View Full Version : Numbats unite...

Cache Maine
09-24-2007, 02:52 PM
So did you see some of those snake neck turtles?? Man, talk about weird!

LOL

hollora
09-24-2007, 03:06 PM
So did you see some of those snake neck turtles?? Man, talk about weird!

LOL

No - where were they?:eek:

Hiram357
09-24-2007, 03:58 PM

LOOK OUT!!! THEY'RE RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

hollora
09-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Well instead of eatting the rocks, I guess I should have thrown them!

Hiram357
09-24-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm confused (more than usual...) what's this thread about again??? :confused: :rolleyes:

and ya don't throw the rocks... ya chuck em! :D

Sudonim
09-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Wow, Hiram's on the outside looking in on this one :D
Numbats are much louder than spotted quolls too, but don't get to kiss as much as Kukaburras.
Thanks guys, it was fun. I think pedalchick named your table well ;)

Hiram357
09-24-2007, 06:20 PM
it's alright... I don't want to know anyways... :p

($2 to the first person that tells me...)

Cache Maine
09-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Wow, Hiram's on the outside looking in on this one :D
Numbats are much louder than spotted quolls too, but don't get to kiss as much as Kukaburras.
Thanks guys, it was fun. I think pedalchick named your table well ;)

Ohhhh....it's the Master Numbat!

Kudos for putting us with the other selected Numbats....come to find out, it's a very small world and we discussed how our paths have converged in the past...(more than eight minutes.) We also may have some new geocachers as I was caught red handed (recruiting with travel bugs and coins) by another numbat. Oh and that waitress...we had plans to make her smile but none came to fruition, well, as far as *I* know!

Have a great trip and bring us back some termites! :D yum!

Cache Maine
09-24-2007, 06:27 PM

Over by the cake...

Hiram357
09-24-2007, 06:54 PM
(okay okay... $3)

Beach Comber
09-24-2007, 07:59 PM

ayuh............and wicked hahhhhhhhhhd!!

hollora
09-24-2007, 11:12 PM
(okay okay... $3)

If you want to plan a theme party - Andy and Kim would be good ones to recruit. Kim didn't sing at their wedding but many details of the weekend were incredible. They actually named the tables and had details about the animals. It was sort of like an Earthcache very educational!:D

Bet you can guess which table the geocaching people were sitting at - and - we even recruited some new cachers in the other folks at the table.

I'm ok without you sending the $3 - just bring some brew next time you come to the house!:)

Maybe we should have named tenting areas next time we do the Apres event - LOL;)

hollora
09-24-2007, 11:14 PM

Ahh, they were tiny rocks - more the size Beach Comber would create into a beautiful treasure.....ah, but these would have melted.........they were many flavors of chocolate inside.

Poor mates who thought they were real. It was goooodddd candy!

Sudonim
09-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Ahh, they were tiny rocks - more the size Beach Comber would create into a beautiful treasure.....ah, but these would have melted.........they were many flavors of chocolate inside.

Poor mates who thought they were real. It was goooodddd candy!
The real treasures were the people surrounding us all weekend. The laughter, friendship, and absolutely beautiful weather made this more memorable than I could have believed. Lois-Ann, thank you for the pivotal role you played.
P.S. I got your delivery and will forward it to the next address ;)

Cache Maine
09-25-2007, 07:06 AM
I'm ok without you sending the $3 - just bring some brew next time you come to the house!:)

Oh sure LA, blow our cover! For once, we had Hiram in suspense! LOL

Beach Comber
09-25-2007, 07:08 AM

Mmmmmmmm - I like that kind too!!!

hollora
09-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Oh sure LA, blow our cover! For once, we had Hiram in suspense! LOL

Oh, oh - I am sorry............but if we keep him in the dark...........he might get upset with us. I think we should just think of what tribe Hiram would belong in LOL!

Cache Maine
09-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Oh, oh - I am sorry............but if we keep him in the dark...........he might get upset with us. I think we should just think of what tribe Hiram would belong in LOL!

He looks like a yabba to me. :D

Hiram357
09-25-2007, 03:12 PM
He looks like a yabba to me. :D

what the heck is a yabba!?!?!?!!?! :confused: :confused: :confused:

(we'll start the bidding at $1 to the first person that clues me in...)

Hiram357
09-25-2007, 03:15 PM
congrats to ya sudonim & pedalchick! (did ya get your geocaching names on the marriage license???)

btw... you drive slow and don't pay enough attention... When I passed you guys in Augusta, and I finally got your attention, I was behind you, beside you, in front of you, all the way from waterville... (It's almost as if you didn't want to acknowledge that ya knew me... I can't imagine...) :p :D ;)

Cache Maine
09-25-2007, 05:12 PM
(It's almost as if you didn't want to acknowledge that ya knew me... I can't imagine...) :p :D ;)

We have a winner! :D :) :rolleyes:

Hiram357
09-25-2007, 06:45 PM
We have a winner! :D :) :rolleyes:

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

tazandtweetinme
09-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Another fellow numbat here. And I am not sure about the waitress. I think by the end of the night, she was cracking a smile and don't forget about the "herbal tea?" And next time, we throw the rocks up at the fan.

Cache Maine
09-26-2007, 05:56 AM
...and don't forget about the "herbal tea?" And next time, we throw the rocks up at the fan.

How can we ever forget about the Organic Passion "packet" provided by the wonderful inn...LOL

Yes, I agree....we could start with the little ones....maybe the m&m's and get our aiming just right.

Pleasure to share laughs and stories with you this weekend...look forward to seeing you on the trail!

Mainiac1957
09-26-2007, 06:00 AM
Sure sounds like some wacky hi-jinks going on. I have no idea what you're talking about.:rolleyes:

Hiram357
09-26-2007, 06:59 AM
Sure sounds like some wacky hi-jinks going on. I have no idea what you're talking about.:rolleyes:

You just made me feel so much better! :D ;) :rolleyes:

WhereRWe?
09-26-2007, 07:17 AM

Sheesh! And here I was - keeping quiet - thinking that I was the stupid one! LOL! :D :D

Hiram357
09-26-2007, 07:25 AM
Sheesh! And here I was - keeping quiet - thinking that I was the stupid one! LOL! :D :D

welcome to the club, we'll get ya a t-shirt! :D

hollora
09-26-2007, 07:49 AM
Does anyone know where the little forks went? One would have made a great TB...........

firefighterjake
09-26-2007, 07:56 AM
welcome to the club, we'll get ya a t-shirt! :D

It's a conspiracy I tell ya . . . I mean don't tell me that it was just a coincidence that Hiram's, Bruce's and Mainiac's wedding invitation conveniently got "lost" in the mail. . . .;) :D

firefighterjake
09-26-2007, 07:58 AM
congrats to ya sudonim & pedalchick! (did ya get your geocaching names on the marriage license???)

btw... you drive slow and don't pay enough attention... When I passed you guys in Augusta, and I finally got your attention, I was behind you, beside you, in front of you, all the way from waterville... (It's almost as if you didn't want to acknowledge that ya knew me... I can't imagine...) :p :D ;)

I drive like that too . . . totally focused on the road . . . and eating my Big Mac . . . and changing the radio station . . . and adjusting the temperature control . . . and changing the seat position . . . and . . .;) :D

Next time try mooning them :D . . . maybe that would get their attention . . . although (true story) a few years back Heidi and I were going to Connecticut when a car with two young women in it supposedly passed us and one flashed me . . . while I missed it, Heidi spotted the flash and wasn't all too pleased.

Cache Maine
09-26-2007, 08:16 AM

What are we going to have to do, start a 12 Step Numbat Program? :D

Admitting that you are indeed one of us is the first step.

We are here for you.

Sudonim
10-02-2007, 01:09 AM
Pedalchick and I are getting a kick out of catching up on this thread. We have been out of communications for a few days in an undisclosed rain forest location down under, but will be back up to the non-exotic Maine soon enough. We haven't seen any real numbats yet, but flying foxes, eastern grey kangaroos, parrots and kukaburras are sure plentiful. Hopefully we don't see the inside of a salt water croc on our tour tonight......

...and Brad, you got alzheimers or something? :D

Mainiac1957
10-02-2007, 06:15 AM
Pedalchick and I are getting a kick out of catching up on this thread. We have been out of communications for a few days in an undisclosed rain forest location down under, but will be back up to the non-exotic Maine soon enough. We haven't seen any real numbats yet, but flying foxes, eastern grey kangaroos, parrots and kukaburras are sure plentiful. Hopefully we don't see the inside of a salt water croc on our tour tonight......

...and Brad, you got alzheimers or something? :D

I am truly glad you're having the time of your lives. The name on the "8" coin is absolutly perfect.;) You will have to share that one with the rest of the colony. Or what ever group numbats live in. See you in another week or so. We are gone to Vt. next week. Have fun!

tazandtweetinme
10-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Hay there Sudonim and pedalchick,
can't wait for you two to come home and have a colony get togeather for the numbats. I am glad that you two are having the time of your lives. Enjoy each other always. See ya soon.

Cache Maine
10-04-2007, 07:31 AM
Hay there Sudonim and pedalchick,
can't wait for you two to come home and have a colony get togeather for the numbats. I am glad that you two are having the time of your lives. Enjoy each other always. See ya soon.

What an amazing idea! We should have a Numbat Event!

firefighterjake
10-04-2007, 08:16 AM
What an amazing idea! We should have a Numbat Event!

But for us Numbskulls not in the know, you may want to explain a bit about Numbats. ;) :D

hollora
10-04-2007, 08:45 AM
But for us Numbskulls not in the know, you may want to explain a bit about Numbats. ;) :D

If you will try to eat rocks:eek: - that may be a start.

WhereRWe?
10-04-2007, 03:51 PM
If you will try to eat rocks:eek: - that may be a start.

Oh - so this has something to do with Hiram, then? :confused: :confused:

Hiram357
10-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Oh - so this has something to do with Hiram, then? :confused: :confused:

no no, thats eating rocks, not on the rocks... :rolleyes: ;) :D

tazandtweetinme
10-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Getting togeather sounds good to us. I wouldn't mind having a numbat reunion before the holidays get too close and we get so busy with the holidays to get togeather.

Mainiac1957
10-06-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm guessing they will all be at the upcoming event in Bangor on the 10th of November. Look on GC.com and you'll see it listed.;)

WhereRWe?
10-07-2007, 07:14 AM
I'm guessing they will all be at the upcoming event in Bangor on the 10th of November. Look on GC.com and you'll see it listed.;)

There's also a link to all upcoming events on the front page of this web site. :D

tazandtweetinme
10-15-2007, 07:29 PM
We have seen the gathering and have sent in our reservations. Hope to see everyone in the numbat family there!!:D :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool: :) :) :)