View Full Version : RE: Heading south . . . out of contact for awhile

firefighterjake
05-30-2007, 08:05 PM
I just wanted to let folks know that I'll probably be off the proverbial radar screen here for a while as I'm going down to the National Fire Protection Association Conference and Exposition in Boston starting tomorrow and running until next Friday. Yes . . . it's really educational. Yes . . . I intend to do some sight-seeing. And yes . . . if I get half a chance I'll try some caches down there.

I mainly wanted to let my friends . . . OK, you folks who frequent here . . . that I probably won't be visiting here as frequently so get in your licks while you can. ;) :D

brdad
05-30-2007, 08:36 PM
Have fun. We'll refrain from using the wood stove until you get back. ;)

hollora
05-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Pick up some swag from the vendors!

Cache Maine
05-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Have a good trip....we will try to behave ourselves while you are gone.

Hiram357
05-30-2007, 10:26 PM
just remember, don't make eye contact, talk to people only in an emergency, and tie your wallet too your belt... oh yeah, bring pepper spray... lots of it (it's good on tacos) :D

Sudonim
05-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Sure, you'll go to a fire protection conference, but you say you aren't into the "group" thing for caching events.....I see where we stand ;)

Hiram357
05-30-2007, 11:03 PM
Sure, you'll go to a fire protection conference, but you say you aren't into the "group" thing for caching events.....I see where we stand ;)

and in boston of all places.... :rolleyes:

firefighterjake
05-31-2007, 05:21 AM
Pick up some swag from the vendors!

Yup . . . more stuff for the geocaches!

firefighterjake
05-31-2007, 05:22 AM

Here I'll be able to quietly blend in and don't have to make personal contact.

Cache Maine
05-31-2007, 07:25 AM
Yeah, speaking of that, I heard you on the radio this morning about the 1999 Ambulance gift to the college. No personal contact there. ;)

firefighterjake
05-31-2007, 08:41 AM
Yeah, speaking of that, I heard you on the radio this morning about the 1999 Ambulance gift to the college. No personal contact there. ;)

You're right . . . I did that one via the phone -- although it was a donation to United Technologies Center which is a high school vocational school located right down the road from where you went to school. :D They should be doing another one as well about a donation of some pet resuscitation masks -- probably while I'm gone.

Cache Maine
05-31-2007, 09:50 AM
Yep, you are right. Not a college.

Foxgloves
05-31-2007, 10:01 AM
I just wanted to let folks know that I'll probably be off the proverbial radar screen here for a while as I'm going down to the National Fire Protection Association Conference and Exposition in Boston starting tomorrow and running until next Friday.

Poifect! http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/EMSDudette/DANCE_22.gif
That means you'll be back in time for the sizzling summer event!

Come on Jake....Foxgloves wants to meet you...http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/EMSDudette/OB_MAK11.gif

Does this mean we have to get the bonfire out of control in order for you to show up?

Sudonim
05-31-2007, 10:42 AM
They should be doing another one as well about a donation of some pet resuscitation masks -- probably while I'm gone.
Speaking of pet resuscitation masks, didn't I see you quoted in the BDN this last week too???
You sure do get out a lot for a shy guy:p

hollora
05-31-2007, 02:50 PM
"Come on Jake....Foxgloves wants to meet you...http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/EMSDudette/OB_MAK11.gif"

Good luck - if we could only get him to put on his presentation face - maybe we could get him to attend - ahhh, anyone for a fire extinguisher class? Maybe we could tease him into doing one for us! LOL

cape ann carol
05-31-2007, 03:04 PM
hey Jake,
if you get the chance to get away from the city, its only 45 minutes to gloucester, it would be nice to show you the great views of maine from red rock...and you could get 3 caches while in there.
let me know if youd like to cache in Gloucester while your here.
have fun!
Carol

WhereRWe?
05-31-2007, 06:48 PM
Hey, Carol...

I grew up in Manchester-by-the-Sea, not too far from you. We've been caching in the area 3 times now, and tried to visit the Hammond Museum each time - always closed! LOL!

Hiram357
05-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Does this mean we have to get the bonfire out of control in order for you to show up?

Maybe we can get him to give an educational fire safety speech at the event! :D

Cache Maine
05-31-2007, 08:07 PM
Maybe we can get him to give an educational fire safety speech at the event! :D

You know, this is not a bad idea. I think it would be really cool to have a geocaching "trade show" sorta...we could have professionals come and and talk about different things and maybe earn some geocaching continuing education credits. he he heh

Hiram357
05-31-2007, 08:16 PM
You know, this is not a bad idea. I think it would be really cool to have a geocaching "trade show" sorta...we could have professionals come and and talk about different things and maybe earn some geocaching continuing education credits. he he heh

yeah! brad can give an electrical talk, i can talk about refrigeration, and gary can talk about geocaching!

firefighterjake
06-04-2007, 03:13 PM
come to the tread lightly event-- i should be there

firefighterjake
06-04-2007, 03:18 PM
yup -- that was a phone interview i did before i left

firefighterjake
06-04-2007, 03:23 PM
i would take you up on this offer -- however i am pretty much sticking to walking and the t -- plus to be honest i'm keeping fairly busy with classes and the expo

firefighterjake
06-04-2007, 03:31 PM

the way hiram is going with the jeep a fire extinguisher class would be a good idea. :)actually in all seriousness-- doing a basic first aid class could prove useful for some cachers -- the ones who fall often, end up with nasty cuts, etc ..

hollora
06-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Jake - no far telling my secrets about stumble, trip, fall, scoot and slide LOL

firefighterjake
06-04-2007, 03:45 PM

:) i was thinking of more than a few of my geocaching friends -- as well as myself

hollora
06-04-2007, 03:48 PM
oh yeah, the photo was scarry!

Mainiac1957
06-04-2007, 05:57 PM

I cached all over Cary and Raleigh with you, and didn't see too much falling. And last Saturday at the CITO you didn't fall at all. :p

Beach Comber
06-04-2007, 06:18 PM
-- the ones who fall often, end up with nasty cuts, etc ..

That's me!! LOL - though my worst fall landed me into a pit of mud so I didn't get cut up - I did, however, let out a few explatives on the way down - lol

hollora
06-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Beachie - they just don't understand our stumbles and trips - LOL and Mainaic1957 - I was just having a good week! Just you wait - you will see mumble, stumble and trip if you continue to hang out with me - but it is always a laugh cause that is what I do......no sense to do differently.

Beachie has stones which helps - beach stones soothe your nerves.

Hiram357
06-04-2007, 09:00 PM
come to the tread lightly event-- i should be there

You'd better be there! :D :p

Mainiac1957
06-04-2007, 09:15 PM
is there an alleged date for this event yet?

Hiram357
06-04-2007, 09:54 PM
is there an alleged date for this event yet?

Right now I think we're set on the last weekend of July (28 & 29)

Mainiac1957
06-05-2007, 06:42 AM
I believe that may also be the date for the Kayak event this year. Not that there can't be two on the same weekend. It would certainly attract two different groups. As I said that date is what I heard from Kayakerinme. Help me out here Barry.

Hiram357
06-05-2007, 07:05 AM
nothing is written in stone yet, it could be changed, i have the technology... :D

firefighterjake
06-05-2007, 07:26 AM
You'd better be there! :D :p

i wouldn't miss it -- especially if i can bring the atv -- now just set a date -- i thought the end of july was a semi firm date.