View Full Version : October 6th and 7th

attroll
07-01-2007, 06:38 PM
I wanted to take a poll from people and also at the same time see if the weekend of October 6th and 7th would be a good weekend to host an event. Tink and I are planning an event right now and fine tuning some details on it and want to see if that is a good weekend for everyone?

We are not saying anything about the event yet. We are tossing around two different ideas right now. Once we decide we will let everyone know. We are having a hard time trying to find a location for the event. We have our house as a last resort, but would like to host it someplace else. Brdad had another location for us also but with everything we have planned the Bangor area may be to hard to get everything set up before the event. We would like to find a location someplace between our house and Waterville if possible,

Here is what we are looking for if anyone knows of someplace with these items then please let me know. We would like to have a place all to ourselves.
Places for group tenting.
Gazebo or an enclosed facility in case of rain.
A field so we can set up some kids games and events.
Woods with some type of trails.
A place for a camp fire at night.

We promise that it will be as good as our Summer Event and maybe even better.

Cache Maine
07-01-2007, 08:10 PM
We promise that it will be as good as our Summer Event and maybe even better.

That depends on if Tink is making brownies or not. :D :) :p

attroll
07-01-2007, 08:17 PM
That depends on if Tink is making brownies or not. :D :) :p
Doesn't Tink always make brownies for our events :).

Hiram357
07-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Doesn't Tink always make brownies for our events :).

as long as she leave's the whipped cream at home!! (my hat still smells funny...)

I think later in the month would work out better for us (but we'd still do our best to make it if ya had it in the first weeks)

Medawisla
07-01-2007, 09:12 PM
as long as she leave's the whipped cream at home!! (my hat still smells funny...)

I think later in the month would work out better for us (but we'd still do our best to make it if ya had it in the first weeks)

eh hem! it's my hat!:p

Haffy
07-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Too bad I'm down here in SC, the Elk's facility that we had our first organizational meeting would be a great place for it. A great outdoor building with facilities and there is a fire pit and we have used the field for camping as well.

attroll
07-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Too bad I'm down here in SC, the Elk's facility that we had our first organizational meeting would be a great place for it. A great outdoor building with facilities and there is a fire pit and we have used the field for camping as well.
Well then it looks like you will have to come back up here for this event then Haffy.

Mainiac1957
07-02-2007, 06:25 PM
I am away the first two weekends in Oct. The weekend of the 20th would be the first one I'd be able to make. I definitely would make it too. If that doesn't work then too bad for me.:(

FuddsGirls
07-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Columbus weekend would be great but any one works for us at this point. Didn't some guy post a while back that he was planning a camping event that weekend?

Sudonim
07-02-2007, 09:07 PM
The first couple of weekends are out for me too, not sure about the third one yet.

attroll
07-02-2007, 11:48 PM
I was thinking of one of the first two weekends in October because this is going to be an overnight event and I do not want to do it to late in October seeing that it might get to cold for the young ones if any attend.

Mainiac1957
07-03-2007, 05:08 AM
We did have 5 or 6 kids at the Winter Camping event last march and they had a blast. Just gotta dress for the weather. Make it for when it works for you. Some will come and some won't.

firefighterjake
07-03-2007, 06:28 AM
. . . Some will come and some won't.

[Distant faint voice from the cornfield] . . . If you host it, they will come. ;) :D

Hiram357
07-03-2007, 07:06 AM
[Distant faint voice from the cornfield] . . . If you host it, they will come. ;) :D

[Even more distant faint voice from the cornfield] *cough* everyone except jake........... :rolleyes:

Yeah, even stef survived the winter campout, bugs, cold, heat, bloodthirsty dinosaurs, no matter when ya have it there's gunna be someone that finds something wrong, post it when it works for you. :D

team teebow
07-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Team Teebow is busy with Deer/Moose Season in October. But we like to see pictures and hear all the stories. You all will have a great time no matter where or when.

Hiram357
07-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Team Teebow is busy with Deer/Moose Season in October. But we like to see pictures and hear all the stories. You all will have a great time no matter where or when.

well ya don't have to worry about the deer until the end of the month and the moose are only the 2nd week... so it looks like we'll see ya there!!! :D :D :D

hide_from_the_kids
07-05-2007, 11:26 PM
The Elks Lodge in Augusta?

Also, lots of schools will rent out the space for everything but camping/fire (but you can use grills).

firefighterjake
07-06-2007, 07:33 AM
Rick: Send me a PM about what you're thinking about doing . . . I may (a big emphasis on the word "may" since you know my aversion to caching events) be able to help you.

Hiram357
07-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Rick: Send me a PM about what you're thinking about doing . . . I may (a big emphasis on the word "may" since you know my aversion to caching events) be able to help you.

woo hoo!!! kegger cache at jake's!!!!!! :D :D :D

attroll
07-06-2007, 11:51 PM
PM sent Jake.

Team2hunt
07-07-2007, 08:00 AM
These dates are ok for me, and Troy. Colombus weekend is out as I have plans for the weekend. A Yahtzee tournamnet. :) Too cold .....NEVER!!

And don't forget room to blow up the balloons with that lighter than air gas. Now that's entertainment! :eek:

Foxgloves
07-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Colombus weekend is out as I have plans for the weekend.

Uh...Silly... that IS Columbus Day weekend (Columbus Day being the 8th)

That weekend would work for me Rick since I have Columbus Day off and could have a long weekend for traveling to Maine.
But as others have said already, Do what works for you and Tink.
Obviously no matter what weekend you choose, not everyone will be able to make it...:(

Team2hunt
07-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Uh...Silly... that IS Columbus Day weekend (Columbus Day being the 8th)

Never mind!!

firefighterjake
07-08-2007, 07:35 PM
woo hoo!!! kegger cache at jake's!!!!!! :D :D :D

True story . . . a number of years ago . . . and I'm talking about 20 or so years ago there was some group that wanted to have a huge outdoors concert of some sort on my family's property. In the end my family opted to not do so . . . but to this day I'm a bit curious as to who would have been playing and if it was some group that I've heard of or if it was just a bunch of local yahoos.