View Full Version : Extreme Tide Event

Kaching Karen
10-23-2007, 01:20 PM
It looks like I can attend this event, but most likely will be too tired to drive home at night (working night shift and regular work). So, where are people "camping" out for the evening? I prefer to camp, but am game for anything....:D

Hiram357
10-23-2007, 02:14 PM
It looks like I can attend this event, but most likely will be too tired to drive home at night (working night shift and regular work). So, where are people "camping" out for the evening? I prefer to camp, but am game for anything....:D

Stef & I are going to camp out at the Hampton in Biddeford, the place has much to offer when it comes to quality, comfort, and reputation, all of which mean nothing to me because it's close enough to the bars.... :rolleyes: ;) :D

firefighterjake
10-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Hmmm . . . I know it might go against my better judgment, but I am actually toying around with the idea of attending this event and doing some caching in this part of the state as I haven't done any down that away . . . I would be curious to know if folks are planning on camping anywhere as well . . . otherwise it will be a long drive home for me . . . assuming of course if I work up the courage to attend this event.

Hiram357
10-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Hmmm . . . I know it might go against my better judgment, but I am actually toying around with the idea of attending this event and doing some caching in this part of the state as I haven't done any down that away . . . I would be curious to know if folks are planning on camping anywhere as well . . . otherwise it will be a long drive home for me . . . assuming of course if I work up the courage to attend this event.

cmon jake! hotels are cheap this time of year :D

Kaching Karen
10-23-2007, 03:42 PM
cmon jake! hotels are cheap this time of year :D

Rates start at $105? That's not cheap in my books! Camping is so much cheaper... or sleeping in the car outside the Hampton Inn. :D

Hiram357
10-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Rates start at $105? That's not cheap in my books! Camping is so much cheaper... or sleeping in the car outside the Hampton Inn. :D

where were ya looking? I found them starting around $80, besides the walls of the hotel will drown out the sound of the trucks a lot better than the walls of the tent. I think that makes it pretty well worth it, well, that and the mini bar! :)

Haffy
10-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Maybe CacheMaine can get yah a deal!!!

tat
10-23-2007, 06:25 PM
The ultimate in OOB is only $200 for 6 people. That's 35 a piece!

tat
10-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Camping is $25 per night per tent at Cascadia Park.

tat
10-23-2007, 06:30 PM
For a really cheap room, there's plenty at $59 for 4. That's half the price of camping.

Kaching Karen
10-24-2007, 12:41 AM
I'm working an 80 hour week this week and I am certainly not use to it. I'm game to whatever people want to do. TAT, wasn't there a condo involved somewhere? Was that the place for 6? I don't snore... I think.

Hiram357
10-24-2007, 07:33 AM
Camping is $25 per night per tent at Cascadia Park.
That's pretty pricey to sleep on the ground. (is it surrounded by massive out of state RVs and trailers too?)

cape ann carol
10-24-2007, 08:42 AM
Ok I see a few ideas but has there been any solid arrangements made yet? This one is so close to my home I really don't have to worry but I would enjoy the overnight with everyone...

Hiram357
10-24-2007, 04:46 PM

change of plans, brad talked me into staying with the cool kids (he didn't quite know who they were or when they were showing up though...) but I switched our reservations to the grand as well. :D

(maybe they'll give us complimentry beer for all of us staying there...):D

Hiram357
10-24-2007, 04:48 PM
LOL! And I just found out that even though I'd be saving $45 by origianly staying at the same hotel... after the cancelation fees I'm only saving $13... :rolleyes: (DOH! shoulda just listened to brad in the first place...)

hollora
10-24-2007, 07:36 PM
But the $13 means you can get another 6 pack at least........

Kaching Karen
10-25-2007, 12:06 AM
change of plans, brad talked me into staying with the cool kids (he didn't quite know who they were or when they were showing up though...) but I switched our reservations to the grand as well. :D

Can I be one of the cool kids? By the way, the extra $13 will barely get you a good 6-pack in Canada.... but there is nothing, and I repeat, nothing that is as good as an Alexander Keith's IPA... "Brewed ONLY in Nova Scotia."

Hiram357
10-25-2007, 07:18 AM
Can I be one of the cool kids? By the way, the extra $13 will barely get you a good 6-pack in Canada.... but there is nothing, and I repeat, nothing that is as good as an Alexander Keith's IPA... "Brewed ONLY in Nova Scotia."

I dunno... do you have any credentials for being one of the cool kids?? (maybe a few cases of that beer...) You'll have to ask brad if you can be one of the cool kids, he just said i could hang out with em... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WhereRWe?
10-25-2007, 09:24 AM
but there is nothing, and I repeat, nothing that is as good as an Alexander Keith's IPA... "Brewed ONLY in Nova Scotia."

Sheesh! That's a FACT! Have you ever been on their brewery tour? Very interesting. :D :D

But I note that the brewery is now under control of Labatt's, which is a division of the huge Belgian brewing empire InBev... :( :(

Kaching Karen
10-28-2007, 06:47 PM
What fun! Thank goodness TAT suggested I take my dry suit along and wear it while going out for the cache. We almost gave caching a bad name by being in the right place at the right time, and being observed by someone that didn't understand that the sand bar was exactly where we wanted to be. We were wondering why there were blue flashing lights on shore. One call to the police (who were not panicing) settled things. Then there was the night time entertainment (Red Sox Game) that I slept through. I met cachers from Mass. and others that I have cached with before. The caching to and from the event was great. You are all a great bunch! Special thanks to TAT for hosting the event.

PS.... I got the closest to the cache! Na nah na na nahhhhhhhhhhh. :D

hollora
10-28-2007, 07:09 PM
You rock Gal!:D

tat
10-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Well, if you missed this one, I have some bad news: It looks like the next extreme low tide will be 2010-01-31 17:42 EST -1.91 feet Low Tide. It's not on a Saturday, but at least it's on Sunday. It's hard to imagine the tides will not get that low again for so long. Check out: http://tbone.biol.sc.edu/tide/tideshow.cgi?site=Old+Orchard+Beach&units=f

See if you can find an earlier date that the tide will be less than -1.9 feet.

Hiram357
10-28-2007, 08:55 PM

well i got second closest without a wetsuit... and but i think Bob got ahead of all of us... :rolleyes: :p :D

hollora
10-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Well, 2010 we will all just be a little bit older........if you hold another event I will need a Heavy Winter Coat and hopefully not a wheelchair LOL

Hiram357
10-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Well, 2010 we will all just be a little bit older........if you hold another event I will need a Heavy Winter Coat and hopefully not a wheelchair LOL

we can put ya in a dogsled and have jock and sweetie pullya! :D :rolleyes: ;)

hollora
10-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks and I sure hope I am there to enjoy the ride! You guys (and Gals) are the greatest!