To all you Educators out there....

HAppy Snow Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your day........!

Hiram357
12-03-2007, 08:00 AM
woo hoo snow!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

darterkitfox
12-03-2007, 08:06 AM
what about us temporary UPS workers that don't know what they're doing, where they're going, and have to probably work an even longer day now?

brdad
12-03-2007, 08:13 AM
The offices of the brdad anything for a buck company will also be closed today due to the blizzard of December '07. :D

Kaching Karen
12-03-2007, 08:57 AM
what about us temporary UPS workers that don't know what they're doing, where they're going, and have to probably work an even longer day now?

I work at the LLBean call center and last night we were telling people to expect an extra day on the deliveries because of the storm. See..... don't blame me!

Wow, I got my "no school" call at 5:30 and looked out the window. Called a friend and decided we'd go snowshoeing. Got up 2 hours later and I am going nowhere! What a dumping!

I hope LLB lets me sleep on their floor tonight.

team teebow
12-03-2007, 09:19 AM
KK,

We are the store that is suppose to know the outdoors!!! We should have a sleeping bag somewhere there for you to use. When I'd have to go to the Northport Call Center to do network work we always had a cot and sleeping bag in the back room for a nap or two!!!

TT

tat
12-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Wooooo Hooooo, Snow!!!!!!!!!

team teebow
12-03-2007, 09:26 AM
Moooooo Hooooo Suom!!!! (Spelled upside down!!!) This storm is just YUCKY!!! Now I have to go plow a few driveways. I was hoping to have a bunch of cold weather first to freeze up the lakes and rivers for some fishin'. Now with the insulation of the snow it will take a little longer. Oh well......

Team2hunt
12-03-2007, 10:11 AM
I have the day off to go out and play in the white stuff. :) Troy has the day off to shovel me out. :p

Hiram357
12-03-2007, 10:27 AM
well, I ventured off this morning, got on the highway at Ex127, got back off at Ex130... I had enough... this is what it looked like (at 30mph)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/apmcgarvey/I95.jpg

Cache Maine
12-03-2007, 11:10 AM
That right there is why I'm staying home!

tat
12-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Wow, HiramCam!

Hiram357
12-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Wow, HiramCam!

yeup, and for $50 an hour you can subscribe to the live feed of me watching the snow through my window while I drink beer... (all proceedes go to the Hiram's New Jeep Foundation) :D :D :D

Mainiac1957
12-03-2007, 02:17 PM
I feel honored to know someone with their very own foundation.:rolleyes: (Other than the kind under the house that is.) :p :p

Hiram357
12-03-2007, 02:26 PM
I feel honored to know someone with their very own foundation.:rolleyes: (Other than the kind under the house that is.) :p :p

honored enough to subcribe??? ;)

I'm also going to try and acution off the spare tire... :D

Team2hunt
12-03-2007, 02:52 PM

acution (verb) the act of connecting 220 volts by way of a cable and knocking off the attached component. A common task used by Jeep and Magellan owners.

firefighterjake
12-03-2007, 02:53 PM

I've got a spare tire that I would love to get rid of . . . ;) :D

firefighterjake
12-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Incidentally Hiram . . . where were you on November 28th?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22024571/

Hiram357
12-03-2007, 03:15 PM
acution (verb) the act of connecting 220 volts by way of a cable and knocking off the attached component. A common task used by Jeep and Magellan owners.

well... since I own neither, would you consider the word Auction?

Hiram357
12-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Incidentally Hiram . . . where were you on November 28th?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22024571/

don't make me have to kill you.... you didn't see anything... got it???? :cool: ;)

Mainiac1957
12-03-2007, 03:17 PM
My silence worth a keg? Or two...;)

firefighterjake
12-03-2007, 04:20 PM
don't make me have to kill you.... you didn't see anything... got it???? :cool: ;)

http://www.hogansheroesfanclub.com/multimedia/sounds/schultzIKnowNothingISeeNothingAndISayNothing.wav

Hiram357
12-03-2007, 04:47 PM
http://www.hogansheroesfanclub.com/multimedia/sounds/schultzIKnowNothingISeeNothingAndISayNothing.wav

ok jake... be honest now... How long have you been saving that link until you had an oppourtune time to use it????? :confused:

Haffy
12-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Hey about some more photos of that great Maine snowstorm? I want to show some people down here what snow is really like. You can send them to my email addy if you like. Thanks Haffy.

As I sit here it is 56 degrees and the sun is just starting to set.

Medawisla
12-03-2007, 09:00 PM
2006/7 winter dump

Haffy
12-03-2007, 09:30 PM
I remember those from last year and that was when Hiram lost his GPS wasn't it?:D

Hiram357
12-03-2007, 10:40 PM
I remember those from last year and that was when Hiram lost his GPS wasn't it?:D

*sigh* yeah, back in the day, when I had a jeep... :( and a garmin... :(

Mainiac1957
12-04-2007, 06:28 AM
Looks like it's going to be another snow day for some. Brewer and Old Town Schools are already closed for the day. We got over 12 inches here, so far.

d’76
12-04-2007, 07:40 AM
:D :D :D :D :p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D

hollora
12-04-2007, 07:51 AM
:D :D :D :D :p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D

Day 2 :eek: Hope you don't end up paying on the other end in June;)

d’76
12-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Day 2 :eek: Hope you don't end up paying on the other end in June;)

I dont care about that. We have plenty of breaks through the spring. Its this time of year that it feels impossible to get through

hollora
12-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Sure hear you! Having a daughter-in-law who is a teacher (and my former mother-in-law was too) really enlightened me. Teachers deserve a lot of credit!

Enjoy your day - sure is pretty out there!

firefighterjake
12-04-2007, 08:36 AM
ok jake... be honest now... How long have you been saving that link until you had an oppourtune time to use it????? :confused:

Nope . . . had to search the internet for this gem.

firefighterjake
12-04-2007, 08:37 AM
*sigh* yeah, back in the day, when I had a jeep... :( and a garmin... :(

So speaking of this . . . what are you driving these days and what are you using for geocaching now?

firefighterjake
12-04-2007, 08:38 AM
Looks like it's going to be another snow day for some. Brewer and Old Town Schools are already closed for the day. We got over 12 inches here, so far.

Darn City Manager lives right here in town so the City never closes . . . or goes home early. Last night's drive home was quite the trip . . . about 35 mph all the way down Rt. 9. :mad:

Kaching Karen
12-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Ah, you Mainers are such woosies! I remember in Nova Scotia when we use to walk 11 miles to school in snow up to our waist! (just kidding). ;)

Really though, I think there are too many breaks in the system here. We just get going and "bang!" antoher break....

Oh well, I can ski, check on a cache, get Christmas Cards done, shop for the impossible son, etc.

Happy Snow Day! :D

Hiram357
12-04-2007, 11:35 AM
So speaking of this . . . what are you driving these days and what are you using for geocaching now?

at the moment driving nothing (except the work truck...but not for caching) and for geocaching, well i've been forcing myself to get used to the 76 (I still don't like it, too much stuff on it)

Ah, you Mainers are such woosies! I remember in Nova Scotia when we use to walk 11 miles to school in snow up to our waist!

yeah, but you need to tell the truth, that all canadians are really 6" tall, and after the exchange rate 11 miles is really 11' :rolleyes: ;) :p :D

*sigh* i'm already getting cabin fever... or maybe it was those hot wings i had for breakfast.... :o

al'Thor
12-04-2007, 11:37 AM
[quote=Kaching Karen;37458]Ah, you Mainers are such woosies! I remember in Nova Scotia when we use to walk 11 miles to school in snow up to our waist! (just kidding). ;)

and I suppose you also had to walk uphill both ways!!!

firefighterjake
12-04-2007, 12:16 PM
at the moment driving nothing (except the work truck...but not for caching) and for geocaching, well i've been forcing myself to get used to the 76 (I still don't like it, too much stuff on it)

It could always be worse . . . you could be stuck with a Magellan. ;) :D

Hiram357
12-04-2007, 12:44 PM
It could always be worse . . . you could be stuck with a Magellan. ;) :D

and a ford! (sorry bruce) :D

WhereRWe?
12-04-2007, 01:32 PM
and a ford! (sorry bruce) :D

Wait a minute! I don't own a Magellan! :confused: :confused:

HappyTogether
12-04-2007, 07:22 PM
and a ford! :D

Kinda happy I am stuck with my Mercury (a.k.a. Ford) and my Magellan, they both work :D

Hiram357
12-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Kinda happy I am stuck with my Mercury (a.k.a. Ford) and my Magellan, they both work :D

oh sure, i see how it is, kick a guy when he's down... :p

(btw havent seen much of ya around, did ya fall off the earth for a while?) :confused: :D

Medawisla
12-05-2007, 07:40 AM
Hiram, what's your new jeep headstone say?:confused:

Hiram357
12-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Hiram, what's your new jeep headstone say?:confused:

finding a cache one crash at a time...

i think i did pretty good on the artwork :)

Medawisla
12-05-2007, 10:18 PM
finding a cache one crash at a time...

i think i did pretty good on the artwork :)

Yeah...I like the flower ;)

Hiram357
12-06-2007, 04:00 PM

*cough* http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071206/ap_on_bi_ge/ford_recall *cough* ;) :rolleyes: :p

firefighterjake
12-06-2007, 04:43 PM
*cough* http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071206/ap_on_bi_ge/ford_recall *cough* ;) :rolleyes: :p

HaHa . . . I saw this as well this afternoon and for some reason was wondering if you noticed it as well. Of course, HappyTogether, Bruce, Cameo and friends can all say one thing . . . their Fords are still on the road and under their own power (for now at least.) ;) :D

WhereRWe?
12-06-2007, 06:20 PM

Sheesh! They're diesel engines! What would you expect??? :p :p

HappyTogether
12-06-2007, 08:13 PM
oh sure, i see how it is, kick a guy when he's down... :p

(btw havent seen much of ya around, did ya fall off the earth for a while?) :confused: :D

I've been around, though I am even quieter as a poster than I am in person.

Don't know the details of the Jeep's demise, wasn't able to get into the thread mentioned in the newsletter. Hope my weak attempt at humor wasn't too mean spirited.

btw - theres a purple geo tracker for sale across the street from my office, should I get the number? :confused:

Hiram357
12-06-2007, 10:32 PM
btw - theres a purple geo tracker for sale across the street from my office, should I get the number? :confused:

The Jeep is gone for good.... not coming back... I'll pass on the tracker....

d’76
12-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Thread has been derailed....

Funny how that happens:D

Hiram357
12-07-2007, 08:17 AM
Thread has been derailed....

Funny how that happens:D

the snow day is over, it's legal.... :p ;)

(besides wasn't it meant for snow day entertaintment? the fun just isn't ending...:D )

Medawisla
12-07-2007, 07:18 PM
I've been around, though I am even quieter as a poster than I am in person.

Don't know the details of the Jeep's demise, wasn't able to get into the thread mentioned in the newsletter. Hope my weak attempt at humor wasn't too mean spirited.

The thread was in the Off Road Caching Adventures forum. You have to add that group under your user profile to access the forum. But yeah, Hiram lost his GPS and Jeep in the same day!:(

Medawisla
02-13-2008, 09:19 AM
HAPPY SNOW DAY!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Team Richards
02-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Ok TT where is that cot now..... and how come your not at work???

Medawisla
02-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Ok TT where is that cot now..... and how come your not at work???

IT'S A SNOW DAY!!!!!:D
State offices are closed due to snow and ice :)

WhereRWe?
02-13-2008, 09:32 AM
Well, what are you going to do on your day off? LOL!

I just asked RULOST2? what she was going to do today. "I'm going to sew", she says, whereupon I told her that there was no way, no how that I was going to sew today.

So she tells me, "OK, you can clean house". "No", I said, "I'll sew too".

SHEESH! ;);)

Medawisla
02-13-2008, 09:52 AM
Well, what are you going to do on your day off? LOL!

I just asked RULOST2? what she was going to do today. "I'm going to sew", she says, whereupon I told her that there was no way, no how that I was going to sew today.

So she tells me, "OK, you can clean house". "No", I said, "I'll sew too".

SHEESH! ;);)

I'm not sure what I'm doing today...I haven't thought past, SNOW DAY!!!!:D
I gotta clean too, though. I started with the dishes, but there's so much left to do...I have some letters to write folks as well...:p

d’76
02-13-2008, 10:29 AM
I am preparing menus for next week. 9 days at camp takes some planning and this was perfect timeing.:D

tat
02-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Don't tell Karen, she has to work on a snow day!!

Team2hunt
02-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Don't tell Karen, she has to work on a snow day!!

I don't think it is snowing where she is today.

But it is another snow day here in So.Maine. 8" of snow and it has now turned to sleet and freezing rain.

FuddsGirls
02-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Moooooo Hooooo Suom!!!! (Spelled upside down!!!) This storm is just YUCKY!!! Now I have to go plow a few driveways. I was hoping to have a bunch of cold weather first to freeze up the lakes and rivers for some fishin'. Now with the insulation of the snow it will take a little longer. Oh well......
Hey, last month I get thrown off the Ford tractor and then run over. Tonight when we were plowing I managed to stay on. Yay for snow, I was supposed to sub today. At least we didn't lose power yet tonight, cross my fingers....

Medawisla
02-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Hey, last month I get thrown off the Ford tractor and then run over. Tonight when we were plowing I managed to stay on. Yay for snow, I was supposed to sub today. At least we didn't lose power yet tonight, cross my fingers....

