View Full Version : Keep your eyes peeled...

Hiram357
12-21-2007, 08:46 AM
I think I've made up my mind... that I want my next venture to be a CJ-8 (otherwise known as a jeep scrambler) so far UH and online searching have weilded no good deals as of yet... (the only ones I've found have been extremely well maintained and have had tons of work put into them and made them too nice looking to take off road and also made them cost lots of $$$$$$$) So if ya happen to see one somewhere that looks like its in decent shape lemme know!

firefighterjake
12-21-2007, 09:07 AM
I think I've made up my mind... that I want my next venture to be a CJ-8 (otherwise known as a jeep scrambler) so far UH and online searching have weilded no good deals as of yet... (the only ones I've found have been extremely well maintained and have had tons of work put into them and made them too nice looking to take off road and also made them cost lots of $$$$$$$) So if ya happen to see one somewhere that looks like its in decent shape lemme know!

I know a Jeep guy who somehow manages to find old Jeeps . . . if you're interested I can PM you his phone number. This is the same guy who has the old Jeep (Willys?) that I've posted pics of on this site.

Hiram357
12-21-2007, 03:34 PM
I know a Jeep guy who somehow manages to find old Jeeps . . . if you're interested I can PM you his phone number. This is the same guy who has the old Jeep (Willys?) that I've posted pics of on this site.

whereabouts is the guy from? You have sparked my interest... ;)

dubord207
12-21-2007, 05:50 PM
You looking for something strictly offroad? If you are, there are military Jeeps with huge tires and clearance that will make the new ATV's look like kid's toys. I went for a ride in one last summer and the guy drove it over a slash pile that was 20 feet high. Pretty radical but seriously all-terrain. The one I went in cost about $1200.

Hiram357
12-21-2007, 06:35 PM
You looking for something strictly offroad? If you are, there are military Jeeps with huge tires and clearance that will make the new ATV's look like kid's toys. I went for a ride in one last summer and the guy drove it over a slash pile that was 20 feet high. Pretty radical but seriously all-terrain. The one I went in cost about $1200.

well it needs to be street legal to get to and fro, but fuel economy and comfort is of no importance... whereabout did he get the jeep?

d’76
12-21-2007, 08:05 PM
well it needs to be street legal to get to and fro, but fuel economy and comfort is of no importance... whereabout did he get the jeep?

Remember when purchasing said vehicle you will want it to be easy for stephie to get the car seat in and out. LOL :p

Hiram357
12-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Remember when purchasing said vehicle you will want it to be easy for stephie to get the car seat in and out. LOL :p

I typed and erased and retyped my comment about 5 times already... and I still can't figure out a way to keep it "family freindly".... :mad: :p ;)

WhereRWe?
12-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Sheesh... I hope you've been making weekly entries in the Jeep Geocaching Sweepstakes! (http://jeep.geocaching.com/sweeps/) :D :D

Hiram357
12-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Sheesh... I hope you've been making weekly entries in the Jeep Geocaching Sweepstakes! (http://jeep.geocaching.com/sweeps/) :D :D

no, i dont want a new chrysler commander or dodge compass... :rolleyes: ;) :p :D

I've been entering all the sweepstakes for the rubicons or the modded out/new built cjs on websites like 4wdhardware.com and sites like those. :D :D

I've even tried the sympathy vote, most of the sites have lil questionaires you answer before you're entered and they ask things like the make and model of your current vehicle, and in the Model i would put something like Nonethejeepwastotaled and the make would be something like Pleasegivemeanewjeepmyshoesarewearingout, heh, i was actualy quite suprised on some of those sites how many characters you could type into one little box to describe the make of a car... :D

but alas... I think theyre all rigged... :( :rolleyes:

WhereRWe?
12-22-2007, 06:13 PM
no, i dont want a new chrysler commander or dodge compass... :rolleyes: ;) :p :D

Sheesh, Hiram! That's like saying you wouldn't want to win the lottery if they paid you in $1bills! ;) ;)

If you win something, you can always sell it for what you want! (And the prize in that contest is a new Jeep Liberty - I know Medawookie would like that...).
LOL!

firefighterjake
12-23-2007, 07:37 AM
whereabouts is the guy from? You have sparked my interest... ;)

Dave Smith . . . he lives right here in town. The only guy I know who owns at least four Jeeps that are licensed and on the road (a couple of Cherokees, an old Jeep pick-up, the Willys (at least I think it's a Willys . . . maybe one of the early generation CJs) . . . and on top of that he even has a Unimog!

Dave has an uncanny ability to find Jeeps . . . which he often takes in and turns around and fixes up before selling them. If you're still interested I'll give you his number. He's a good guy.

Hiram357
12-23-2007, 08:26 AM
Sheesh, Hiram! That's like saying you wouldn't want to win the lottery if they paid you in $1bills! ;) ;)

If you win something, you can always sell it for what you want! (And the prize in that contest is a new Jeep Liberty - I know Medawookie would like that...).
LOL!

well... I used to have an uncle, that would give my brother and i $25 every christmas... my brother would get a 20 and a 5 and I would get 25 ones... I never understood that... but it drove me nuts... :rolleyes: :p :D

and i don't think i would want the hassel of winning somethin then selling it... that would be a lot of taxes and paperwork (paperwork and taxes drive me nuts too..) :D

tat
12-23-2007, 09:33 AM
...well... I used to have an uncle, that would give my brother and i $25 every christmas... my brother would get a 20 and a 5 and I would get 25 ones... I never understood that... but it drove me nuts... :rolleyes: :p :D ... :D

Thanks for the great gift idea!!!

HappyTogether
12-23-2007, 11:09 AM

and i don't think i would want the hassel of winning somethin then selling it... that would be a lot of taxes and paperwork (paperwork and taxes drive me nuts too..) :D

So if Hiram wins a contest, we can expect an ad in Uncle Henry's for trade....

Brand new Commander, will trade for rusty CJ8 frame. Must include buckets of loose parts which you think probably came off the CJ8. Number of parts buckets negotiable, I am really looking for a good project. I don't want to deal with the Commander, help me get it out of my driveway.:D

Hiram357
12-24-2007, 12:09 AM
So if Hiram wins a contest, we can expect an ad in Uncle Henry's for trade....

Brand new Commander, will trade for rusty CJ8 frame. Must include buckets of loose parts which you think probably came off the CJ8. Number of parts buckets negotiable, I am really looking for a good project. I don't want to deal with the Commander, help me get it out of my driveway.:D

That's absurd!! the frame would have to be in somewhat good condition... :D

Medawisla
12-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Dave Smith . . . he lives right here in town. The only guy I know who owns at least four Jeeps that are licensed and on the road (a couple of Cherokees, an old Jeep pick-up, the Willys (at least I think it's a Willys . . . maybe one of the early generation CJs) . . . and on top of that he even has a Unimog!

Dave has an uncanny ability to find Jeeps . . . which he often takes in and turns around and fixes up before selling them. If you're still interested I'll give you his number. He's a good guy.

We should meet over pizza, UHOP!! :D :cool:

Mainiac1957
12-26-2007, 08:27 PM
I think I'm going to Unity to cache on Saturday. If that's the day you were getting together then I wouldn't mind joining you for lunch. Keep me posted.:cool:

Hiram357
12-26-2007, 11:29 PM
I think I'm going to Unity to cache on Saturday. If that's the day you were getting together then I wouldn't mind joining you for lunch. Keep me posted.:cool:

this saturday? i dont think we have plans for this saturday... I'll have to check my schedule....

Stef whats our plans???

She'll get back to you... :D

firefighterjake
12-27-2007, 09:16 AM

What caches haven't you found here? I thought you pretty much got them all . . .

firefighterjake
12-27-2007, 09:18 AM
We should meet over pizza, UHOP!! :D :cool:

Sounds good . . . UHOP pizza is always good in my book though . . . I'll have to play it by ear though . . . after working mega hours for the past two weeks with only a day off here and there Heidi has off a whole two days off in a row on Saturday and Sunday and as such we're hoping to go grocery shopping and work on the house (if you do come in to town, stop by . . . I can show you our finished bedroom and hall -- it looks much nicer with paint and flooring . . . at this point it's hard to tell where and when I'll be available this weekend.

firefighterjake
12-27-2007, 10:47 AM
I've spoken to Dave and asked him to keep an eye out for a Scrambler. He says a Scrambler in good condition should run you $4,000-$10,000 . . . he says there's not a lot of them out there which is why they cost a bit more than some other Jeeps of similar years. Right now he doesn't know of any, but he said he would be having a meeting with the Jeep club in another week or so and would put the word out there as well.

Mainiac1957
12-27-2007, 11:39 AM
What caches haven't you found here? I thought you pretty much got them all . . .

A couple cards and Nially's Grandchildren caches.

firefighterjake
12-27-2007, 04:40 PM
A couple cards and Nially's Grandchildren caches.

Looks like someone will be digging in the snow . . . I don't think it will be an issue but if you bring the geo pups be careful on Nially's Grandchildren caches since most of these are located alongside the Snowmobile Trail. The loss of snow should mean that few if any folks will be riding this weekend, but then again you never know . . . some yahoos will ride on just about anything more than a hard frost (I'm thinking of my brother).

Mainiac1957
12-27-2007, 04:49 PM
So how hard are we going to have to twist your arm to hit UHOP for lunch?:rolleyes: And are we going to see all the fruits of your labors at the house? :rolleyes: I know, so many unanswered questions. Medawisla, Mr Medawisla, any comments?:eek: :cool:

Medawisla
12-27-2007, 06:02 PM
So how hard are we going to have to twist your arm to hit UHOP for lunch?:rolleyes: And are we going to see all the fruits of your labors at the house? :rolleyes: I know, so many unanswered questions. Medawisla, Mr Medawisla, any comments?:eek: :cool:

Lunch this Saturday would be good, we only have plans on Sunday. :D

firefighterjake
12-28-2007, 08:49 AM

At this point it sounds as though I'll be home all day Saturday . . . plan to work on the house doing renovations. Give me a call if you guys are in the area . . . no promises since I might be right in middle of something though.

Medawisla
12-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Well it's 10:10 and Aaron says he's got what I had this week: nausea and sore throat, so I don't know if we're headed out today...:(
...and it's pretty outside too!

The G Team
01-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Darned nice looking XJ here:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=938248
If you haven't totally given up on them :-)

Haffy
01-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Darned nice looking XJ here:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=938248
If you haven't totally given up on them :-)

And only a couple of hours from me too..... I deliver....:D

Katadin Goddess
01-28-2008, 12:45 AM
too bad i got rid of the 94 cherokee for a wrangler