View Full Version : The WWWWWW4 Event is Posted!

WhereRWe?
12-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Hope to see as many as possible of you there (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=574419ce-2731-4f78-ad5c-74eeb51b7ca7). :D :D

Team2hunt
12-25-2007, 09:33 AM
This one has turned into an annual event for us. Last year we had a crew that went for a snowshoe afterwards. Anyone interested in carrying on the tradition? The Team needs something to help burn off the huge sandwich we get.

We can't wait..........:) :D :cool:

Haffy
12-25-2007, 09:43 AM
I would like to suggest this new cache in Oakland if you want a great place for that hike afterwards.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7c7f7bf0-ba7e-4d28-acf2-6c3070a3de0f

7 caches for the price of one,can't beat that!!!

Kaching Karen
12-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Geesh, it seems I can never get to this event! I'll be flying back from Guatemala. :eek:

Team2hunt
12-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Geesh, it seems I can never get to this event! I'll be flying back from Guatemala. :eek:

that is all the you get " bad " from Guatemala. :o And no we won't want to hear about it. :eek:

Kaching Karen
12-25-2007, 09:28 PM
that is all the you get " bad " from Guatemala. :o And no we won't want to hear about it. :eek:

I don't get it.

dubord207
12-26-2007, 03:14 PM
I would like to suggest this new cache in Oakland if you want a great place for that hike afterwards.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7c7f7bf0-ba7e-4d28-acf2-6c3070a3de0f

7 caches for the price of one,can't beat that!!!

Hey Haffy, Happy New Year! Is the new trail system I mentioned to you a few days ago? Wow, talk about a multi. I'm headed to Florida tomorrow but will do this one as soon as I return.

Haffy
12-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Yes that's the one so I guess you are too late to put any out there now.

Hiram357
12-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Hope to see as many as possible of you there (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=574419ce-2731-4f78-ad5c-74eeb51b7ca7). :D :D

I posted that I'll be attending... but seeing that it is so far away for us and i really dont care for that place much at all, we're not sure if well make it....

(for those of you unware of Hiramspeak, this translates to "we live 5miles away and we visit this place pretty much weekly, of course we'll be there!!!") :D :D :D

Medawisla
12-29-2007, 01:37 PM
This one has turned into an annual event for us. Last year we had a crew that went for a snowshoe afterwards. Anyone interested in carrying on the tradition? The Team needs something to help burn off the huge sandwich we get.

We can't wait..........:) :D :cool:

Hiram and I haven't gotten the series on the Mess. Trail out of Oakland yet: GC17PRW
:D :cool: :)

Team2hunt
12-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Hiram and I haven't gotten the series on the Mess. Trail out of Oakland yet: GC17PRW

A short distance away and a nice snowshoe too. Looks like we have a winner! I'm sure I can talk Foxgloves and 1manteam into it.

Medawisla
12-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Mainiac said he'd join us too!:) We all just stopped by to do a test-tasting run of Big G's, make sure things were up to par.:rolleyes: :D We went at a slow time, and our sandwiches did come fast, but the place was packed anyway! :eek: Word of the wise: Get there early! ;)

WhereRWe?
12-29-2007, 04:11 PM
We went at a slow time, and our sandwiches did come fast, but the place was packed anyway! :eek: Word of the wise: Get there early! ;)

We went last week as well. :)

The event officially "starts" at noon, but RULOST2? and I will be there at 11:00. As in the past, many cachers start gathering between 11:00 and 12:00, and we gradually manage to take over the room.

I don't understand why, since we've had more than 100 people at past WWWWWW events, that they won't let us reserve the room! :( :(

Medawisla
12-29-2007, 04:17 PM
That's ok, your plans have worked out well in the past:) :cool: , I'm sure we'll all fit, and it makes it almost impossible not to meet new cachers when you're practically rubbing shoulders with them. :D :p

WhereRWe?
12-29-2007, 05:42 PM
And by the way...

RULOST2? and I will be going to Spain, Portugal and - hopefully - Morocco in April. We will take a LIMITED number of SMALL TB's with us if anyone wants a TB to go to Europe (no limit on geocoins). Log the TB/coin into the event, and MAKE SURE you give it directly to us.

Hiram357
12-29-2007, 06:14 PM
And by the way...

RULOST2? and I will be going to Spain, Portugal and - hopefully - Morocco in April. We will take a LIMITED number of SMALL TB's with us if anyone wants a TB to go to Europe (no limit on geocoins). Log the TB/coin into the event, and MAKE SURE you give it directly to us.

I have a bottle of shampoo TB and a nailclipper TB you can take on the plane over with ya... :rolleyes: :D

Team2hunt
12-29-2007, 06:26 PM
I have a bottle of shampoo TB and a nailclipper TB you can take on the plane over with ya... :rolleyes: :D

All they would have to do. Is pack them in the suitcase TB I have. DUH!:rolleyes:

Mapachi
01-01-2008, 01:29 PM
"Shotgun" and I live close to this place and love it. We are new to geocaching, just got our first GPS and have alot of questions. We have snowshoes too! We would love to go "Caching" after, We are looking forward to meeting all of you.

firefighterjake
01-02-2008, 09:13 AM
"Shotgun" and I live close to this place and love it. We are new to geocaching, just got our first GPS and have alot of questions. We have snowshoes too! We would love to go "Caching" after, We are looking forward to meeting all of you.

Welcome to geocaching Mapachi . . . and I'm glad you were able to find this place . . . I've said it before and I'll say it again . . . if you've got questions, the folks here generally have the answers . . . to anything (including geocaching!) ;) :D

kayaking loon
01-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Okay, so there are no dumb questions...... But.... we plan to go to our first event in February, if the weatherman is willing. Does everyone wear name tags with both their caching name and their real name? If not, how do we know who we're meeting? Does Jake come dressed as a fireman? Does Bruce look lost? Do I need to wear black and white feathers and carry a paddle? (How are those for dumb questions?). Are the blank name tags provided at the restaurant by Bruce???? :confused:

dí76
01-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Okay, so there are no dumb questions...... But.... we plan to go to our first event in February, if the weatherman is willing. Does everyone wear name tags with both their caching name and their real name? If not, how do we know who we're meeting? Does Jake come dressed as a fireman? Does Bruce look lost? Do I need to wear black and white feathers and carry a paddle? (How are those for dumb questions?). Are the blank name tags provided at the restaurant by Bruce???? :confused:

Yes to all of them :D:D:D

Jake will be wearing a firemans thong for the calendar shoot.

Usually the host of the event provides name tags and a sign in sheet

Medawisla
01-21-2008, 12:23 PM

Unless Jake changes his mind, he won't be there....:( (He's not an event guy...unless it involves ORCA tread lightly events...)
I don't recall ever seeing anyone dress as their alias...but that would make for a really cool event, no?? :p

dí76
01-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Unless Jake changes his mind, he won't be there....:( (He's not an event guy...unless it involves ORCA tread lightly events...)
I don't recall ever seeing anyone dress as their alias...but that would make for a really cool event, no?? :p

I wasnt real creative when I came up with my name, so what would my costume look like Steph

Medawisla
01-21-2008, 01:28 PM
I wasnt real creative when I came up with my name, so what would my costume look like Steph

I dunno, I think a Dave from 1976 would be pretty groovy!! ;):p:D

Medawisla
01-21-2008, 01:29 PM
I dunno, I think a Dave from 1976 would be pretty groovy!! ;):p:D

And Connie's gotta be dressed from Down Under ;):p:cool:

WhereRWe?
01-21-2008, 06:33 PM

Since you've met us, you know what we look like - just look for us. LOL! And yes, we'll have blank name tags for you fill out when you enter the "back room" at the location.

If you have a TB or geocoin you want to trade, bring that along as we'll have a TB table. We'll have a few door prizes, a lot of us will bring our "toys" for demonstrations, and TAT has promised to sing a few songs about kayaking on the Atlantic. ;);)

hollora
01-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Since you've met us, you know what we look like - just look for us. LOL! And yes, we'll have blank name tags for you fill out when you enter the "back room" at the location.

If you have a TB or geocoin you want to trade, bring that along as we'll have a TB table. We'll have a few door prizes, a lot of us will bring our "toys" for demonstrations, and TAT has promised to sing a few songs about kayaking on the Atlantic. ;);)

Jean - just come early (recommended), order your food and move out towards the left of the ordering station to the "back room". You will find the "lost" one at the first table and hopefully room to sit. Boy, last year it got crowded fast. The "lost" one has name tags, tickets and if necessary important information. Can't wait to meet you there ............ stay warm until them. Cachers are great and help make it all work out. :)

Haffy
01-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Hope someone takes photos too as I usually did. I'll miss it for sure. Have a great time!!!

