View Full Version : RE: Archived caches

firefighterjake
08-06-2007, 10:21 AM
I was updating my watch list of caches this morning and didn't realize that a number of them have been archived . . . some quite honestly I won't miss very much (i.e. a certain cache in a reststop heading towards Ellsworth . . . but we won't go there), but some are a real loss (i.e. Laughing Terry's Big Box of Books was a classic!) . . . this of course made me wonder if other folks have seen caches archived that were great cache hides.

mipster
08-06-2007, 02:47 PM
There have been two nice one's here in my area that have been archived also. The one I think got washed away with the tide. It was in such a pretty place to. The other was in Moosehorn. I'm thinking if I don't see them replaced shortly I'll contact that cacher I ask if they mind if I place my own in those locations. I think they are in spots other would enjoy going to. I don't know if this person has quit caching or not. Seems like there has been no attempt to put new ones out. I guess I should be ordering more of those lock-n-lock containers!

tat
08-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Devils Den up towards Lower Richardson Lake was the cache I used to mention when someone asked of a truely great place I never would have found without Geocaching.

pjpreb
08-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Although we realize not many cachers are also alpine skiers, but we were sad that "One for the Loafers" was archived at Sugarloaf. After a couple of failed attempts at contacting the owner, we have offered to adopt and our approver has posted that intent on the cache page. Hopefully that cache will be back on line soon. Ski fast!:D

Medawisla
08-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Although we realize not many cachers are also alpine skiers, but we were sad that "One for the Loafers" was archived at Sugarloaf. After a couple of failed attempts at contacting the owner, we have offered to adopt and our approver has posted that intent on the cache page. Hopefully that cache will be back on line soon. Ski fast!:D

Thanks for picking up the ball...eh cache! It means a lot, it takes time and commitment, but folks willing to go the extra mile to save great caches is really what makes Maine the way caching should be! :cool: