28-2007, 07:36 PM
OK now. I was teasing and I'm not sure everyone knows me well enough to get my bad humor. Last thing I want to do is step on any toes, really. Please forget I said anything other than welcome here.

Team2hunt
05-28-2007, 08:10 PM
OK now. I was teasing and I'm not sure everyone knows me well enough to get my bad humor. Last thing I want to do is step on any toes, really. Please forget I said anything other than welcome here.

Hey that's OK Deb. We know not to take you too seriously. I like it when I'm the brunt of a good joke. The guys in NC seemed to think so too. They poked fun at my inability to take the shortest route to the cache. I like taking them on the guided tour of those little towns along the way.

hollora
05-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Est-il 8:00 encore ?....:) heeee, heeee, heee.......you are a great tour guide. Is is 8 o'clock again? Oui!

Cache Maine
05-28-2007, 09:40 PM
If Gary had his PDA, he might know what time it is.....Did anyone notice who retrieved it from GW5? LOL

hollora
05-28-2007, 09:48 PM
TAT! He just logged it............and as we would suspect - did not know the Whole story! He does now.