View Full Version : 500 Archived Caches

brdad
06-24-2007, 06:48 PM
According to my calculations I use on the Maine Geocaching stats (http://www.geocachingmaine.org/index.php?page=maine_stats) page, Maine is about to (or already has) hit the 500 archived caches milestone.

Excusing the ~55 archived event caches, is that a bad thing or a good thing?

My thoughts are many caches need to be archived, and it's good that they are.

But in my ideal world, fewer caches with longer lives would be hidden. :rolleyes:

Hiram357
06-24-2007, 07:01 PM
According to my calculations I use on the Maine Geocaching stats (http://www.geocachingmaine.org/index.php?page=maine_stats) page, Maine is about to (or already has) hit the 500 archived caches milestone.

Excusing the ~55 archived event caches, is that a bad thing or a good thing?

My thoughts are many caches need to be archived, and it's good that they are.

But in my ideal world, fewer caches with longer lives would be hidden. :rolleyes:

Fewer caches... fewer tourists... PREACH ON BRUTHA DAVE!!!! :D

Sudonim
06-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Maybe it's natures way of weeding out the 'weak' caches.

Hiram357
06-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Maybe it's natures way of weeding out the 'weak' caches.

maybe it's a goverment conspiracy, taking out all the caches near secret underground military installations where they perform top secret experiments on UFOs that have been crashing in Maine since the late 60s...

or it's just those ****** muggles dicouraging cachers to have caches... muggles that work for the CIA...

:D

Sudonim
06-24-2007, 09:26 PM
maybe it's a goverment conspiracy, taking out all the caches near secret underground military installations where they perform top secret experiments on UFOs that have been crashing in Maine since the late 60s...

or it's just those ****** muggles dicouraging cachers to have caches... muggles that work for the CIA...

:D
Kicking this one over to the "Too much beer thread:p "

brdad
06-25-2007, 05:44 AM
Some may have been weak, but there are a few classics on the list I wish had stayed!

And I never said fewer tourists, Hiram. They can visit, but they need to go home afterward! No more undocumented Mainers! :D

Hiram357
06-25-2007, 07:26 AM
the ones I have archived I've done so because 1) at the time it seemed like a good spot, but after gaining some caching experience... is a not so good spot and 2) Muggles... sometimes it's just hard to keep up with em, and once they know a cache is there, then they just keep goin back... :(