View Full Version : Your Favorite Caches in Maine...

J_Cyr
06-14-2007, 02:24 PM
I am going on a week long trip on bike with a friend all around Maine... normally I do many of the caches up here northbound... but dont get around to doing a lot of southern caches... we plan on hitting a few down there but want to know which ones are reccomended... fun, either have some adventure to them, great views, history or hard to find... any help would be appriciated.

Thanks
Jordan

firefighterjake
06-14-2007, 02:37 PM
:rolleyes:
I am going on a week long trip on bike with a friend all around Maine... normally I do many of the caches up here northbound... but dont get around to doing a lot of southern caches... we plan on hitting a few down there but want to know which ones are reccomended... fun, either have some adventure to them, great views, history or hard to find... any help would be appriciated.

Thanks
Jordan

Well all of my caches are great! :rolleyes: :D ;) Yeah, I'm just kidding.

Actually, I don't know how far south you're planning on going or where exactly, but if you get a chance do a few of the caches on Deer Isle/Stonington -- they're among my favorite. Maybe a little more info on where you're thinking of riding, if you like/dislike multis/micros/puzzle caches, etc. would help out some.

firefighterjake
06-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Interestingly enough I should be up in your neck of the woods next week as I'm going to the wedding of a friend of mine who lives in Washburn . . . and I figure I might bring the ATV along and get at least one ride in and see if I can't squeeze in some geocaching on the way up, down and maybe even while I'm there . . . so many things to do and so little time.

J_Cyr
06-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Have fun, there are quite a few new caches in my neck of the woods, most I have already tackled. I just bought a house and need a good vacation, so we are going downstate with intentions to "explore"

pjpreb
06-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Our "Sabattus Mountain Tribute Cache" in Lovell has a great view (GCZEDP) We're a little baffled as to why it hasn't been found more now that the weather has been great.

Haffy
06-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Our "Sabattus Mountain Tribute Cache" in Lovell has a great view (GCZEDP) We're a little baffled as to why it hasn't been found more now that the weather has been great.

People are just gettin too lazy to go for a good hike, they would rather just pull up to the guardrail and be done with it.