View Full Version : Granny Airbag

Hiram357
09-13-2007, 02:36 PM
I saw this and about split my sides open laughing! Score one for granny! (serves the guy right... I think if ya look close enough you can see he has Mass plates...) :rolleyes: :D :D :D

lLPkFuosnXA

Hiram357
09-13-2007, 02:37 PM
:confused: ok... im having technical difficulties getting the movie to show... DAVE!!! lil help here?????

Hiram357
09-13-2007, 02:46 PM
OK, let's try this again...

that didnt work either... pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lLPkFuosnXA"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/lLPkFuosnXA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lLPkFuosnXA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

it works if ya click on the blue part... ???

firefighterjake
09-13-2007, 03:04 PM
If I had to guess I would say this was a fake . . . generally airbag deployments require two or more motion-activated sensors to cause the airbag to deploy and I doubt a blow like the one the old lady gave to the car would result in that happening . . . also the driver didn't appear to worse for wear . . . in general most folks that have had an airbag deploy have some minor facial trauma due to the airbag deploying in their face -- most significantly I see no powder residue . . . usually airbag deployment results in a small cloud of powder in the immediate area as the powder (similar to talcum powder) is often used as a "lubricant." Anyways, just a guess on my part.

That being said . . . it is a funny video clip.

Hiram357
09-13-2007, 03:25 PM
If I had to guess I would say this was a fake . . . generally airbag deployments require two or more motion-activated sensors to cause the airbag to deploy and I doubt a blow like the one the old lady gave to the car would result in that happening . . . also the driver didn't appear to worse for wear . . . in general most folks that have had an airbag deploy have some minor facial trauma due to the airbag deploying in their face -- most significantly I see no powder residue . . . usually airbag deployment results in a small cloud of powder in the immediate area as the powder (similar to talcum powder) is often used as a "lubricant." Anyways, just a guess on my part.

That being said . . . it is a funny video clip.

alright there Mr. CSI Unity... IT'S FUNNY!! why can't you just accept it???? :p :p :p

firefighterjake
09-13-2007, 03:35 PM
alright there Mr. CSI Unity... IT'S FUNNY!! why can't you just accept it???? :p :p :p

Please see second paragraph where I said (and I quote) "That being said . . . it is a funny video clip." ;)

Now I should also mention that you might also notice that from the angle the old lady swings the bag you might be able to determine that the "she" in this case might be a "he" . . . also the camera operator is either in a sitting position or is a midget and the driver of the Mercedes is actually Elvis Presley. ;) :D :D

cape ann carol
09-13-2007, 03:36 PM
when you said a mass plate I got a little worried you guys caught me doing something again! :eek:

whew- a different M******* driver!!

that was very funny!