View Full Version : GPS Made Easy

Team2hunt
07-28-2007, 08:30 AM
I recently saw an add on Geocaching.com for gpsmadeeasy.com

Little known secrets about using your GPS that 99% of GPS owners will never know

Well I thought this was not me. I must be in the 1%. So I decided to check out the website and see how much I could learn. The web page asks you to list your first name and email address. It was on GC.com and powered by Google. It must be ok, so I gave them my email and waited for a return confirmation. Seconds later I got the email and opened it. They (Charles) will be sending me tips for using my GPS to it's fullest potential. I am not sure how often the emails will come, possibly daily. I received my first one, tip#1 a few minutes later. It discussed the basics of Global Positioning and how my GPS'r received and decoded them. The info was fairly basic and I knew most of it. I have included the link here if you would like to check it out. If I read something " spectacular " and you all need to know it. I will post it here on this thread. http://www.gpsmadeeasy.com/

WhereRWe?
07-28-2007, 08:49 AM
You just added your email address to HUNDREDS of mailing lists! LOL!

;)

Sabby
07-28-2007, 08:56 AM
You just added your email address to HUNDREDS of mailing lists! LOL!

Perhaps thosands.

And the SPAM that comes too. ;)

Sudonim
07-28-2007, 11:42 AM
I use a "throwaway" yahoo account for places like this, where I need to give an e-mail, but don't want to spam up my regular account. Works pretty good.

attroll
07-28-2007, 11:54 AM
The way Google ads work on any web site including Google and our web site is that the web site displaying the Google ads has no control over what ads Google displays on there page. What Google does and scan the web page before it post the ad on the web site and through its scanning it looks at the page content and decides which ads would best fit the page and if there is not ads that fit the page then the site owner has the option to let Google post a empty ad or display and public ad.

becket
07-28-2007, 11:57 AM
I use a "throwaway" yahoo account for places like this, where I need to give an e-mail, but don't want to spam up my regular account. Works pretty good.what a great idea! i always hesitate to give my email - this sounds like the perfect solution.

Haffy
07-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Hmmmm you don't suppose this is why I have so much spam in my account....lol I use a Yahoo account

WhereRWe?
07-28-2007, 12:07 PM
Yahoo or Gmail are both good options.

I have an AOL account "for backup", and I usually use my AOL email address for occasions when I don't want to hear from anyone. I check my AOL account about twice a year! LOL!

FuddsGirls
07-29-2007, 06:46 AM
Thanks T2H, I'll be waiting to hear about anything interesting you might get. I too use a yahoo account for junk but still try not to sign up for much. My old junk account was good for almost 200 junk mailings a week from all the freebies I used to sign up for.

Mainiac1957
07-29-2007, 03:12 PM
I have an Excite account for that reason. My regular emails gets almost no spam. If I do opt in to something I want to get mail from I can just go into the user preferences and change my address.