View Full Version : A cache to consider: GC15E8N - Well Rounded NE Cacher

Gob-ler
10-11-2007, 08:04 PM
GC15E8N - Unknown Cache Well Rounded NE Cacher (The Fizzy Challenge)

Team Bullis dropped me a note asking me to get the word out on this cache to us folks to the north of Massachusetts so here it is. I checked out my stats with the program that is referred to in the cache and I only needed another 13 or 14 caches. All tough ones of course.

Check it out and see if you can be Maine's First Well Rounded Cacher

hollora
10-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Gob-ler I just know you can do it! Cache on.........

Kaching Karen
10-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Okay, this is my kind of challenge! I only have 27 to go......... I honestly thought I'd have more than that covered. Oh well. Funny thing is, I don't have a 3.5/1.5 and other odd spots like that.

Hiram357
10-11-2007, 10:43 PM
GC15E8N - Unknown Cache Well Rounded NE Cacher (The Fizzy Challenge)

Team Bullis dropped me a note asking me to get the word out on this cache to us folks to the north of Massachusetts so here it is. I checked out my stats with the program that is referred to in the cache and I only needed another 13 or 14 caches. All tough ones of course.

Check it out and see if you can be Maine's First Well Rounded Cacher

I dunno, I can't get their program to run, and I don't see anything about running with vista... I'll try again tomorrow when I'm in a better state of mind...:rolleyes:

on a side note* Didyagetchyamooseyet Gobbler???? :confused:

tat
10-12-2007, 11:07 AM
I need just 15. Looks like I'll have to go out of state to get 5, there don't seem to be any active 5/2.5, 5/3, 5/3.5, 5/4.5, or 4.5/3 caches.

Team2hunt
10-12-2007, 05:38 PM
I need just 15. Looks like I'll have to go out of state to get 5, there don't seem to be any active 5/2.5, 5/3, 5/3.5, 5/4.5, or 4.5/3 caches.

Do I smell a road trip! :)

I only need 20. I'll look around and see what I can find.

Mainiac1957
10-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Did you say Road Trip?;) :rolleyes: :p

Gob-ler
10-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Hummmmmm, I just might be interested in some of that myself!

Cache Maine
10-12-2007, 08:58 PM
I've got 38 to go....

tat
10-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Road trip!

Team2hunt
10-13-2007, 09:09 AM
I am looking for the remaining caches on my list. I will need a few days since I will be on the road most of next week. Then we can plan a road trip.

Looks like it's Gob-ler, Mainiac, TAT, and T2H. Anyone else? I'm willing to drive anywhere in New England.

Hiram357
10-13-2007, 01:42 PM
I think I'm missin somethin here... I've been straining my eyes for about an hour staring at this tiny laptop screen... and i think i only need about 10 caches???? :confused: (that doesn't sound right...) is there an easy way to figure this out **cough** brdadcanprobablyfiguresomekindastatsthingout**coug h** i think i'm coming down with an odd cough too... :rolleyes: ;)

Hiram357
10-13-2007, 01:44 PM
nevermind... i tried their download... and it says i have 32 left... that sounds a bit better. :D

but which ones do i need??

tat
10-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Ooops!

I've deleted my post because I had the date range checked off incorrectly in my PQ.

Kaching Karen
10-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Have you looked at New Brunswick? I am claiming some finds in Nova Scotia, Washington, and British Columbia. I didn't see where I couldn't do this. I got two today so I now need 22.

tat
10-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Turns out, there are a lot of choices for the 5 cache types that are not found in Maine, 5/2.5, 5/3, 5/3.5, 5/4.5 and 4.5/3. We need to look carefully to pick the right ones!

Hiram357
10-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Turns out, there are a lot of choices for the 5 cache types that are not found in Maine, 5/2.5, 5/3, 5/3.5, 5/4.5 and 4.5/3. We need to look carefully to pick the right ones!

Just so you guys know, I just changed my lombard micro to a 5/2.5 and my Ft. Halifax micro to a 5/3.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hollora
10-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Just so you guys know, I just changed my lombard micro to a 5/2.5 and my Ft. Halifax micro to a 5/3.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So with this cache how does it work? If it was something when you found it and the cache is still there but has been changed you can't recover what it was when you found it can you (if you don't have your finds stored in GSAK)? So that means the research is only going to show the new ratings.............

