View Full Version : Did anyone find???

Foxgloves
06-13-2007, 09:12 AM
I am just getting around to unpacking form this weekend and wondered if anyone found a grey tarp with blue rope attached to it? :(
Apparently T2H set it on the top of my car and told me it was there but I forgot and drove off. :rolleyes: It may have fallen on the road anywhere between Ricks house and the main road.

If anyone found it, could you let me know? PM me or email me.

Mainiac1957
06-13-2007, 03:52 PM
I heard they sell those for cheap at H.D. :rolleyes: Maybe he can get a discount too.:p :D :p

Hiram357
06-13-2007, 06:02 PM
I heard they sell those for cheap at H.D. :rolleyes: Maybe he can get a discount too.:p :D :p

Sorry foxgloves we didn't see any tarp roadkill anywhere.

Lowe's has the heavy duty tarps pretty cheap... :p :p :p

Beach Comber
06-13-2007, 06:59 PM

And I heard they were even cheaper at L***s :eek:

Foxgloves
06-13-2007, 08:03 PM
I can't believe I drove off w/ o taking it off my roof... T2H said he told me he had set it on my roof but I don't remember that. :rolleyes:

Anyway although it was a nice heavy duty tarp, it can be replaced...better the tarp than my GPS...:o

firefighterjake
06-14-2007, 08:36 AM
...better the tarp than my GPS...:o

Hmm . . . I seem to recall a certain someone who is always losing his GPSr . . . dropping it into rivers, dropping it into snowbanks for weeks at a time . . . :D ;)

hollora
06-14-2007, 09:44 AM
I lost my Razorphone off the roof of my car, when Ralph was in the hospital last year. Had walked to find a cache in town along a trail, went to put everything back in my car, sat the phone on the top of the car - was thinking about other things and drove off. Less than 10 minutes later and a retrace of my route - it was gone.

It is frustrating to do things like that but Nikki you are right it's better to be the tarp than the GPS. I had insurance on the phone so that took the sting away.

al'Thor
06-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Try losing your checkbook off the the top of the vehicle. When I realized what I had done I turned around and could only find the register. I was freaking out, but someone picked it up and gave me a call. A few honest people left in the world. My ego took a hit though.

hollora
06-14-2007, 03:03 PM
To forget something and loose it off the top or even bumper of your vehcile is easily done. Twice, I have found whole pocketbooks in the road - and called the folks turning them back to them.

Now if only Nikki's tarp said something on the side of it..........

PLMerry
06-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Just two days ago I left a cache in China. About two miles down the road I realized that I did not have my GPS. I imediately turned around and headed back to the cache site to grab it. When I got back there it was still sitting on my trunk where I had signed the log. I wacked myself on the side of the head twice.

I think I would loose what little mind I have left if I had to go any length of time without my GPS.

Oh yes, let me introduce myself. I am PLMerry (aka Pete) up here from Ohio for the next 7+/- weeks filling in for a local Pastor. Some of you might have seen me on you logs. If not I am sure you will.

Pete
PLMerry

Medawisla
06-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Just two days ago I left a cache in China. About two miles down the road I realized that I did not have my GPS. I imediately turned around and headed back to the cache site to grab it. When I got back there it was still sitting on my trunk where I had signed the log. I wacked myself on the side of the head twice.

I think I would loose what little mind I have left if I had to go any length of time without my GPS.

Oh yes, let me introduce myself. I am PLMerry (aka Pete) up here from Ohio for the next 7+/- weeks filling in for a local Pastor. Some of you might have seen me on you logs. If not I am sure you will.

Pete
PLMerry

Wow PLMerry, tough gig having to come to Maine for work during the best part of the year!:cool: (Though my other half, Hiram, would say winter is the best time.:rolleyes: ) Hope you have fun caching!:D

firefighterjake
06-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Wow PLMerry, tough gig having to come to Maine for work during the best part of the year!:cool: (Though my other half, Hiram, would say winter is the best time.:rolleyes: ) Hope you have fun caching!:D

Maine is great year-round (despite what my wife says) . . . well with the only exception being Black Fly Season. :D

pjpreb
06-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Our PDA took a ride for a couple of miles on the bumper of the truck on Memorial Day weekend. :o Luckily it didn't fall off.

Welcome PLMerry aka. Pete! Hope to see you on the trails this summer. :)