View Full Version : Do we have official logo?

Haffy
01-31-2005, 07:15 PM
I was just wondering if we have an official logo for geocachingmaine? And if we do where is it and can we get a url so we can link to it if we need to? The reason I asked is ,I answered a question in the Groundspeak forums as to organizations of geocachers and I mentioned our loosely knit group of cachers here in Maine and would have liked to have put up our logo as well. I did put the link to our website but wanted to include the logo as well. Thanks.

WhereRWe?
01-31-2005, 09:20 PM
We don't have a "official" logo, but the following is as close as we've come.

In the thread I started some time ago about forming an association, Rick played around with this logo and I've been using it as the signature on my emails.

I think it's pretty good...

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/signatures/signature.jpg

This automatically updates each time it's run.

brdad
02-01-2005, 09:21 AM
I thought our "official" logo was the Sate logo with the GX logo on it, that Rick made and put on this site?

Haffy
02-01-2005, 09:40 AM
That's what I thought too, so now I am really confused.

WhereRWe?
02-01-2005, 09:55 AM
That's what I thought too, so now I am really confused.

Eating yellow snow again, Haffy? :D

But sheesh! I'm easy to get along with.

Here's the link:

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/images/misc/geocachingmaine.gif

Haffy
02-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Looks to me like we have the makings of a contest to pick the "Official Maine Geocachers Logo" We have well over 100 members now and maybe this would be a good time to have one. We also have some members who are very adept at Photoshop and other software programs with good graphic capabilities and maybe they have other great ideas we could incorporate into a new logo. How does everyone else feel about this? Just a thought as we seem to have some confusion as to what we do have for a logo. And Bruce,it seems like you have some confusion as well as you put up 2 different links for 2 different logos. Just thought maybe we can have some clarification that's all. :confused:

attroll
02-01-2005, 01:35 PM
I thought we had a Maine Geocaching Logo already.

brdad
02-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Weren't the files on the site here somewhere? I searched some for them, even searched for the thread where we discussed the logo, but can't seem to come up with anything. I almost think I even started that thread, but still found nothing.

WhereRWe?
02-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Looks to me like we have the makings of a contest to pick the "Official Maine Geocachers Logo" We have well over 100 members now and maybe this would be a good time to have one. We also have some members who are very adept at Photoshop and other software programs with good graphic capabilities and maybe they have other great ideas we could incorporate into a new logo. How does everyone else feel about this? Just a thought as we seem to have some confusion as to what we do have for a logo. And Bruce,it seems like you have some confusion as well as you put up 2 different links for 2 different logos. Just thought maybe we can have some clarification that's all. :confused:

No, I'm not confused. THERE IS NO "OFFICIAL" Maine Geocachers logo.

There is a logo that is at the top of this page which is the logo for the GeocachingMaine web site. If there was a vote among the members to designate that as the "OFFICIAL" logo for Maine Geocachers, I'm sorry I missed it. And by what right do the "members" of this web site have the authority to designate an "Official Maine Geocachers" logo? There is no Maine Geocacher's Association, to give such a designation some legitimacy.

I posted one logo which I liked, and I thought Rick did a great job of producing.

You asked for a link to the logo at the top of the page, and I provided that as well.

I AM NOT CONFUSED! :D :D :D

WhereRWe?
02-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Weren't the files on the site here somewhere? I searched some for them, even searched for the thread where we discussed the logo, but can't seem to come up with anything. I almost think I even started that thread, but still found nothing.

BRDAD - here's a link to the only thread I remember, and it was associated with my suggestion to have a Maine Geocachers's organization:

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=193&page=2&pp=10

brdad
02-01-2005, 04:17 PM
I know I posted a thread concerning the logo early on. I know a few weeks into it, there was some changing of the forum topics and/or software, possibly it got lost in the move? That's how we came up with the logo, which was edited to work for the site as well. And I am sure it wasn't when we were on the Yahoo site. In the thread Atroll did most of the work, we just kept making suggestions and giving our comments. Even Haffy, who started this thread was in on it. I don't think we took an actual poll on the final design, though.

I go nuts when I know something happened and I can't find the proof!

WhereRWe?
02-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Well, I've looked and the origin of the logo at the top of the page predates the web site, so it seems. If anything else is there, I can't find it. It would help if I had more RAM, though. I can't seem to remember anything.

The first time I can find mention of the logo is when ATTROLL was playing with the Maine logo for possible t-shirt designs.

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=110

attroll
02-03-2005, 02:43 AM
Well, I've looked and the origin of the logo at the top of the page predates the web site, so it seems. If anything else is there, I can't find it. It would help if I had more RAM, though. I can't seem to remember anything.

The first time I can find mention of the logo is when ATTROLL was playing with the Maine logo for possible t-shirt designs.

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=110

Bruce

I deleted that thread you are referring to after we all agreed on the logo at the top of the page. I figured that since we all agree on it there was no reason to keep that thread around any longer.

I have no problem with it if anyone wants to design a logo. But that was what that thread was about that WhereRWe is referring to if I remember correctly. Since then we have had shirts designed with that logo on it and other things. If we are going to change the logo now then we better change it to something we are going to stick with and not keep changing it every year. A logo is something that represents a group and when you see it you know what it stands for.

I for one thought that the Web site was for representing our Maine Geocachers that we have here. If the web site does not represent our group then I will remove the logo. I am confused. What is the logo we all agreed on before all about?

brdad
02-03-2005, 07:56 AM
I thought we had the logo all worked out, and I am glad someone remembers the thread, and better yet, knows why it does not exist anymore!

With all this confusion, maybe we should take a poll to make sure everyone is in agreement with our original decision, or we should all pipe in here to say we are happy with the one used on this site (I can't seem to find the option for starting a poll now).

Atroll, if we keep what we are using, can you post the logos in the photo gallery or somewhere in a few different sizes/file formats for all to have easier access to?

This is the logo, same one this site uses. There was also a version with just the graphic, no text - they work together depending on your use.

Hiker Twins
02-03-2005, 07:59 AM
If the logo in question is the one at the top of this page, then I vote for it. I like it and also thought it was "ours"!

Mainiac1957
02-03-2005, 08:15 AM
I was under the impression that the logo at the top of the page was the logo for Maine Geocaching. Since an orginization was never formed, this is the only site or group at this time. I like what we have, and as the expression goes "If it ain't broke,why fix it" :eek:

WhereRWe?
02-03-2005, 09:15 AM
I sense that this entire thread was a troll, so I'm sorry I even spoke up.

:(

I'll go stand in the corner for a while... :p

Haffy
02-03-2005, 10:01 AM
Glad we got that all straighened out. The current logo is just fine the way it stands. Thought I would never find that thread when we first started this website so glad it was you Rick who deleted it. So now it's official as far as I am concerned. Thanks for setting us all straight on this one once again Attroll. You can leave the corner now Bruce. :D