Medawisla
01-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Hope someone takes photos too as I usually did. I'll miss it for sure. Have a great time!!!

We'll miss you too, Haffy!!:( ...I'm not sure how you'd have dressed up...:rolleyes::confused::p

WhereRWe?
01-21-2008, 07:49 PM
We'll miss you too, Haffy!!:( ...I'm not sure how you'd have dressed up...:rolleyes::confused::p

Will we miss Haffy? NOT! He didn't show up at last year's WWWWWW! :p:p

Haffy
01-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Yeah I know,the engine blew in my car....:confused:

firefighterjake
01-22-2008, 08:59 AM

Jake doesn't do geocaching events . . . well except for the Tread Lightly events and once upon a time he was allegedly sighted at a certain geocacher's birthday party (but then again that may have been an imposter.) ;):D

firefighterjake
01-22-2008, 09:00 AM

I don't think you would want to see Jake wearing a thong . . . even Big G's sandwiches would soon lose their appeal if I showed up wearing one of those.;):D

firefighterjake
01-22-2008, 09:01 AM

Tat's going to be singing sea chanties, eh? ;):D

Medawisla
01-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Tat's going to be singing sea chanties, eh? ;):D

Now that's worth coming to see, no??:confused::D

Team2hunt
02-08-2008, 08:56 PM

Just thought I would remind everyone who wants to, that we will be snowshoeing after the event. We will not be leaving the WWWWWW4 event until it is over. So you may want to bring your headlight, just in case we don't finish the 2.5 mile hike, til near sunset. Foxgloves and I will definitely be there, espicially with all of this new snow. :):D

attroll
02-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Just thought I would remind everyone who wants to, that we will be snowshoeing after the event. We will not be leaving the WWWWWW4 event until it is over. So you may want to bring your headlight, just in case we don't finish the 2.5 mile hike, til near sunset. Foxgloves and I will definitely be there, espicially with all of this new snow. :):D
Where are you going to be snowshoeing at this time after the event?

Hiram357
02-08-2008, 09:15 PM

If it's going to go that late maybe we should bring a "doctor" with us just in case... ya know... to be on the safe side... ;):D

Medawisla
02-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Where are you going to be snowshoeing at this time after the event?

Messkalonski trails (I'm misspelling this though, you can see from earlier posts) It's in Oakland.

If it's going to go that late maybe we should bring a "doctor" with us just in case... ya know... to be on the safe side... ;):D

Yes, definately ;):D

bmeserve
02-09-2008, 10:24 AM
I would love to be there especially since I have friends in that area but unfortunately I have a show in Portland that I have to be at all day :( SOOOO Bummed!

Team2hunt
02-09-2008, 05:52 PM
[quote=Medawisla;39261]Messkalonski trails (I'm misspelling this though, you can see from earlier posts) It's in Oakland.

GC17Q2H We are going to head over to Oakland and do this 7 cache series. I don't want to try and set a time to leave the WWWWWW4 as I do not know how Bruce is going to run the event. I don't think we will be out past dark, (should be light out til almost 5:20PM) but a headlamp and a Dr. should definitely be advised. Just in case! :eek::p

WhereRWe?
02-09-2008, 06:59 PM
[quote=Medawisla;39261] I don't want to try and set a time to leave the WWWWWW4 as I do not know how Bruce is going to run the event.

Sheesh! This is WWWWWW4! We'll run it just like the last 3! :p:p

Seriously, though, nothing formal. A simple meet, greet, and EAT! Should be winding down by 2:00 - 3:00...

Sabby
02-10-2008, 08:10 AM
I went up to Maine to visit the family last Thursday and want you all to know that I brought the snow with me from NY. It snowed almost continually from the time I arrived. I am back in NY now and understand that it is still snowing up there. Glad to hear it as I am coming back up for WWWWWW4 and cant wait to to the caches you have planned withyou all.

Team2hunt
02-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Glad to hear it as I am coming back up for WWWWWW4 and cant wait to do the caches you have planned with you all.

