View Full Version : Another Rant - Please Identify Photos!

WhereRWe?
07-30-2007, 11:03 AM
I've said before that one of the best parts of this web site are the great pictures posted by our members.

BUT...

Would members PLEASE identify the site where your picture was taken? In reviewing some pictures today, the thought "Wow! Where is that?" crossed my mind several times, only to find that the pictures were identified by nothing more than "Picture 071" or the like.

We assume that most of the pictures are taken while geocaching, and it would be nice to know the location, or at least what geocache the photo was near.

:D :D

Sudonim
07-30-2007, 12:44 PM
I've got to agree with you Bruce, I have seen some pics of places that I'd like to visit, and don't even know if they are in the state.

Haffy
07-30-2007, 07:28 PM
I too agree, I think I have always identified where mine were taken, if not please let me know and I'll make sure to identify them if I can.

hollora
07-30-2007, 07:30 PM
I too agree, I think I have always identified where mine were taken, if not please let me know and I'll make sure to identify them if I can.

Yeah, same with mine. Some of mine I didn't know the cacher's names when posted but feel free to enlighten me on the ones that need help.

Haffy
07-30-2007, 07:36 PM
As long as you don't mind that mine are coming from SC now.... And don't say it Bruce...;)

attroll
07-31-2007, 01:48 AM
As long as you don't mind that mine are coming from SC now.... And don't say it Bruce...;)
I noticed that Haffy and it was something I thought about. I was going to bring it up to the board, but I think as long as you identify that they are coming from SC and people know that then it should not be an issue.

brdad
07-31-2007, 05:44 AM
That's why we have an out of state caches section, isn't it?

Haffy
07-31-2007, 06:11 AM
And just so you know I thought this site was open to anyone and not just from Maine,,,,,,in the words of the infamous Maine cacher....sheesh!!!

WhereRWe?
07-31-2007, 07:49 AM

I've always wondered what cache that picture of the Jack-a-lope was taken at...

:p :p

Sudonim
07-31-2007, 07:49 AM
I've seen plenty of out of state pictures in the gallery, don't see more being an issue...unless you put them in the "identify this cache" thread :)

firefighterjake
07-31-2007, 08:33 AM
Hiram has posted some great pics in the past . . . and I think they're all labeled.