View Full Version : What am I doing wrong?

Foxgloves
08-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Ok.. a question for brdad…or anyone else who is computer savvy…..
I have a question about burning CD’s. Last year I bought a stack of Memorex CD-R Disks and have only used them to burn CD’s from My I-Tunes collection. Its pretty simple using I-Tunes software…but I have never tried to burn any other type media or files onto these disks..
Today I went to try and burn some photos onto these CD-R disks and am getting no where. I try and copy pics and paste them directly into the “D” drive and get a message that “D” is not accessible. Incorrect Function”

The disks are Memorex and say Music CD-R Recordable on them. Does that mean they can only be used to burn Music onto them? I thought you could burn all music and pictures on CD-R disks? Are there specific
CD-R disks for music and specific CD-R disks for pics?

I’ve gone on line to try and get info but I am not seeing anything specific to Music CD-R’s If I have the right format CD-R in my drive can’t I just copy the file of pics and paste it directly into my “D” drive icon on my computer? Or is there a software on my computer that I need to use to burn files onto a CD?
Do I have to format disks first? I used to know how to do this but haven’t practiced this in years and am braindead? What am I doing wrong?

As far as I know everything on my computer is working fine so it must be me…:rolleyes:
First of all am I using the wrong CD’s and 2nd, what is the proper procedure to burn files on a CD?

Foxgloves
08-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Well after perusing my computer I found software for burning CD’s (didn’t know I had it) It wasn't the CD..it was me.
I’m such a ding dong sometimes…http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/EMSDudette/128063111.gif

anyways….you may now return to your regularly scheduled programming :rolleyes:

Haffy
08-12-2007, 05:22 PM
And don't forget to thank all those who chimed in with some suggestions and help......:confused: :D

brdad
08-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Sometimes you just have ask yourself that universal question...

What would brdad do? :D :D

WhereRWe?
08-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Sometimes you just have ask yourself that universal question...

What would brdad do? :D :D

Read the instructions??? :p :p

hollora
08-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Nikki - read your inquiry - was going to respond - like, "check your programs screen for a burn a CD program" and then decided - "No, she'll do just what I would do = keep looking".........great going girl. Discovery on our own to achieve our goals is a great boost!

Looking forward to meeting up at the Folk Festival! Have a super week!