View Full Version : Geocaching Handout

WhereRWe?
02-02-2005, 08:22 PM
ROLOST2? and went into a fast food place today, and the counter person noticed my "Some geocachers don't sign the logbook" pin, and asked what it was about. Well, we spent 10 minutes telling her about geocaching. I wish we had something tio give her other than the geocaching.com and geocachingmaine.org URL's.

I emailed Groundspeak - they don't really have anything one their website that would be a good handout - and they replied and directed me to Geocaching U which has 2 excellent resources - a tri-fold handout and a business card type item.

Here's the link:

http://www.geocacher-u.com/resources/brochure.html

Haffy
02-02-2005, 08:25 PM
I keep a handful of them with me in my pack all the time and have handed them out on numerous occasions.They are especially good to hand out to geomuggles when they ask you why you are talking on your cellphone in the middle of the woods....lol :)

WhereRWe?
02-02-2005, 08:36 PM
And after printing out a few copies, I find that it's a good idea to print 2-3 copies (they come out on 2 pages), then reverse the copies and send them through the printer again for 2-sided copies.

Almost looks like a professional brochure!

noreasta
02-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Thanks for pointing me to that link, You are right Haffy on my Laser Printer is does look professional, not almost !! What a great Idea. I have so many people stop and ask me about it. So now i will keep some of these handy.. Wish i had these when the local newspaper did an article on me a little over a year ago..

NOREASTA

attroll
02-04-2005, 02:01 AM
Maybe someone can scan one for printing and post it here somewhere.

Team2hunt
02-07-2005, 05:43 PM
I went to the site and printed a copy, very nice. I then noticed you can add your own info. I put in my geocaching name, geocachingmaine.org and a cute saying. Makes a great tool for explaining what we love to do. Thanks for the link. :D

Team2hunt
02-09-2005, 09:46 PM
I took the two page handout to Staples, to print a couple of copies. WRONG. 1.09 a side for color copies, that's 2.18 for the two sided handout. My home copier looks pretty good now. Don't make the same mistake.:(

WhereRWe?
02-10-2005, 08:20 AM
I took the two page handout to Staples, to print a couple of copies. WRONG. 1.09 a side for color copies, that's 2.18 for the two sided handout. My home copier looks pretty good now. Don't make the same mistake.:(

Um... How many pages can you get from a color printer cartridge? LOL!

:eek:

Team2hunt
02-10-2005, 08:51 AM
Holy smokes. Alot more than 10. I almost didnt ask the price and ordered 50 copies. lol:D I need to open a copy business. Nights only, hard to find stuff in the dark, easier during the day. Yah that would work.