View Full Version : Re: It's all about the numbers, right? :)

firefighterjake
05-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Sometimes I know I should just stay home and not even try to geocache.

Number of miles put on the beater car while geocaching: 254 . . . as I drove to LA and then up to Dexter

Number of DNFS for the day: 5 . . . my most ever in one day's attempt

Number of cache finds for the day: 3

Number of destroyed caches: 1 . . . it appears as though a TB Hotel was muggled

Number of saved TBs from the destroyed cache: 1 . . . found about 10 feet away in the leafs

What my beater car gets for gas mileage: 35 mpg . . . thank goodness

What I paid in gas today: $40 approximately (I gassed up at the end of the day and decided that I deserved to buy some mint chocolate ice cream for dessert tonight after today's abyssmal caching

Number of cachers that I met while out and about today: 1 . . . ran into Becket . . . this is the second time we have met while out geocaching at the same time

becket
05-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Number of cachers that I met while out and about today: 1 . . . ran into Becket . . . this is the second time we have met while out geocaching at the same timethen i'd say that your day was a success! :D :D :D :eek: :rolleyes:

FuddsGirls
05-28-2007, 10:56 AM
I've only run into geocachers twice while out on the trails and I didn't know them. I'd love to just run into one of you that I've met, or haven't in Jake's case. I've been geocaching in someone's town and wonder if they were anywhere around the area. LA isn't far for us, and we've tried several times, but we are not stealthy enough with the kids for quite a few of those and the city driving makes us nuts. Hey you rescued someone's TB, will you be a new member of the Rescue Rangers?

Hiram357
05-28-2007, 01:50 PM
HA!! I knew deep down you were a numbers person!!!! I thought you were on our side!!! :D :p ;)

(Magellan user!!!:p)

hollora
05-28-2007, 03:49 PM
FFJ - member of TGIF = I am sorry but perhaps Corinna was muggled. Will disable and reactivate. Back home and will be in touch soon.

Hiram357
05-28-2007, 06:09 PM
FFJ - member of TGIF = I am sorry but perhaps Corinna was muggled. Will disable and reactivate. Back home and will be in touch soon.

whats TGIF?

firefighterjake
05-28-2007, 07:23 PM
I've only run into geocachers twice while out on the trails and I didn't know them. I'd love to just run into one of you that I've met, or haven't in Jake's case. I've been geocaching in someone's town and wonder if they were anywhere around the area. LA isn't far for us, and we've tried several times, but we are not stealthy enough with the kids for quite a few of those and the city driving makes us nuts. Hey you rescued someone's TB, will you be a new member of the Rescue Rangers?

I don't know . . . my understanding is that the Rescue Rangers is an elite corp of men and women who are willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to insure that no cache or TB is left behind. This creme de la creme of geocachers knows no physical limitations and will not rest until their mission is accomplished . . . . kind of like geocaching green berets minus the berets (although maybe we could take up a collection to purchase them some cute French hats.;):D) In this case I simply was the good samaritan, the helpful bystander, etc. who just happened to be there at the right time and right place.:D

firefighterjake
05-28-2007, 07:25 PM
HA!! I knew deep down you were a numbers person!!!! I thought you were on our side!!! :D :p ;)

(Magellan user!!!:p)

It was a bad numbers day though.

firefighterjake
05-28-2007, 07:27 PM

Ah, it was just another in a long line of DNFs for the day so I can't say I was surprised. :(Nice area though . . . and this wasn't a total bust. I was able to talk a bit to some brother firefighters from Corinna about a house fire the night before and talk shop.

Mainiac1957
05-28-2007, 07:29 PM
. . . . kind of like geocaching green berets minus the berets (although maybe we could take up a collection to purchase them some cute French hats

For your information sir.... I wear a Tilley!:p

But a foofy french hat would be fine too:rolleyes:

firefighterjake
05-28-2007, 07:29 PM
whats TGIF?

Tough, Gory and Impossible to Find Caches? ;):D

No, really it's just something Becket, Hollora and I dubbed ourselves as we did several days of Friday afternoon caching last summer . . . hence Thank God It's Friday.

Mainiac1957
05-28-2007, 07:34 PM
2 cars

4 cachers

10 days

16 states

2 mega events

2 regular events

200+ caches found

just under 3000 miles

too many new aquaintinces to count

and way way more gas than I care to even think about:eek:

And this was just part of the Maine crew who went to GW5

attroll
05-28-2007, 07:56 PM
2 cars

4 cachers

10 days

16 states

2 mega events

2 regular events

200+ caches found

just under 3000 miles

too many new aquaintinces to count

and way way more gas than I care to even think about:eek:

And this was just part of the Maine crew who went to GW5
Can you say "My name is Brad and I am a geoholic". :)

firefighterjake
05-28-2007, 07:57 PM
For your information sir.... I wear a Tilley!:p

But a foofy french hat would be fine too:rolleyes:

Pictures needed please. :D:eek:

hollora
05-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Oh Jake - I have some of the Cache Maine adventure there - just need to get organzied.

hollora
05-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Pictures needed please. :D:eek:

Decided to get the group shot and another posted now for your viewing pleasure. Also, I should mention there were 4 other folks from Maine who attended. I just didn't formally meet them or know their names (help me here GW5 crew).

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i188/hollora/Geowoodstock/101_4157.jpg

hollora
05-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Shot #2

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i188/hollora/Geowoodstock/101_4162.jpg

Cache Maine
05-28-2007, 09:33 PM
For those who don't know...

Shot #1 is Mainiac1957, kayakerinme, Cache Maine (and 2), Tat, WhereRWe?, RULost2?, Hollora and Team2Hunt.

In Shot #2 is Team2Hunt, Mainiac1957, Tat, and GPSFUN.

hollora
05-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the detail Cache Maine - I forgot that piece.........then again....have you seen my.......? LOL! Actually I believe I have everything!

Cache Maine
05-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Nope....I have your cig lighter splitter. he he heh Almost though, considering all the things that "were" lost. He he heh.