View Full Version : Had some luck last week

Gob-ler
06-20-2007, 07:11 PM
I know some do not like the hunting stuff so bear with me.

After 14 years of entering the Maine Moose Lottery I finally drew a moose hunting tag. Area 6 (Houlton and north, I grew up there for a while) Bull Moose and the September season. I guess I will be doing some northern caches as I travel up that way to do some scouting.

Cache Maine
06-20-2007, 07:15 PM
Congratulations Gob-ler! Nobody got one around here...but several are still going North to experience the hunt as spectators.

Now you have to practice your moose call.

Mainiac1957
06-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Save me a steak will ya!:p I haven't had moose for quite awhile. Good luck to you.;)

Hiram357
06-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Congrats Gobbler!!

(does this mean there's gunna be a moose supper event???) :D

I didn't have any luck this year though... or last year... or the year before.. or... *sigh* but it looks like plenty of folks from outta state got a permit... :rolleyes:

brdad
06-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Congrats on that! I am no longer a hunter, not because I have anything against it, only for lack of time and I'd rather shoot with a camera.

My father entered both of us in the moose lottery every year from the first one up until he died a few years ago, and neither of us ever won. :( Fortunately we had a cousin who did win and he got to go out with him once. Moosemeat is good stuff.

In 2002 my father managed to bag a 14 point buck that made it to the skull and antler club record book.

http://www.bytethebullet.com/geocaching/fora/deer1.jpg

d’76
06-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Congrats Dick, I will be looking forward to having some moose meat. LOL:D

teamdozer12
06-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah! That is great! It has been years since Jeff has gotten one! Congrats and have a blast!

teamdozer12
06-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Congrats on that! I am no longer a hunter, not because I have anything against it, only for lack of time and I'd rather shoot with a camera.

My father entered both of us in the moose lottery every year from the first one up until he died a few years ago, and neither of us ever won. :( Fortunately we had a cousin who did win and he got to go out with him once. Moosemeat is good stuff.

In 2002 my father managed to bag a 14 point buck that made it to the skull and antler club record book.

AWESOME RACK!!! :D

hollora
06-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Wicked Good!

attroll
06-21-2007, 12:33 AM
I won the Moose lottery in 2005 for a cow for the area south of Houlton. We came home with one. Bulls were easier to find that year we went. For the first three days we only saw bulls and then on the fourth day we got our cow.

Congratulations and good luck.

Starzz
06-21-2007, 07:56 AM
Congrats!! I bet you are VERY excited! :D

I've been putting in for one in the New Brunswick Moose Draw for 13 years now, and I managed to get drawn in 2005! Was I ever excited! Got a 2 year old bull that weighed around 500 pounds! Was really good eating! I put in again this year, but won't find out til July 9th.

Good luck and I hope you get your moose! :)

Northwoods Explorer
06-21-2007, 08:13 AM
Way to go, make the roads safe for we who have to travel them up here. Make sure you get a big one. Best of luck with your hunt. Last one I got was in that area with me F150.:eek:

firefighterjake
06-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Way to go, make the roads safe for we who have to travel them up here. Make sure you get a big one. Best of luck with your hunt. Last one I got was in that area with me F150.:eek:

Hmmm . . . that's a tough way to hunt them beasties isn't it . . . or at least an expensive way. Surprisingly enough while the Greater Unity area isn't exactly a moose mecca I've responded to two or three moose/car calls in the past six or seven years . . . the moose never fared very well and in one case the driver of a Jetta almost went the same way as the moose . . . can't say enough good things about Lifeflight on that call.

On a happier thought . . . congrats Gob-ler.

Rydnfree
06-21-2007, 05:08 PM
congrats,I've benn trying for 5 years with no luck in the draw yet, good luck

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
06-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Congratulations on drawing a Moose tag. You've been given a great area and should have little problem finding a Moose. I've been fortunate to have been drawn back in 2005 and bagged a bull very early into the first morning of the season.

We have had several Car-Moose accidents in Augusta, Lifeflight would not of changed the outcome of any of the human victims in these cases. My most memorable car-moose was when somehow a moose jumped between a pickup and the camper it was pulling. It completely destroyed the camper literally cleaning it off the tires and leaving a pile of debris in the road. Pots, sleeping bags and coleman lanterns in a big heap. The best part of the story is the moose was never found and no people injuries.

Good luck on your hunt Gob-ler!!

Team2hunt
06-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Congrats in your winning effort. And here's to a successful hunt. Let me know how much extra you have. :rolleyes: