View Full Version : Now, for my Rant!

dí76
07-31-2007, 07:51 PM
We have explored outer space, we have found cures for some of the worst diseases and we have invented indoor plumbing but do you think we could find a better way to wrap an ice sandwich. I cant beleive how sticky it gets trying to get one unwrapped. We need to get our priorities in order.:rolleyes:

hollora
07-31-2007, 08:52 PM
We have explored outer space, we have found cures for some of the worst diseases and we have invented indoor plumbing but do you think we could find a better way to wrap an ice sandwich. I cant beleive how sticky it gets trying to get one unwrapped. We need to get our priorities in order.:rolleyes:

Well, let me tell you - if your ice cream sandwich is sticky when you open it = it is because it has thawed and refrozen again or maybe again and again.

Fiction and fact from Lois-Ann's almanac! Years ago as a youngster (Beech Hill - Otis ME General Store), I had an old storekeeper tell me this - makes sense to me!

Medawisla
07-31-2007, 09:04 PM
Hollera, ew!:p

team teebow
08-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Crazy people. We have resorted to talking about ice cream sandwiches. LOL

firefighterjake
08-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Talk about off-topic conversations . . . and Hiram didn't even contribute to this thread. ;) :D

we3beans
08-01-2007, 10:50 AM
I spent many moons in the grocery industry and I can confirm LA's story...
Maybe you need to find a new place to get ice cream?

firefighterjake
08-01-2007, 11:07 AM

Or ask a certain HVAC guru who frequents this site to take a look at your freezer . . . or your grocer's freezer! ;) :D

hollora
08-01-2007, 03:23 PM

Ah, that grouchy old man was correct - Thank You we3beans.......his story always made sense to me - and oh, BTW, their ice cream sandwiches opened easily, ice cream hard as granite and the cookies crunchy not soggy. Times were different then!

dí76
08-01-2007, 04:20 PM
I woke up at 3 this morning binging for ice cream sandwiches and with the low light condition and trying to open a sandwich I would not be surprised if I didnt end up eating the wrapper. Why not just put them in the box like ice cream? Life would be so much simplier

team teebow
08-01-2007, 04:26 PM
I woke up at 3 this morning binging for ice cream sandwiches and with the low light condition and trying to open a sandwich I would not be surprised if I didnt end up eating the wrapper. Why not just put them in the box like ice cream? Life would be so much simplier

Are you sure you didn't eat something other than an ice cream sandwich?? :eek:

dí76
08-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Are you sure you didn't eat something other than an ice cream sandwich?? :eek:

Now that you mention it, it could have been those wrapped hamburgers we had in there. That would explain a few things.:D

brdad
08-01-2007, 04:39 PM
I am so sorry for ranting about something so meaningless as the quality of caching in Maine when there are many larger issues such as the stickiness of ice cream sandwiches. Please forgive me. ;)

dí76
08-01-2007, 04:54 PM
I am so sorry for ranting about something so meaningless as the quality of caching in Maine when there are many larger issues such as the stickiness of ice cream sandwiches. Please forgive me. ;)

Well, I realized how burnt out I was when something as simple as an ice cream sandwich pushed me over the edge. I think you have a legitamate issue that is becoming overwhelming:(

Sudonim
08-01-2007, 05:29 PM
It's the heat Dave, it's the heat:D

brdad
08-01-2007, 05:33 PM
It's the heat Dave, it's the heat:D

I think you're right. It's just the opposite of when we are tired of the cold in the winter. Why can't we have 6 months of Fall?

Sudonim
08-01-2007, 05:38 PM
I think you're right. It's just the opposite of when we are tired of the cold in the winter. Why can't we have 6 months of Fall?

The weather would be perfect, but I'd have to rake the lawn every week:eek:

WhereRWe?
08-01-2007, 05:49 PM

Sheesh! We should be so lucky! A couple of weeks ago I actually cut myself with my jackknife, trying to chop the SUPERHARD Hershey's ice cream out of the little plastic cup it comes in. Darn stuff was like concrete! :eek: :eek:

(Note to ice cream lovers: the little ice cream stand across from the Alfond RecCenter in Waterville has GREAT ginger ice cream! :D :D )

dí76
08-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Sheesh! We should be so lucky! A couple of weeks ago I actually cut myself with my jackknife, trying to chop the SUPERHARD Hershey's ice cream out of the little plastic cup it comes in. Darn stuff was like concrete! :eek: :eek:

(Note to ice cream lovers: the little ice cream stand across from the Alfond RecCenter in Waterville has GREAT ginger ice cream! :D :D )

I am hoping to be in Waterville for a few days next week caching and can think of great uses for that ice cream stand

Thanks Bruce!!!!!

WhereRWe?
08-01-2007, 06:10 PM
I am hoping to be in Waterville for a few days next week caching and can think of great uses for that ice cream stand

Thanks Bruce!!!!!

On the way back, you might also want to try the little stand on the island between the bridges in Skowhegan. The sign out front says they have PEACH ice cream! MY FAVORITE! :D :D

Sudonim
08-01-2007, 06:11 PM
I bet a scoop of ginger and a scoop of peach would be awesome!

WhereRWe?
08-01-2007, 06:22 PM
I bet a scoop of ginger and a scoop of peach would be awesome!

Well, they also have pumpkin pie ice cream, which think would go better with the ginger! LOL!

Medawisla
08-01-2007, 10:28 PM

Thanks Bruce!!!!!

Come get me first PLLLLLLEEEEAAAAASE!!!:D
I work from home Tues-Fri...:cool: