View Full Version : TAT completes the Trek

hollora
09-03-2007, 09:11 PM
It was an honor to join Cache Maine for our own Trek on Sunday and Monday to meet TAT and KachingKaren as TAT completed his Trek. CM and I took off about noon to head to Northern Maine, do some caching, cross into Canada and cache some more for our first day.

That done, we came back stateside (after a random pick at the border for them to look at the vehicle, have us file a formal paper declaration and examine (literally) our passports. Border crossing complete we were on to caching with a goal of getting to Machias by 1 PM.

We made it and were searching the water for TAT and KK. We even questioned ourself were we to late. There was not one there except an older (Lois-Ann is writing here) lady and gentleman. Finally, from around the point came the flash of paddles, binoculars out - yes, that's TAT's hat.......and they came into view.

It was a grand arrival and great reunion. What an accomplishment! We enjoyed taking some pictures, the Machias Weekly newspaper interview with TAT (those were the other folks waiting). Helped unload the kayaks, pack the car and the kayaks became lofty upon KK's car. Ready to travel. We then went for lunch at the famous Helen's Restaurant.

Hummm, TAT and KK wanted coffee and I think TAT enjoyed the mashed potaotes & salad bar. What would a reunion of caching friends be without talking caching? We discussed some local caches and developed a plan.

Headed out - did a caches before leaving town and were on our way.

This surely was a memorable and glorious way to spend a holiday weekend.

(Hopefully CM will upload some of the pics).

Job well done TAT! You are the best!

Cache Maine
09-04-2007, 07:02 AM
http://www.geocachingmaine.org/gallery/data/500/medium/101_4796.JPG

Cache Maine
09-04-2007, 07:04 AM
http://www.geocachingmaine.org/gallery/data/500/medium/101_4804.JPG

Cache Maine
09-04-2007, 07:14 AM
http://www.geocachingmaine.org/gallery/data/500/medium/101_4813.JPG

WhereRWe?
09-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Just gotta say that one of the great side benefits of geocaching is meeting great people and actually becoming part of a family.

A great accomplishment by Tom, with frequent support by KK, frequent publicity, encouragement and support by Cameo & Hollora...

Truly wonderful...

:D :D :D

becket
09-04-2007, 09:10 AM
congratulations, tat! i really enjoyed being a small part of your journey when you came to stonington.

tat
09-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Just gotta say that one of the great side benefits of geocaching is meeting great people and actually becoming part of a family...

I couldn't agree more!!

The encouragement and support from the Geocaching comunity has been even more amazing the coast line it self.

I want to thank all of you who have donated time and money and for all the kind words. The real winners in this are the people who need help from a very debilitating disease, and Geocachers have made the difference!

I hope to be able to add much more to the site about the journey, both in words and in pictures.

www.MaineTrek.com

Haffy
09-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Hey congrats to a great person and I'm sure you will have many more stories and photos to add to the site as well. Welcome home!!!! We all love you TAT!!!

hollora
09-04-2007, 04:52 PM
We all love you TAT!!!

Sure do and that is exactly what it said on the other side of Cameo's car - with the use of a heart!

WhereRWe?
09-04-2007, 05:21 PM
We all love you TAT!!!

Sheesh! I've applauded Tom's trek, but I sure wouldn't go THAT far! :eek: :eek:

Haffy
09-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Hey I'm sorry Bruce, We all Love you too......:D

Team2hunt
09-04-2007, 09:44 PM
A well done adventure and journey that will last a lifetime. :D

What's next? :rolleyes:

Mainiac1957
09-05-2007, 05:42 AM
Tom, you set out to accomplish a goal. You succeeded! Glad to see you raised some money and enjoyed the trip. See you soon.

tat
09-05-2007, 07:55 AM
What's next?

Get a Job!

Medawisla
09-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Naw, Tat, just come geocaching with us!!;) (We're such a bad influence...:rolleyes: )
But, really, hope to see you at Brad's event this weekend! :D
Congrats on completing a challenge like that trek!!:)

Foxgloves
09-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Wow!
Tat that is quite an accomplishment and no small feat.
Congratulations to you and I'm glad you made it back safe and sound.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/EMSDudette/C_10CH12.gif

Kaching Karen
09-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks to TAT, I got out and had some pretty neat adventures in my kayak. We have the same strange sense of curiosity and discovered some pretty cool things off the coast of Maine. I just got a taste of the trek. I wish I had the dedication and perseverance to take on such a long trip. TAT got to see a lot of the coast of Maine and didn't rush his trip. I think his next challenge is to become a Maine Guide ;). Congratulations TAT!

WhereRWe?
09-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Thanks to TAT, I got out and had some pretty neat adventures in my kayak. We have the same strange sense of curiosity and discovered some pretty cool things off the coast of Maine.

Well, Sheesh! What were these "neat adventures" and "pretty cool things"? :D :D

Cache Maine
09-05-2007, 10:02 PM
CuzCrpvCyRI

Kaching Karen
09-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Well, Sheesh! What were these "neat adventures" and "pretty cool things"? :D :D

And that clip was at 1:10 pm on Monday September 3rd. Yahoo!

Well, the things that I thought were cool (and I was only kayaking with TAT for 8 of the 66? days), was crashing through the waves at Poplam Beach and then crossing the mouth of the Kennebec, the "grand tour" of Isle Au Haut (okay, that wasn't kayaking), and discovering a sea cave. That's only a few to mention. What can you say about birds and seals popping up next to your kayak or seeing the sand beaches and high cliffs that are along our coast? There is one wonderful island after another to camp on and I finally got to kayak in pea-soup fog. I asked TAT if he ever got bored with the scenery. He said, "No," and I believe him. Maine is truly a beautiful state and that's coming from a non-native.

vicbiker
09-07-2007, 05:30 AM
Tat anyone can start a trek, but it takes a special person to complete one. The first time I met you, I could tell you were that kind of person. Great Job !!! See you soon.