View Full Version : Maine Geocacher Window Decal

MECacheMan
06-13-2007, 03:04 AM
Hey everyone,

I was searching the web and found this site that sell geocacher decals for each state. I ordered the Maine Geocacher decal and it looks great! Just go to www.dragonflydecalz.com (http://www.dragonflydecalz.com) and search for Maine. You can get them in different sizes and colors.

brdad
06-13-2007, 05:50 AM
Is it me or is Maine skinnier and homlier than I usually see it? Must be on account of the type of map they took it off from.

firefighterjake
06-13-2007, 06:07 AM
MECacheMan . . . is that your name you use on geocaching.com?

attroll
06-13-2007, 12:41 PM
If you had come to the event last weekend I was handing out GeocachingMaine.org window decals for free.

Mainiac1957
06-13-2007, 03:55 PM
I would love to have a GC Me window sticker. I had know idea that you had those. Save me one for when I run into you or I'll send you 42 cents and you can mail it to me. Sheeesh:rolleyes:

Sudonim
06-13-2007, 04:01 PM
I would love to have a GC Me window sticker. I had know idea that you had those. Save me one for when I run into you or I'll send you 42 cents and you can mail it to me. Sheeesh:rolleyes:

Yeah, me too. That's what I miss when I get there late:rolleyes:

brdad
06-13-2007, 04:14 PM
There was a whole pile of them right on the table right next to the money jug!

Sudonim
06-13-2007, 04:33 PM
There was a whole pile of them right on the table right next to the money jug!

I guess I was too busy writing my name on one's, trying to stuff the ballot box:D

Cache Maine
06-13-2007, 04:38 PM
I guess I was too busy writing my name on one's, trying to stuff the ballot box:D

Yeah, what's the story on this anyway? Who won the coin/pin set and how much was raised?

brdad
06-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Yeah, what's the story on this anyway? Who won the coin/pin set and how much was raised?

Hoys won the coin. I am not sure how much was raised, maybe Rick can tell us if he counted it. Any money toward the site and future pig roasts for that matter are well worth it!

hollora
06-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Yeah, me too. That's what I miss when I get there late:rolleyes:

Maybe Rick could send one of us an envelope full so we would have some up here in the other Central Maine..........

attroll
06-14-2007, 01:39 AM
I am not sure how much was raised, maybe Rick can tell us if he counted it. Any money toward the site and future pig roasts for that matter are well worth it!
The money for the coin that Dave raffled of came to $54. That will be put somewhere and spent only on the web site. I want to thank Dave for doing this for the web site.

I don’t know if I mentioned this or not in another thread. Just in case I didn’t I will say it now. There was a bunch of other donations handed to me through out the day to help with the price of the pig roast and everything else and I was told not to refuse them by certain individuals because if I did they would find ways to give it to me one way or another. So I accepted them. I was not happy to accept them though. You all know my ideas on event and paying for anything at event. My idea is that if a person or a group is going to put on an event then there should be no charges for the event or anything that that event puts on. Everything should be free. This is my opinion and my opinion only. To say the least I was not thrilled about accepting these donations, but I was warned as I said that if I did not they would still find there way to me. I deiced that it was best to not fight it.

The donations turned out to be pretty substantial. I will not say how much it was because I am embarrassed enough that I had to take the money, but I will say that it helped a lot. We want to thank everyone that made this donation. We love you all and the only reason Tink and I do this other then getting geocachers together is because of our love for each and every one of you, you are all like family to us.

attroll
06-14-2007, 01:43 AM
Maybe Rick could send one of us an envelope full so we would have some up here in the other Central Maine..........
Well lets see the next geocaching event in Maine will be the Tread Lightly 2007 event and I think that is slated for 28 and 29 July (not sure though). I bet the stickers will be at that event.

WhereRWe?
06-14-2007, 07:32 AM
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I don’t know if I mentioned this or not in another thread. Just in case I didn’t I will say it now. There was a bunch of other donations handed to me through out the day to help with the price of the pig roast and everything else and I was told not to refuse them by certain individuals because if I did they would find ways to give it to me one way or another. So I accepted them.

Rick -

Anyone who has sponsored an event knows that it can get EXPENSIVE in many ways. And the people who attend, and donate money or additional door prizes, are GLAD to do it.

You guys sponsored a GREAT event, and any donations just go to show the appreciate of your fellow cachers and possibly a desire to "chip in" since they would otherwise be unable to sponsor an event themselves.

Again, thanks from all of us. And remember, people wouldn't have donated if they didn't want to.

Got a date scheduled for next year's pig roast? LOL!

Hiram357
06-14-2007, 07:49 AM
...you are all like family to us.

so dad... can I borrow some money???

and the car?

oh yeah... about the car... can I borrow mom's car??

firefighterjake
06-14-2007, 08:28 AM
Well lets see the next geocaching event in Maine will be the Tread Lightly 2007 event and I think that is slated for 28 and 29 July (not sure though). I bet the stickers will be at that event.

Save one for me then Rick . . . or maybe two or three . . . I mean I've got to get one for the 4Runner, ATV and maybe the sled . . . I think I'll pass on getting one for the beater car (although I could maybe use one to hide the rust on the front fender!) :D

firefighterjake
06-14-2007, 08:31 AM
The money for the coin that Dave raffled of came to $54. That will be put somewhere and spent only on the web site. I want to thank Dave for doing this for the web site.

I don’t know if I mentioned this or not in another thread. Just in case I didn’t I will say it now. There was a bunch of other donations handed to me through out the day to help with the price of the pig roast and everything else and I was told not to refuse them by certain individuals because if I did they would find ways to give it to me one way or another. So I accepted them. I was not happy to accept them though. You all know my ideas on event and paying for anything at event. My idea is that if a person or a group is going to put on an event then there should be no charges for the event or anything that that event puts on. Everything should be free. This is my opinion and my opinion only. To say the least I was not thrilled about accepting these donations, but I was warned as I said that if I did not they would still find there way to me. I deiced that it was best to not fight it.

The donations turned out to be pretty substantial. I will not say how much it was because I am embarrassed enough that I had to take the money, but I will say that it helped a lot. We want to thank everyone that made this donation. We love you all and the only reason Tink and I do this other then getting geocachers together is because of our love for each and every one of you, you are all like family to us.

Anybody that's anybody that knows you know how you feel . . . and they also realize that doing what you did was a large investment of money and equally as important -- time. This is a very sharing and caring group and so while I'm sure no one thought they had to donate, they wanted to donate in appreciation of what you and Tink both did to make this event a success year after year after year. So yes, it was a free event . . . but it shows that many folks appreciate what you guys have done . . . and continue to do all year long by running this site.

So when Hiram's done with the car can I borrow it . . . providing he put some gas in it and didn't leave it on empty?:D

firefighterjake
06-14-2007, 08:34 AM
Interesting that MECacheMan's first and only post so far is to direct us to a business website . . . is that pork I smell coming out of my computer monitor or am I just imagining things? If I'm imagining things I apologize -- guess I'm just getting a little jaded as the years pass me by.

hollora
06-14-2007, 09:48 AM

That works too!

attroll
06-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Interesting that MECacheMan's first and only post so far is to direct us to a business website . . . is that pork I smell coming out of my computer monitor or am I just imagining things? If I'm imagining things I apologize -- guess I'm just getting a little jaded as the years pass me by.
I noticed that too, but look at the conversation it started.

team teebow
06-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Rick,

The time, the food, the prizes, the hospitality, everything you and Donna did for the planning of this event is priceless!!! Every year when we come we have a great time. Don't feel bad about taking the donations, I agree with everyone elses comment about how WE wanted to give to show our appriceation for all of the hard work!!! We can't thank you guys enough for putting it on!!!

Team Teebow 1

Hiram357
06-14-2007, 04:44 PM
I noticed that too, but look at the conversation it started.

I was wondering about this too...

but do we really need something to help us start a conversation??? ;)