You Jinxed us!!! :eek::p
We lost power for an hour or so, good thing the laptop had a great battery, we just watched a movie! :D:cool:

HappyTogether
02-13-2008, 10:12 PM
I miss snow days, the Town Hall never seems to shut down. On the plus side, it was very quiet there today.

hollora
02-13-2008, 10:21 PM
I miss snow days, the Town Hall never seems to shut down. On the plus side, it was very quiet there today.

Wow - up here there were a number of town halls closed. Of course Bangor City Hall hardly ever closes. But that's the Big City!

Even the Bangor Social Security office closed at 1P - and most of the Social Security Offices around the state never opened. State Government was shut down - Federal Courts.........and I remember when nothing except schools used to close for a storm. How times have changed.

Hiram357
02-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Wow - up here there were a number of town halls closed. Of course Bangor City Hall hardly ever closes. But that's the Big City!

Even the Bangor Social Security office closed at 1P - and most of the Social Security Offices around the state never opened. State Government was shut down - Federal Courts.........and I remember when nothing except schools used to close for a storm. How times have changed.

I heard on the radio today they closed the IRS buildings... I thought they would keep those open until the eve of the apocolypse... :eek:

firefighterjake
02-14-2008, 09:12 AM

:mad::( Yup . . . everyone else from area city and town halls may close . . . the county offices may close . . . the state may close . . . and the feds may even close down . . . but the City of Bangor never closes for the day or goes home early no matter what the situation (we're a lot like the Postal Service . . . just crazy homicidal government workers you know!) . . . since you never know when someone will want to come to the fire station to have me show their kid how to stop, drop and roll right smack during a blizzard. I can't tell you the number of times that my 45-minute drive home has been a white knuckle driving experience . . . last night was none too pleasant due to all the flooded roads.

Sabby
02-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Fair warning.

I traveled to Maine last week and brought all the snow from NY with me.

I am headed back up there on Saturday for the week and will try to bring lots more.

Get prepared! :)

Kacky
02-14-2008, 11:11 AM
We only lost power for 4 hours. It came back on just as I was starting to get envious of my neighbor's wood stove. How is everyone else doing?

firefighterjake
02-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Fair warning.

I am headed back up there on Saturday for the week and will try to bring lots more.

That would be great . . . but keep the predicted rain south in New York would ya??? ;):D

Sabby
02-14-2008, 02:26 PM
That would be great . . . but keep the predicted rain south in New York would ya??? ;):D

Yeah I will leave it behind. I am looking forward to caching and snowshoeing up there.I don't like caching in freezing rain.

It wasn't as bad here as you got. We only have about a quarter inch of ice on the trees.

Hiram357
02-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Fair warning.

wait a minute! all the snow from ny is that black and brown snow that falls on and around the roads... bring some of the cleaner stuff with ya! :D

Sabby
02-14-2008, 08:41 PM
wait a minute! all the snow from ny is that black and brown snow that falls on and around the roads... bring some of the cleaner stuff with ya! :D

OK I promise to bring clean, very white, snow with me, but you have to promise to keep it that way. :)

Team Richards
02-15-2008, 07:55 AM
We still have no power. A woman up the street talk to someone who talked to CMP and they said it will be this weekend sometime.... A Wood stove is a good thing.

tat
02-15-2008, 12:47 PM
It seems the South is winning!!!

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/nerfc/graphics/snowmaps/sd1_today.jpg

Hiram357
02-15-2008, 02:26 PM

that's not really winning, that lil pink circle is just the portion that God wants to punnish by makin the snow too deep for the people to find theyre snowmobiles... :rolleyes::D

Team Richards
02-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Power is back on :Dfile:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/David/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Captured%202008-2-14/Ice%20on%20trees.JPG. Look at the trees in our yard.

Team2hunt
02-16-2008, 09:29 AM

Hey that's right in my backyard........and front yard and .......well all around me. Actually that is up near Bridgton. I work with several people from that area and they got well over a foot this week.

d’76
03-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Snow DAy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Sleep in and enjoy your coffee, and now go to school till July:o

Medawisla
03-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Snow DAy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Sleep in and enjoy your coffee, and now go to school till July:o

Yeah, state took too many snow days too, we don't get anymore apparently...I've got to head in here soon, but I don't wanna!:(

Kaching Karen
03-05-2008, 05:22 PM
There's no icing on the cake, here...
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, another snow day. I really think we could have gone today. We haven't got the icing that was called for. I have a thin layer of crusty snow. Does that count?

Medawisla
03-05-2008, 09:50 PM
There's no icing on the cake, here...
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, another snow day. I really think we could have gone today. We haven't got the icing that was called for. I have a thin layer of crusty snow. Does that count?

I agree, a delayed start would have been appropriate...now I gotta work late tomorrow to make up for my delay today:(