Just wondering? As for the ratings on the caches - looks good. I wondered why Halifax was higher than Lombard but I suspect the length of walk.

Cheers!

tat
10-14-2007, 08:07 AM
So with this cache how does it work? If it was something when you found it and the cache is still there but has been changed you can't recover what it was when you found it can you (if you don't have your finds stored in GSAK)? So that means the research is only going to show the new ratings.............

The rule says:
-No rating changes of existing caches will be accepted as counting towards your goal.

I have no idea how anyone can research the d/t change history. I think it's on the honor system.

Hiram357
10-14-2007, 08:34 AM

Just wondering? As for the ratings on the caches - looks good. I wondered why Halifax was higher than Lombard but I suspect the length of walk.

Cheers!

The rule says:
-No rating changes of existing caches will be accepted as counting towards your goal.

I have no idea how anyone can research the d/t change history. I think it's on the honor system.

(I did put :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: after my comment, it was just a joke... ;) :p )

Haffy
10-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Sheesh you guys ought to know Hiram by now,he isn't serious on any matter of importance.......:rolleyes:

Hiram357
10-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Sheesh you guys ought to know Hiram by now,he isn't serious on any matter of importance.......:rolleyes:
yeah, but the stuff I am serious about, like... umm... uhh... the serious stuff... I am serious about... :cool: :D

firefighterjake
10-15-2007, 07:35 AM

I don't know about that . . . he's pretty serious when it come to beer and food.:D ;)

anniebananie
02-05-2008, 03:57 PM
This is our first post to Geocaching Maine. This is a very nice website. We just had to post a note to this thread. We completed the challenge in October, just after FTF Bushwhack Bob and one day before Team Bullis. What made it special is that the cache we needed to complete the grid was a 4.5/4. The only one within three hours was Stage Island II (GCZ6ZP). We made the 2.5 hour trip to Biddeford and had a fantastic time at low tide. The cache is a must do.

We spent a great deal of time chasing the 17 caches we needed to fill in the blanks to complete the challenge. As we understand it there are less than 20 cachers nationwide that have completed all 81 terrain/difficulty combinations. The final was the easiest - it is only 4.5 miles from our house. If anyone completes the grid and wants some company to visit the final, e-mail us through groundspeak. We would love to celebrate with you.

Anniebananie

firefighterjake
02-05-2008, 04:08 PM
This is our first post to Geocaching Maine. This is a very nice website. We just had to post a note to this thread. We completed the challenge in October, just after FTF Bushwhack Bob and one day before Team Bullis. What made it special is that the cache we needed to complete the grid was a 4.5/4. The only one within three hours was Stage Island II (GCZ6ZP). We made the 2.5 hour trip and had a fantastic time at low tide. The cache is a must do.

We spent a great deal of time chasing the 17 caches we needed to fill in the blanks to complete the challenge. As we understand it there are less than 20 cachers nationwide that have completed all 81 terrain/difficulty combinations. The final was the easiest - it is only 4.5 miles from our house. If anyone completes the grid and wants some company to visit the final, e-mail us through groundspeak. We would love to celebrate with you.

Anniebananie

Welcome to www.geocachingmaine.org (http://www.geocachingmaine.org) . . . feel free to post anytime . . . we always like meeting new folks here.

Medawisla
02-05-2008, 08:39 PM
This is our first post to Geocaching Maine. This is a very nice website. We just had to post a note to this thread.
Anniebananie

Thanks for dropping the invite/note. Welcome! And Congrats on completing the challenge!! Happy caching!:cool:

hollora
02-05-2008, 08:51 PM
This is our first post to Geocaching Maine. This is a very nice website. ............ If anyone completes the grid and wants some company to visit the final, e-mail us through groundspeak. We would love to celebrate with you.

Anniebananie

Welcome! Thanks for posting. Maybe this will encourage some to pursuit the challenge. Also, thanks for the invitation. Keep in touch, continue to post, and consider meeting us at some of the events in Maine sometime.:)

Hiram357
02-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Welcome to www.geocachingmaine.org (http://www.geocachingmaine.org) . . . feel free to post anytime . . . we always like meeting new folks here.

(SHHH!!! JAKE!! Didn't you see where their lisence plate was from!?!?!) :D:p:rolleyes:;)

firefighterjake
02-06-2008, 08:52 AM
(SHHH!!! JAKE!! Didn't you see where their lisence plate was from!?!?!) :D:p:rolleyes:;)

I can't say much about that since this week I'm an honorary Massachusetts citizen . . . or at least that's what it seems like since I had to drop off Heidi's car at the Autobody Shop for a minor repair (long story short, someone hit her a few weeks back . . . she ended up with a few scratches, he ended up with two blown airbags, a spidered windshield and a crumpled front end).

I was kind of eager to try out a new rental car . . . hoping to get something fun and exciting . . . especially after the rental agent said I had to sign the form agreeing not to drag race the car . . . and then she brought me out to a butt-ugly PT cruiser . . . with Massachusetts plates!

Needless to say I'll probably stick with driving my "beater" Honda and Toyota for the week! ;):D

Hiram357
02-06-2008, 09:02 AM
I can't say much about that since this week I'm an honorary Massachusetts citizen . . . or at least that's what it seems like since I had to drop off Heidi's car at the Autobody Shop for a minor repair (long story short, someone hit her a few weeks back . . . she ended up with a few scratches, he ended up with two blown airbags, a spidered windshield and a crumpled front end).

I was kind of eager to try out a new rental car . . . hoping to get something fun and exciting . . . especially after the rental agent said I had to sign the form agreeing not to drag race the car . . . and then she brought me out to a butt-ugly PT cruiser . . . with Massachusetts plates!

Needless to say I'll probably stick with driving my "beater" Honda and Toyota for the week! ;):D

lol, i went through the same thing when i wrecked the jeep, first they brought me a car with MA plates, and I said "haha... no." then they brought me a car with NY plates and I said "You're sent here to punish me arent you??" and they said, "well we have one with NJ plates..." So I ended up going with the car with MA plates... :rolleyes::D

btw Jake... you derailed another thread!! :p:rolleyes::D

firefighterjake
02-06-2008, 09:07 AM
lol, i went through the same thing when i wrecked the jeep, first they brought me a car with MA plates, and I said "haha... no." then they brought me a car with NY plates and I said "You're sent here to punish me arent you??" and they said, "well we have one with NJ plates..." So I ended up going with the car with MA plates... :rolleyes::D

btw Jake... you derailed another thread!! :p:rolleyes::D

But I betcha didn't have to drive a PT cruiser though . .. although you do have a fondness for Chrysler products. ;):D

Oh yeah, you and I are always derailing these things aren't we . . . but that's because I can never remember what we're talking about . . . so what is the topic of this thread anyways.;):D

anniebananie
02-06-2008, 09:23 AM
BUT, you probably would not let the RUBICON these tags are attached to stay too long in the rental lot!!!:):):):):)

Anniebananie

Hiram357
02-06-2008, 12:28 PM
BUT, you probably would not let the RUBICON thase tags are attached to stay too long in the rental lot!!!:):):):):)

Anniebananie

actually they didnt have any jeeps, so I settled for the JapaJeep and took the Mistubishi Outlander. :D

Team2hunt
02-06-2008, 08:53 PM
This is our first post to Geocaching Maine. This is a very nice website. We just had to post a note to this thread. We completed the challenge in October, just after FTF Bushwhack Bob and one day before Team Bullis. What made it special is that the cache we needed to complete the grid was a 4.5/4. The only one within three hours was Stage Island II (GCZ6ZP). We made the 2.5 hour trip to Biddeford and had a fantastic time at low tide. The cache is a must do.

Anniebananie

Glad you found us. I believe there are 3 of us who are looking to finsih the Fizzy Challenge this spring. I have a few more in Maine and several in Vermont that fit the ratings. We'll let you know when we are headed south. Thanks for the post.