I'll save you a seat in the the Team Tahoe. I think with the crew we have going we will need to car pool. :);):p:rolleyes: :o:cool::eek::D

Hiram357
02-10-2008, 09:25 AM
I'll save you a seat in the the Team Tahoe. I think with the crew we have going we will need to car pool. :);):p:rolleyes: :o:cool::eek::D

last time i drove by the trailhead it wasnt plowed out, we may have to park on a side street and walk in.

Team2hunt
02-10-2008, 09:41 AM
last time i drove by the trailhead it wasnt plowed out, we may have to park on a side street and walk in.

Can't you go over and shovel it out for us? Cascade Mill Road is that the best place to park?

Hiram357
02-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Can't you go over and shovel it out for us? Cascade Mill Road is that the best place to park?

yeah, ill get right on that shoveling thing....

the mill road is the closest side rd., I'll take a look next time i go by and see how it is for parking.

Haffy
02-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Or you can park at the Town hall and walk over to the trailhead from there.

Sabby
02-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Or you can park at the Town hall and walk over to the trailhead from there.

I don't know if I can manage that extra distance on the hike. :)

WhereRWe?
02-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Don't forget - if anyone has a TB/geocoin they want us to take to Europe in April, log it into the event and let us know. We're going to Spain, Portugal and - hopefully - Morocco. :D:D

hollora
02-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the reminder. That is an invitation to travel. I wished the Gorilla (ExoticPetMan's Bobo) I sent with TAT to his event (where the fellow from Europe came) had gone somewhere - it vanished! Urghhhh........but those are the breaks. Maybe someday he will show up again. I put some work into that baby and he had some extra stuff too.

Now - on to your journey. Let's see what we might do.

Sudonim
02-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Don't forget - if anyone has a TB/geocoin they want us to take to Europe in April, log it into the event and let us know. We're going to Spain, Portugal and - hopefully - Morocco. :D:D

Morocco is fun. A word to the novice, camels get up BACK LEGS FIRST!!!
I cannot stress this enough, almost went over the horns. (You can't really see the horns, but they are there:p ) Evil animals...

WhereRWe?
02-19-2008, 08:01 AM
I wished the Gorilla (ExoticPetMan's Bobo) I sent with TAT to his event (where the fellow from Europe came) had gone somewhere - it vanished! Urghhhh........but those are the breaks. Maybe someday he will show up again. I put some work into that baby and he had some extra stuff too.

We were at Tat's event and sent our "Maine Chickadee Plate #3 (http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=63197)" to Germany with "TravelingViking". It's now in France.

Ironically, TravelingViking was the person who picked up our "Maine Chickadee Plate #1 (http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=56870)" TB from the Fort Williams Cache (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=deced6dc-e2a2-4c54-beec-e002a350f42c) near Portland in 2003 and took it to Germany. It has since traveled all over the world. :D:D

hollora
02-19-2008, 01:33 PM
We were at Tat's event and sent our "Maine Chickadee Plate #3 (http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=63197)" to Germany with "TravelingViking". It's now in France.

Ironically, TravelingViking was the person who picked up our "Maine Chickadee Plate #1 (http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=56870)" TB from the Fort Williams Cache (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=deced6dc-e2a2-4c54-beec-e002a350f42c) near Portland in 2003 and took it to Germany. It has since traveled all over the world. :D:D

Must have been the wings and feather on the Chickadee - I should have known better than to release something with hair and fur LOL;)

pjpreb
02-19-2008, 08:00 PM

I chat with a cacher from Portugal and I'd like to send a sig item their way. His cacher name is SUp3rFM. (aka Hugo and Ana).

This is so cool....:)

WhereRWe?
02-20-2008, 08:35 AM
I chat with a cacher from Portugal and I'd like to send a sig item their way. His cacher name is SUp3rFM. (aka Hugo and Ana).

Took me a while to find them on gc.com, but I see they live in Lisbon, and since that's where we expect to visit (at a minimum), looks like this is a good possibility.

I broke down and bought a SD card version of Garmin's City Navigator NT - Spain & Portugal for our 60csx. Sheesh! Expensive or what? Hope I can sell it when we get back! LOL!

WhereRWe?
02-24-2008, 02:23 PM
It's 1:22 on the day after the event, and there are still 11 TB's and geocoins logged into the event (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=574419ce-2731-4f78-ad5c-74eeb51b7ca7). Please pick them up! :D:D

hollora
02-24-2008, 05:20 PM
A lot of those are coins folks logged in for discovery - Team Richards, Team2Hunt, etc. The only one of mine left is the one I handed off to you after you set up your little table - Hollora's World Cache Traveler Geocoin - gave it to you first thing so it could go with you on the trip. Hope you still have it - if not it will be the shortest lived coin I ever put out. Nice event - thanks for sponsoring.

You folks have a wonderful time on your trip!

WhereRWe?
02-24-2008, 05:32 PM
A lot of those are coins folks logged in for discovery - Team Richards, Team2Hunt, etc. The only one of mine left is the one I handed off to you after you set up your little table - Hollora's World Cache Traveler Geocoin - gave it to you first thing so it could go with you on the trip.

Sheesh! You must have given it to RULOST2?, and she never tells me anything! LOL! :o:o

But yes, I've got it now. And have logged it out. There are now 10 trackables left! :D:D

hollora
02-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Don't blame it on RULOST2 - you may need her sometime..:eek:..heeee, heee - but I see you got it and thank you:). It will be fun to track it's journey.

If you meet a nice cacher it's ok, based upon your judgement, to pass it off rather than drop it in a cache - that's up to you.;) Have a wonderful trip!:D

A couple of TBs which may be problematic:( but the largest % I believe are discovery coins dropped.:o It is nice to get all the trackables cleaned right up and close out the event.

Team Richards
02-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks again for a great event, we have picked up our coins.

WhereRWe?
02-24-2008, 07:59 PM
YAY! Down to 3 remaining:

Rubic's Revenge
Flying Loon
SWCD Butterfly

Foxgloves
02-24-2008, 08:46 PM
I have the Flying Loon TB. Stef handed it off to me at one one of the caches on the snowshoe trek. I am waiting for her to drop it first before I officially grab it.

Team2hunt
02-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Just thought you would all like to know just how the snowshoe went. I had my track on, and kept it in Mapsource.

We headed over to Oakland for: Messalonskee Trail Series

We hit the trail at 2:08PM, we snowshoed to 7 caches in just over 3:31:09 hours/minutes/seconds. The roundtrip was 3.8 miles and we (I) averaged 1.1 MPH. The journey finished at 5:38PM, and that was 16 minutes after sunset. Thanks to all who joined us for the afternoon. Truly a Team effort. :)

Medawisla
02-25-2008, 10:13 PM
I have the Flying Loon TB. Stef handed it off to me at one one of the caches on the snowshoe trek. I am waiting for her to drop it first before I officially grab it.

Yes, sorry, life got a hold of me, as I was snowshoeing to all hours of the night Saturday, busy with family on Sunday and work today, but now all TBs are logged and dropped :) I didn't realize it but the SWCD Butterfly came from the Messalonskee Trail and that's where I dropped it...:o:p

Medawisla
02-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Just thought you would all like to know just how the snowshoe went. I had my track on, and kept it in Mapsource.

We headed over to Oakland for: Messalonskee Trail Series

We hit the trail at 2:08PM, we snowshoed to 7 caches in just over 3:31:09 hours/minutes/seconds. The roundtrip was 3.8 miles and we (I) averaged 1.1 MPH. The journey finished at 5:38PM, and that was 16 minutes after sunset. Thanks to all who joined us for the afternoon. Truly a Team effort. :)

Thanks to everyone who came together for a great day of snowshoeing!:D Can't wait for what next year might hold for us...We had many laughs on the trail, just read our logs;):rolleyes:

WhereRWe?
02-26-2008, 09:39 AM
OK - Rubic's Revenge is the last one, and I know someone took it. Fess up!

:D:D

Sabby
02-26-2008, 10:56 AM
I had it to solve for the numbers and dropped it back on the table!

robt
02-26-2008, 02:26 PM
That TB just does not have the luck....... I just got that one back from NY..... Hopefully someone has it.

Haffy
02-26-2008, 05:54 PM
And to think I wasn't there to witness all the fun and it was my suggestion that everyone do the series too,after the WWWWWW event. Glad everyone had such a good time.

Team2hunt
02-26-2008, 06:53 PM
And to think I wasn't there to witness all the fun and it was my suggestion that everyone do the series too,after the WWWWWW event. Glad everyone had such a good time.

that you were good for nothing. ;) Thanks Haffy for the suggestion.