View Full Version : Breakfast & Caching - 11/11

hollora
11-04-2007, 11:53 AM
It is to late to get this posted as an actual event on Geocaching.com:( but let's do it anyway!:)

Many of you may be planning on attending or thinking about attending the Resurrecting Beer and Wings Event (GC15Y3R)in Bangor this coming weekend. Some of you, I know, are planning on staying over Saturday night and this may convenience others to do so.

Team2Hunt, Foxgloves and I were talking and thought it would be fun to get together for breakfast Sunday morning. So a plan it is:

Sunday morning, 10:00 AM, Central Street - Bangor, at the Bagel Shop. (I will post coords later this week.) Everyone is welcome - dutch treat of course. The Bagel Shop is kosher and offers a large variety from bagel, eggs, to cream cheese & lox. There should be something for everyone.

After we have filled our tummies, a few of us are planning to go tackle the cache "Cool Tools" (GCVPHQ). Others may choose to head in another direction - we will start the day together and disburse from there.

Just a light and fun wrap up to a weekend. If you are considering joining us, please post a note. There is no reserve seating but we will do our best to save you a spot.

Team2hunt
11-04-2007, 01:01 PM
The 2 of us will be there. And the caching afterwards will be a bonus. Thanks for posting this great idea of yours. ;)

hollora
11-04-2007, 01:59 PM
The 2 of us will be there. And the caching afterwards will be a bonus. Thanks for posting this great idea of yours. ;)

Ahemmmm - I think the idea was a collabrative effort.

Medawisla
11-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Where are folks staying?:confused:

Team2hunt
11-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Where are folks staying?:confused:

I ususally stay in the Country Inn right next to the Home Depot. Much to my surprise that when I tried to book a room last week they were filled. I am 19 miles away in Bucksport. I got the last room. Not too far out of the way. So I am told. Everything else in Bangor/Brewer was filled. Only other choice was camping!

hollora
11-05-2007, 09:54 PM
There are a couple of other hotels in Bucksport - PM me for info.........

firefighterjake
11-06-2007, 08:29 AM
I ususally stay in the Country Inn right next to the Home Depot. Much to my surprise that when I tried to book a room last week they were filled. I am 19 miles away in Bucksport. I got the last room. Not too far out of the way. So I am told. Everything else in Bangor/Brewer was filled. Only other choice was camping!

Are you sure you weren't trying to book a hotel in Vermont or Caribou -- sounds like something that would happen to me.;) :D

tat
11-06-2007, 08:56 AM
I bet the Ranger Inn and Stucco Lodge have space. But, I'd rather drive, especially if the company picks up the tab.

hollora
11-06-2007, 11:13 AM
The Bagel Shop is on Central Street in Bangor. The coords, road side, in mid front, are N 44 48.128 W 068 46.295 Based on how mine varies from some others - most will probably be right in front of the door LOL

Hope to see a few of you there - TAT what time will you be there?

tat
11-06-2007, 11:39 AM
...Hope to see a few of you there - TAT what time will you be there?

I'd have get there at opening time, (6am!) in order to leave there before 7:15 am and be on time for my class. I'm not sure it's worth getting everybody up that early.

Medawisla
11-06-2007, 03:51 PM

So...I guess we'll stay with you then?? hehe;)

I think we're out of luck for hotels...but Hiram's looking...:(

Team2hunt
11-06-2007, 06:33 PM
So...I guess we'll stay with you then?? hehe;)

I think we're out of luck for hotels...but Hiram's looking...:(

OMG! Can you imagine.....:rolleyes:

WhereRWe?
11-06-2007, 07:13 PM
I did a search for hotels, too, and came up with nothing. What's going on in the Bangor area that weekend?? Surely, there can't be that many people planning on attending the two geocaching events! LOL!

Cache Maine
11-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Last I knew there is rooms in Belfast and Waterville...but for most that won't help much. We have a waiting list a mile long for rooms Friday and Saturday night. Not sure what is going, but I heard somewhere about a flash mob!!!! I might have to check that one out myself! he he heh

hollora
11-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Well - it is not Bingo at Indian Island (Francis Family works those and she is off until December). There is the parade and sometimes they do bring in folks from away - but we have a lot of rooms so that can't be it. Every church in the area seems to be having a church fair, but, hubby said that surely couldn't be it.........a few local bean suppas - again not something one would reserve an overnight room.........

Hey, I'm local and can't figure it out. T2H went to one of the hotels outside of Bangor itself.

Cache Maine
11-06-2007, 08:13 PM
I think part of the problem is the loss of the Main Street rooms (roughly 200) when the Holiday Inn and the Maine Street Inn were torn down to make way for the new Hollywood Slots. The remaining hotels have definately seen the impact.

tat
11-06-2007, 08:15 PM
There's winter camping in Eddington! :)

Francis Family
11-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Ummm...Hollora might have the coords right but the name wrong for dining. It's no longer "The Bagel Shop"... better known now as Bagel Central (sorry mom couldn't resist) :o)
I think issues with hotel rooms might be that this is a long weekend due to holiday Monday and we are in prime time for Canadian Christmas shopping, especially due to the fact that their money is at premium right now...
Has anyone looked into hotel options in Old Town/Orono area?!? ... Milford Motel, Black Bear Inn, University Inn and Link View Motel

Sudonim
11-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Twin City Motor Inn in Brewer is pretty big and usually has vacancies.

Hiram357
11-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Last I knew there is rooms in Belfast and Waterville...but for most that won't help much. We have a waiting list a mile long for rooms Friday and Saturday night. Not sure what is going, but I heard somewhere about a flash mob!!!! I might have to check that one out myself! he he heh

Sweet! I'll check for rooms in the waterville area.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

Hiram357
11-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Twin City Motor Inn in Brewer is pretty big and usually has vacancies.

and theres a reason for that... :rolleyes:

hollora
11-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Bagel Central will always be the Bagel Shop to me - anyway - you won't miss it.

Francis Family had a good idea with some of the smaller places up her way.

No doubt the traffic down from Canada has an effect......and then of course the Events.

Sudonim
11-06-2007, 09:39 PM
and theres a reason for that... :rolleyes:

I'm not disagreeing with you, just throwing the option out there...:p