View Full Version : Blogs on Geocaching Maine

attroll
07-13-2007, 03:17 AM
I would like to ask this question to you users.

Do you think putting blogs on the web site would be a nice idea or an added touch?

I have installed them already but I am not going to release them unless you all will use them or think they will get used?

brdad
07-13-2007, 06:18 AM
Put me down as I don't have a problem with it, but the odds I will write any are slim, and the odds are low I will read them. They do seem to be popular with many people, however. I can write what I need to say in the forums.

WhereRWe?
07-13-2007, 06:28 AM
I don't have a problem with them, but like BRdad, I can say what I want in the forums and probably wouldn't read any.

Sheesh. Who has time to read blogs! LOL! ;) ;)

hollora
07-13-2007, 07:48 AM
Nice idea - and would definitely be a plus (for some folks). JMO (just my opinion).

Sudonim
07-13-2007, 07:57 AM
I wouldn't write any, but may read some of them.
Playing devils advocate, maybe there should be a statement up front that if a blog violates GCmaine terms for content it will be removed/edited? Don't want to read any rants.
I'll stop ranting now... :)

FuddsGirls
07-13-2007, 08:03 AM
I honestly don't really know what a blog is or have attempted to find out. I thought it was more or less the same as a forum just that it was only one person's opinion. I probably woudn't bother with them myself.

Hiram357
07-13-2007, 08:18 AM
I'm sure there are some people that will use them frequently, where would you put them?? on the profile pages?

Medawisla
07-13-2007, 10:31 PM
OMG, can you imagine a Hiram blog??!!! :eek: I guess for those of us who don't get enough from the forums, but it's so much more fun to react to each other!!:p Blogs would be cool though for things like Hiram's adventures chasing the GPS into the river or rolling the jeep on the mountain....:rolleyes:

Hiram357
07-13-2007, 11:58 PM
OMG, can you imagine a Hiram blog??!!! :eek: I guess for those of us who don't get enough from the forums, but it's so much more fun to react to each other!!:p Blogs would be cool though for things like Hiram's adventures chasing the GPS into the river or rolling the jeep on the mountain....:rolleyes:

oh, c'mon now... tell us what you really think... (if the smileys had hand gestures...) :p

attroll
07-15-2007, 05:19 PM
The blogs are online now. Well see if they work or take off.

Haffy
07-15-2007, 05:27 PM
So where are these blogs located anyway?

attroll
07-15-2007, 05:35 PM
So where are these blogs located anyway?
IN the navigation bar.

Sudonim
07-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Rick, I liked the stuff on your hammocks (in your blog). One question, they all seem like they are bulging on the bottom. How do you lay flat?

Haffy
07-15-2007, 08:13 PM
ok I submitted a blog but it seems we have to wait for an administrator to approve them first? Why is that? We don't have to wait for anything else in here to be approved so why the blogs? If something is deemed offensive then we have a moderator don't we? Just curious. ok it seems it is published now. I wonder why it took so long?

attroll
07-15-2007, 08:20 PM
ok I submitted a blog but it seems we have to wait for an administrator to approve them first? Why is that? We don't have to wait for anything else in here to be approved so why the blogs? If something is deemed offensive then we have a moderator don't we? Just curious

No, that was just an oversight that I missed Haffy. I need to look into that and change it, Thank you for pointing it out.

attroll
07-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Haffy, it should be fixed now.

attroll
07-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Rick, I liked the stuff on your hammocks (in your blog). One question, they all seem like they are bulging on the bottom. How do you lay flat?

Andy

The picture of the hammock you are seeing are bulging at the bottom in the middle because I have my sleeping bag inside the hammock and it is all wadded up in the middle.

If you look at the picture I have attached I will referrer to the hammock on the left.

My sleeping bag is in the middle on one side of the hammock. If you look at the hammock you will notice the fabric that is hanging on the right foot side (as you lay in it) is lose because there is some slack in the fabric (the head side is furtherest away). What you are suppose to do with this type of hammock is get in it and lay in an offset position from the center line. What I mean is the upper part of you body should lay to the left side of the center line and you feet should go over the center line and be on the right side of the hammock. This will let you lay flat. I hope this makes sense.

I bring one to each overnight event and usually sleep in it. If I attend the event at the end of this month I would be more then willing to let anyone that want to try laying it to do so.

Hammock picture I am referring to. (http://www.geocachingmaine.org/blogs/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=3)

Sudonim
07-15-2007, 10:02 PM
I've seen you use one of these and they seem pretty cool, lightweight and easy to set up. Looks like they'd be hard to share though :)
How's the insulation on the bottom? Does the wind cool the bottom, or is it better than cold ground?

attroll
07-16-2007, 01:16 AM
I've seen you use one of these and they seem pretty cool, lightweight and easy to set up. Looks like they'd be hard to share though :)
How's the insulation on the bottom? Does the wind cool the bottom, or is it better than cold ground?
I am a cold sleeper. So when fall hits I start using the bottom insulation. The insulation does not come with the hammock. I have been down to 30 degrees in temps with my insulation. It keeps the wind and breeze off you and holds the heat to your bottom. I know people who have been down to 20 degrees with the bottom insulation, but I will be damed if I and going to try that.

attroll
07-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Here is a little note on the blog system on an item I just turned on. You can post private blogs. Here is how to do it.

If you want to make an entry private then before you click on Submit Entry go to the Additional Option under the message and put a check mark in Private Entry.

After you have done this the only people that will be able to read this entry will be you and anyone you have on you buddy list. If you do not want anyone reading your private entries then just remove everyone off your buddy list.